1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rival Watch

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Style, Aug 21, 2012.

1. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

That is because Real have such high standards!!! Seriously, there are people who moan at every game but you know yourself, Ronaldo is absolutely loved by Real Madrid fans the world over. Well the vast majority who recognise a wonderful and unique player.

Since he moved to Spain the level of his game has soared, althought it almost stalled under your great friend, the Spanish waiter. He was an excellent player during his time in England but how he has adpated and changed his game is fantastic and a lesson to any younger footballer who aspires to have a future in the game. His fitness levels are phenominal, his professional and dedication is superb. Alex sold an absolute diamond there. Pity, but maybe he felt he had taken Ronaldo as far as he could and then passed the baton on to someone else.

2. Stan

Stan Stalker

Ronaldo wanted to play for Real. Literally everyone apart from you knows that.

3. The Ides of March

Thank you for your informative remark and of course I knew Ronaldo wanted out but I expect better comments from United fans than a sarky response, or is that all you are capable of Stan?

4. Stan

Stan Stalker

Your post was comically stupid. You should be grateful that Stan bothered to respond at all.

5. The Ides of March

With a name like yours, you are the comically stupid one!

6. Stan

Stan Stalker

Epic.

7. The Ides of March

Amazing!

8. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Rooney hasn't been booed by United Fans, he gets his name sang and an ovation every ****ing game, anything else is just nonsense. I know some would like to rewrite that fact but sorry, a fact is what it is.

As for Real celebrating in style, who really gives a flying ****?

Sir Tennisball likes this.
  9. The Ides of March

You obviously don't but I bet the directors of your club will have taken note on how it was organised and will put on something very similar should the CL ever go back to Stretford again.

Many years ago, a football writer took your club to task regarding the lack of promotion and organisation when United played AC Milan in a friendly (1988). He commented on the way the club treated the Italians that day. For all the club cared, it could have been Oldham Athletic. Now the book was probably never read by many a MUFC supporter but someone in the club hierarchy at the time certainly did, and took on board very seriously the criticisms to bring your club out of its 70s and 80s mindset to a club competing with Europe's best both on and off the field.

I made my orginal comment regarding how English clubs do a celebration with what Real organised last night, and to my mind the English clubs have a lot to learn in that respect but one of your company decided to have a cheap poke at Real with regard to booing of Ronaldo, and I am sure those guys will have been taken to task by their own fans for their crass stupidity.

10. Stan

Stan Stalker

please log in to view this image

11. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Can I give some context to these suggestion of Spanish football fans booing/whistling at their own players. I have been extremely fortunate to watch live matches at a good few Spanish grounds, big and small, and in my experience this whistling/booing thing is completely different than in the UK - its just a cultural thing. Football here is altogether more social and family orientated, families attend matches together - even the late evening games. Part of that is that Spanish fans in general don't shout obscenities or swear at events or players on the pitch out of consideration for families on the terraces. Their displeasure is expressed in more genial terms - boos and persistent whistles - the meaning of which is not lost on the players. I'm sure CR would rather face the odd whistle than some of the verbal s**t dished out in the PL.

The Ides of March likes this.
  12. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

It's all he deserved <whistle>

13. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

But it's dished out by his own fans

14. glazerfodder

He doesn't play every game at 100%, sometimes he can be anonymous for much of the game - of course, then he scores a couple. The crowds here are very unforgiving for anyone, superstars included, who don't give 101% all of the time, having said that, a lot of it is tongue in cheek. As I said, it is a cultural thing that we do not fully understand - like bull-fighting and boar-baiting.

15. glazerfodder

16. glazerfodder

Liverpool have withdrawn from the race to sign Kylian Mbappe after they realised the price was £100m instead of £100.

Christiansmith and King Shergar like this.
  17. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

...and that represented the budget Kloppyflop had for 10 players.

glazerfodder likes this.
  18. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

And realised that there was no way in hell a player with interest from Real, City, Utd, Chelsea and PSG would ever even consider Liverpool

glazerfodder likes this.
  19. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

What team have spend £910M on players but have not won the Prem?

I will give you a clue

Bin

glazerfodder and Christiansmith like this.
  20. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

<laugh>

Mmm. Could it be the club with most deluded fans on the planet? The club that celebrates being top or second in November and do guards of honour and have open bus top parades already organised when there are still some points to be won?

Who could it be???

HRH Custard VC and glazerfodder like this.