1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Return to the national team for J.Cole???

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by cjuliennech1, Nov 24, 2011.

1. cjuliennech1

cjuliennech1 Member

Just as a suggestion, if i were fabio cappello i would give joe cole a chance in the england first team. He has really found his form at lille and it would do no harm to anyone for him to be given a chance in a central role just behind the lone striker. Cole is one of the most talented players of this current england team and has been outdone by injuries and the english kick and rush mentality.

But as is being shown he excels on the european stage and therefore can bring something different to the england team. Also because rooney will be missing for the group matches it is likely that cappello will play 5 in midfield, so it wouldn't be a bad idea in a friendly have a midfield 5 of walcott parker wilshere j.cole young. Because i guarentee you that with cole wilshere and parker in the middle england would keep the ball better and create more opportunities. Especially with bent up front who is willing to both hold the ball up and run in behind and is a great finisher. I'm just saying give it a chance because i have a feeling that it could work.

2. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Firstly, his name is Fabio Capello - nobody can be that bad at their job that people can't get their name right after three years, can they?

Anyway, as for Joe Cole he does have one thing on his side, and that's the fact he isn't content to sit on his backside on the Liverpool bench whilst collecting his paycheque and expect to be in the England squad, but to leave the Premier League comfort zone and try his arm in Ligue 1, and has already gained acceptance from the crowd with some good displays. Another thing in his favour is that Rooney won't be available for the first round, and it's possible that Gerrard will be injured or so off form there is no possible justification for taking him, meaning Cole could well fill a niche if he keeps up his form.

If they go for a 4-4-1-1 variant, he could play off Bent/Defoe/Sturridge/Zamora/whoever, as I can't see him displacing either of Young or Milner, and I see Lennon as a better back-up on the flanks given his form this season, but I would take him ahead of Downing or Andy Carroll.

3. cjuliennech1

cjuliennech1 Member

Yeh i don't think that you can play him on the wing because for one thing that is not his position, his is most influential just behind the striker and i think that bent is the best one for him to play off. As for Capello's name i think we are being a bit petty here, know who i am talking about so end of story.