1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

RIP Mikey Dye

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by JamieT567, Sep 6, 2011.

1. daz1927

daz1927 Member

Shocking news! Used to know Mikey from various away games many moons ago.

RIP and condolences to all his family and close friends.

2. up-the-jacks

up-the-jacks Member

R.I.P Mike so sad news. just goes to show how pathetic people are these days. my thought are with your family and friends.

3. GhostOfNinian

GhostOfNinian Member

My initial post on this thread was just a simple RIP, as I didn't feel that I was close enough to Dye-o to make any more detailed a comment than that...without being disingenuous.

But being in contact with friends last night and seeing his picture on the latest BBC article, brought back so many memories of great times both at home and away with club and country, that I just had to come back on and express more deeply my sense of disbelief that such a thing can happen over something as truly trivial as a football match!

I just want to pass on my sympathy to his family and those that were closest to him, in the hope that they can get through this tragic loss as best they can...

No matter what the circumstances, this just should not be happening when like all of us on here, a supporter of any club or country leaves their home to go and enjoy a game, fully expecting to return home safe and sound and kiss their wife and kids before retiring to bed.
    Senseless in the extreme!

Dye-o, RIP mate... <peacedove>

4. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Can someone please delete James's comment

5. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

Done mate. Some people sicken me.

6. The Exile

The Exile Member

Thank you Scottswan, there was no need for that type of comment on this forum.

7. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

I just hope that anyone reading this thread with a personal connection to Mr Dye realises that 99.9% of people/football fans/users of this forum have only condolences and best wishes in mind, and that the idiotic minority are just that. Thick, and very much out numbered.

8. garyrowellsworld

Rest in Peace

9. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Mods

Do we have to put up with the self righteous poster? While the media may chose to pick over elements of Mike's life, this is not the time nor the vehicle for posts like this.

10. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

I'm trying. Seems some people can't respect other peoples right to pay their respects without having their 2p's worth.

11. GhostOfNinian

GhostOfNinian Member

Scottswan, I wouldn't even edit the post...I'd just delete it.

12. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

In fairness, that last one did seem to paying condolences and I think it was just a slightly misguided attempt to bring in some information. I don't think there was anything malicious about that one, which is more than can be said about what one or two others posted.

13. EldonBluebird

EldonBluebird Active Member

Scottswan your doing a sterling job attempting to keep this thread on track <applause><applause><applause>

R.I.P. mikey, condolences to his family and all that knew him

14. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Thank you Scott <ok>

The one positive thing from all of this is that the vast majority of football fans regardless of club and country will band together and give support when it is really needed. The common interest of football surpasses all else. <applause>

15. H bomb

H bomb Active Member

nice work Scott <ok>

I agree with Ghost...don't waste your time editing, just delete.

16. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

I thought the post earlier (sorry I haven't the drive to go find the post!) suggesting everything be edited simply to "RIP" was a nice touch.

17. ccfcrt0p

ccfcrt0p Member

Note the reason at the bottom it's all that left off it as i edited to R.I.P. It's just not the time or the place for a chat debate or anything other than a simple comment! I will be changing this too. Good job scott Delete as others have said.

18. Micky

Micky Member

Irrespective of whether the suspects are English, Welsh or what club they allegedly support they are low lifes who should not be allowed out amongst the public. Deepest sympathy for Mike Dye and his family........ From a Hull City supporter

19. iggypop

iggypop Member

For myself, I cannot pretend to have known Mike Dye, but I have ultimate respect for any City fan who has been through those really hard years of the 80's and 90's and still loyally supported the club. From what I have gathered from other friends' comments in the media he was a proper old-fashioned Cardiff boy: loved his football, organised coaches for City fans, played for clubs in Ely, worked for the Council for many years. Clearly, the City was in his blood. No, I didn't know him, but even I feel a real sense of loss at his parting. It's blokes like him every club needs, every community needs. He deserves our respect, his family deserves our deepest sympathy.

20. Sayer77

Sayer77 Active Member

Mike Dye R.I.P. deepest sympathy to his family and friends