1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rodgers wants gradel at Swansea according to sky this morning

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Eireleeds1, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Well am I wrong then ? The fact is that Sinclair is now a premier league player, gradel is not if he stays with you, sinclair scored more goals, and by most measures goals mean a lot , so you are wrong, Sinclair is far better player backed up as we are a league higher than you!

2. Simon21-LUFC

Simon21-LUFC Well-Known Member

Sinclair took all your penalties. Gradel scored a large number more from open play. The rumour's clearly wrong as we reportedly turned down £4m from Newcastle in January. Sinclair isn't fit to lace Gradel's boots.

3. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

That's a terrible argument. By the same token, James McArthur of Wigan is a better player than Scott Parker. Players shouldn't just be assessed by their divisional status, I know that's hard for newly-promoted teams to accept, especially when they're a small club who's just experiencing that big time rush for the second or third time ever. It can go to one's head, that's understandable. Anyway, if you want to play that angle, Leeds scored more goals than Swansea this season, so all our attacking players must be better than yours.

When I asked "was I wrong?" I meant about Sinclair's workrate. Does he work hard for 90 minutes or does he just wait for service to come to him? In my opinion, that's the reason Gradel's the better player. Gets the same amount of goals, works his arse off and creates more too.

4. Best Fans

Best Fans Active Member

Sinclair is a typical young English player. They have one decent season and suddenly they are hyped up as world beaters. He's a good player at Championship level, but half his goals were penalties. When he was on loan at Wigan two seasons ago, he was crap, lets see how he adapts to the Prem before saying he's better than Gradel. Both Gradel and Sinclair have had very good seasons, and Sinclair was playing in a better team anyway. I've seen them both play, and Gradel works much harder.

As for Swansea's Prem chances, they have easily the weakest squad in the league at the moment. And if they players they are aiming to get are Graham (vastly overpriced at £3.5million - apart from last season, he has a very average goal scoring record with 17 goals his highest total - and Gradel, then they are going to struggle. With you saying that Gradel would be on the bench for Swansea as well, then what's the point in signing him. Surely you should be looking to improve the team, not add back up players.

It's naive to think that club size/attendance doesn't affect a clubs chances of staying up either. Leeds go into every game expecting a win (whether realistic or not) whereas teams like Blackpool went into every game this season thinking they are underdogs. We would be able to attract better players, and have a bigger mentality than other clubs (which is party why people say our fans are arrogant/deluded but it works in our favour).

5. ToL1D7

ToL1D7 Member

Simple question, if Leeds are so great why aren't they in the premier league? no bitching, just a simple answer please.

6. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

His work rate is fine , he gets in the right position to score goals, he is quick and whilst he has scored penalties they still had to be won, and then scored! Yes you scored more goals but your defence was like a sieve , we play as a team and had one of the best defences in the league!

And it's not naive at all about crowd sizes, I have been having this argument on 606 for years, we have landed up above you consistently for years, neither your past history or crowds win you games now, we have better players, are a better team, in a league higher than you, the table doesn't lie!

Basically if we want this player we will take him if terms can be agreed, I am not being arrogant just stating facts here, we have more money than you and can afford it, but a rumour from a paper that is basically bog paper should not be taken seriously, you lot have certainly bitten, haven't you ?

7. Jerel Ifil

No-one said Leeds were "so great".

We didn't get promoted because of a lack of investment which resulted in poor defending and a lack of on-the-field leadership.

And Jager, give up with this tedious "you lot keep biting" line. If you really were on a wind-up, you wouldn't keep trotting it out and your banter would actually be amusing. I'm sure Sinclair didn't have to defend in the way Gradel did, but Gradel still edges it because he chose to knacker himself for 90 minutes and created more goals, probably scored more from open play too. Sometimes it's true that you have to get in good positions to score penalties, but more often than not, it wasn't Sinclair who was felled to earn the penalty I'll bet.

8. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

You have bitten, you have taken the word from sky sports who in turn got it from the mirror as gospel, I would say that the swans have very little interest in this, the mirror rumours are as accurate as the stars, so people read into them what they want, for me predictions of this sort are crap, if its confirmed by either club then I believe !

Really me coming here has been very enjoyable, if you actually read my thread on the swans forum, I actually asked where they get these rumours from, so enjoy your biting it's been fun ;)

9. Spanish white

Spanish white Active Member

Jager your the biggest biter of the lot..... now jog on and stay on your page with the few fans you have :) :)
    By the way you talk crap !!!:emoticon-0119-puke:

10. Jerel Ifil

Oh dear Jäger. The way you have to mention "biting" in every post suggests it's us that have been winding you up for some reason. Don't think anyone at all believed the rumours, every post on this thread and the other is written with conditionals. Been nice having you here anyway, it's nice to have some non-Leeds input.

11. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

This is just a diversion to me, I came here just to see your thoughts on it, and could see that the mirror had done it's job of winding up Leeds fans, have you actually read their chief reporters twitter page? He is an arrogant prick who loves winding people up, basically a trumped up hack idiot, I had the pleasure of exchanging some posts with him and had loads of until he started swearing at me ;)

Now you lot have bitten and taken the words of a low grade paper as words of truth

12. Jerel Ifil

I take it you didn't read my last post then? <doh>

13. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

i see that the player is eager to join the swans and everyone knows that if a premiership club comes in for a lower league player and they really want him then he will leave, £1.5 million is about the maximum and we will get the player for that.......you know it, i know it everybody knows it....

14. MarkoLUFC

MarkoLUFC Well-Known Member

<laugh> it's so hilarious that you actually believe that

15. Simon21-LUFC

Simon21-LUFC Well-Known Member

Yes, and maybe if you get him you'll have a decent chance at the league! <doh>

16. Spanish white

Spanish white Active Member

u been drinking before school in the morning :( naughty ........

17. Jerel Ifil

"£1.5 million is about the maximum and we will get the player for that"... they signed Danny Graham for three and a half ****ing million! Two days ago!

18. SussexBlueBird

SussexBlueBird Active Member

Ignore the jack wums, truth is they know they're really a championship side at best, that's why they have trouble posting on their own board. By the way jager that was not abuse, if I was going to abuse you I would have told you to **** off and go play with your bucket & spade, all together now,,,,, they do like to be beside the seaside etc <doh>

19. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

we will finish around the 10th-12th mark with the players we are recruiting plus the strong team we already have so we will be fine and just enjoy the premiership. we will lose some draw some and we will win enough points to stay up. i cant see leeds doing much with pa pa smurf and his wonder boy grayson can you....<party><party><party>:emoticon-0109-kiss::emoticon-0109-kiss::emoticon-0109-kiss:

20. Jerel Ifil

They certainly talk about their bloody seaside enough! <laugh>