1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Rochdale match thread

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Sep 30, 2016.

1. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

A guy who sees his team drawing and devoid of goals goes 4-5-1 for the 3rd game in a row. It's pathetic in truth.

Won't get bums back on seats even if we win.

2. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Shocking attendance today - really bad

Even the plastics are boycotting

3. Miketyson2007Junior

Miketyson2007Junior Well-Known Member

It could be 442 with Jackson out wide and Lookman up front. The lack of any options what so ever, limits Slade's options. The only potential change I'd make is to start Botaka

4. Miketyson2007Junior

But then we have 100% of our wingers on the pitch, do we even have any decent youth wingers?

5. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

I believe the number of fans boycotting is smaller than the number of fans who just don't want to come because the football is awful, the atmosphere is horrible and the team is going nowhere. More to the point Roland is going nowhere.

6. ForestHillBilly

WE're now 2 places and 1 point above relegation.

7. Crack Addick

Crack Addick Active Member

Wow. Just wow. Absolutely no creativity. Crofts might as well be sat in an armchair smoking a pipe. Lookman, holmes and magennis look like the only players who give two ****es.

Franco5 likes this.
  8. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Absolute ****e. Even if we manage to get a goal or two in the next 10 mins

9. ForestHillBilly

Level with 4th bottom, 3 points from bottom, 12 from the top. Not too early to say we face a struggle to stay in L1. Is Slade and his merry crew up for a relegation fight? Let's hope so.

10. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

I wish that bald lump of lard would piss off! And no, I'm not talking about Mr May.

11. Miketyson2007Junior

That was the worst yet. Slade is lucky we have the sh1ttist owner in football, he doesn't get enough stick.

12. Franco5

Franco5 Well-Known Member

Words fail me after watching that drivel.

Too f****d off to even bother having a rant...!!

I'm sure you boys will cover it.

13. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Called that right then (apart from I said 1-2). If I can see from Spain how we are going to play, it can't really be that hard to see the failings going on in front of the manager on the pitch. If the results are so poor, and he sticks to his system, it isn't much of a jump to think he will always play this tedious brand of anti-football. If this was the best manager available, god help us. The upshot of a miserable midweek draw against Oldham, is to do the same thing today. The season is shaping up into a repetition of last season. The big question is, will Jose Riga make it third time lucky next february?

14. User deleted as requested

Today's performance was right up there with Les Reed's home cup defeat v Wycombe.

Slade has just said we were "toothless" but what does he expect playing 4-5-1 at home. He is clueless. Magennis was so isolated again today. We are so easy to play against - just a constant long ball from Pearce over our sh1t midfield towards Magennis. That is the sum total of what Slade works on all week. Why was Lookman still taking corners when he cannot clear the first man with them? Our corners have been terrible for weeks. Why take our only goal threat Holmes off and replace him with Novak - I am nearly 50 and I can run faster than that crock.

Massively, massively not good enough. A betrayal.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  15. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

Glad I had the spa. That massage was sublime, definite help.

Now whiskey.

16. User deleted as requested

Crafts and Foley are totally useless footballers, Jackson was chasing shadows all game as the Rochdale players easily by passed him. That leaves Ulvestad who is a non entity even at this level (yet to have a good game). When you throw in that Fox was Fox today i.e.: doing a passable impression of a pub player, and Pearce treated the ball like a hot potato, and you can see why this side has big problems.

In summary, too little quality on the pitch in a red shirt and being led by a cautious mug in the dug out.

17. I8clowntown

I8clowntown Member

Calvin Andrew:emoticon-0136-giggl. How **** must you be, only out of bottom 4 on GD<laugh><laugh>:emoticon-0140-rofl:

18. ForestHillBilly

I got it wrong, I said we'd lose 0-2. If I'm right this is the lowest league position we've ever had in the entire history of the club.

19. User deleted as requested

And it could get worse yet.

I reckon there is a 50/60% chance of relegation. The January transfer window feels a long way off.

ForestHillBilly likes this.
  20. Franco5

Franco5 Well-Known Member

Disagree re Foley and Pearce Royston...

Foley is no Solly and he's not a RB. For me he didn't do much wrong all game and filled in well IMHO. He got very little protection from Holmes in front of him, but allowed Holmes the freedom to attack at will.

I like Pearce. He's as solid a CB as you'll find in L1. Did well at the start of the season taking the inexperienced Konsta under his wing. It's gunna take a few games for him and Baer to develop an understanding.

Jacko, Crofts and Ulvestad... all completly ineffective today offering nothing going forward and very little defensively.

Fox... did ok.

McGuinness... worked his bollocks off with zero support. Looked relieved to come off.

Holmes... at fault for the goal. He had no reason whatsoever to dive in when the Rochdale winger was going nowhere. However, he's still well worth the £5 entrance fee and along with Lookman was our only genuine attacking threat. Ludicrous decision to take him off when chasing a goal (he didn't look too pleased with getting hooked either).

Botaka... f*****g awful footballer.

Novak... Put himself about well and had a couple of good touches.

Ajose... Looks so far out of sorts. Deffo needs to be in the box to be effective. His link up play is non existent.

Just the way I saw it.

The Kish likes this.