1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Record breaker ..

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Cliftonville, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

I think you've mistaken this place for Otib

2. ibodyslamrhinos

ibodyslamrhinos Active Member

Nope, know where I am thanks as have been here as long as you. If you want to get personal though it sounds like you know where OTIB is if you want to go there.

Just very bored of the "my dad is bigger than your dad", the same way others are tired of whinging about the manager. Mentality of some on here who claim they are the better supporters because they can watch extreme failure longer is pathetic.

Red Robin likes this.
  3. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Answer the question then...
    Who is there to replace him that's available? as apart from the unlikely names brought up by RR I don't see "Jose like" lining up for it!

4. ibodyslamrhinos

ibodyslamrhinos Active Member

The one I wanted has now gone, he was very gettable and was my choice before LJ, before SOD and before McInnes even. That was Paul Clement, I also would have been happy with Neil Warnock before LJ. I wanted Jokanovic as well! To be honest I never wanted to see Cotts go. If he the money LJ had been given I think we would have been challenging playoffs this year.

We have missed the boat on the ones I wanted but I'd settle for safety this year (again) snd mount a challenge next year.

I think either Nigel Adkins or Kenny Jackett could help with that.

You need to crawl before you can walk and we need to establish ourselves as a solid top 8 championship team first and those 5 names I mentioned could have easily provide that. Sad as it is, it wasn't time for Lee yet.

5. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

There is no question really to answer till Mr Johnson ceases to be in his role. Fans were previously told that many high quality candidates appeared last time the role was vacant.

It would then be up to the Professionals employed by Steve Lansdown and Mr Lansdown to decide who would fit in with the current philosophy, if they are not abandoning it.

What I was I was getting is - Is it is what is, or being mediocre/poor good enough for BCFC's Manager?

What is it that is keeping Mr Johnson in his role for a project with an unspecified timescale for its outcome? Is there something being missed?

6. oneforthebristolcity

Who says they would want to come? and I'm not sure their all that either, plus there are no guarantees!
    As to Cotts would be challenging for playoffs with the money LJ has spent........I haven't seen championship clubs queuing up for his services! Did well in League one but failed to change his ways in the championship.
    I think if LJ does get the sack, most fans would want to see an established manager renowned for success in the championship (Bruce type), otherwise it will be another lucky dip of a manager trying to make a name for himself............and we have one of those!!

7. oneforthebristolcity

Since when has the so say professionals employed by SL brought in a decent manager that is renowned for success??

8. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

There's no need for a specific timescale either. Obviously it might seem prudent to have one, but Game Theory can suggest otherwise.

9. Cliftonville

The club now has individuals with obvious football experience. I believe that BCFC has had Managers/coaches that are decent but none of had the resources which have been provided for Mr Johnson. Mr Johnson's role should be ?? Well we have been told the club's structure makes it easy to remove/appoint Coaches/Managers without large Portobello changes.

Success to myself is stability and improvement. BCFC on the playing side are in crisis.

Game theory!

Lee Johnson has thrown away his own ideas from earlier in the season he talks of process, but process is organised. Mr Johnson's process is out of control.

Does a record run of defeats have to worsen to 2-0 defeats and yet more record spending before this undetermined timescale is ceased?

10. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Sooner or later, we will get a pasting from someone rather than a close game. With regard to JP, surely he is part of the results problem. Is he either helping LJ or putting his hand up in the air and saying Its nothing to do with me?- I dont know how it all works internally, but I would have though he must have some input

oneforthebristolcity likes this.

11. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Seems like you're arguing with something that's not there Cliftonville. My post was more a philosophical one rather than directly applied to LJ. Of course I wouldn't give LJ unlimited time.

12. Cliftonville

Club philosophies like Southampton producing a stream of young talented players to play and trade has no timescale. It's a cyclic philosophy of development.

I am now lost as to what Mr Johnson is doing e.g.The club's largest wage earners are subs, players costing millions do not play, wingers play in the hole ... There is no philosophy and process present.

Redprintt and Red Hub like this.
  13. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

I would be giving Lee Johnson marks below five out of ten fir every everything he is doing.

Players brought in like Tomlin and O.Neill are no longer playing. Players effort is now questionable when they lose the ball or concede. These are Lee Johnson's players he can't motivate and if the players are down to Ashton it still comes down to Lee Johnson's lack of man management.

Looks out of his depth. Time to go.

Redprintt likes this.
  14. Red Alert

And players were brought into attack. Lee Johnson appears to want attacking players to become defensively minded and sit in their own half. If that is what you want don't buy these type of players in the first place. It looks like he has changed his mind on what he wants to do and is bringing in land of the giants instead.

15. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="banksyisourhero, post: 10120898, member: 1000782] REFERENCE CIDEREDS COMMENT"this is the worst run for City since I started watching in April 1950[/QUOTE]
    That makes you and I 2 OF THE OLDER STATESMEN! I WAS 1952

16. johngalleyfan2

Absolutely .. its called camels and straws .... if you cant change your mind then your opinion is flawed. I am still holding on just to junior staying.. have I got a time limit? probably, but don't know it. Other than stated on a post that when we cant get 24 points more from CARDIFF game onwards we should reconsider our options ....at the moment that is my opinion .

BCFCRob likes this.
  17. johngalleyfan2

think you have the wrong end of the stick, its not a case of questioning the mentality, stamina or demeaning fans .. they say the loser of an argument is the one that shouts the most or insults the most .. I don't really glean any of this from the "stick with him supporters" but barrow loads from the get rid..

Should he be replaced will I lose any sleep NO .. will fall in line with next manager when ever that is and form my own opinion from the

18. Red Alert

barrow loads? where in this thread is there barrow loads of insults?? fans are putting up very strong and polite arguments that Lee Johnson's time should be at an end. In return people are struggling to come up with anything to show he is up to the job and can turn it around.

Redprintt likes this.
  19. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Thats not what I'm reading?

It seems to me just about everyone is now at the point where enough is enough, some seem to have an objection that in their eyes some fans took too long to come to that conclusion? (some fans did it too quickly in my opinion) They seem to assume comments made about the real fickle fans on here (We all know!) who seem to be chasing managers and players out within weeks of them arriving has somehow been aimed at them?

I personally had my doubts when LJ was appointed, and he hasn't done much recently to improve my opinion.. But I also don't forget the feigning comments about how great he was just months ago!

At the end of the day, this is someone losing their job and I believe he does love the club and certainly had no intention of putting up such a poor performance.

Does he have to go now.. probably.. Do we need to kick him in the bollocks on the way?

And if you're looking for a "barrow loads of insults" read through a few of Reprintts posts..

20. oneforthebristolcity

"And if you're looking for a "barrow loads of insults" read through a few of Reprintts posts.."

Yes, from his appointment. Had nothing to do with his credentials, just for whom he was