1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Real Madrid v Tottenham Match Day Thread

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by HOADIE_BOI, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Aberdeenarsenal

The ref didn't get a whole lot wrong last night, both crouch's tackles were late which were bookable offences.

2. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Well-Known Member

Yet far worse and deliberately not going for the ball challenges by Madrid players went without a card

3. Aberdeenarsenal

I'll agree Ramos should have been booked. But the one Pepe recieved was harsh and bale was already going to ground before he even made contact.

Dont think it would have made much of a difference to be honest, if crouch had still been on you would have been further up the field with less men behind the ball.

4. KingPepeReina.

KingPepeReina. Active Member

Excuses excuses.
    You want to make this nitwit England manager.?
    I hope you do.It will mean England won't win anything.
    Last night proved Harry Taxknapp is a tactical dunce.

5. ShelfSideSpur

ShelfSideSpur Active Member

Yes, but the key to this is defending higher up the pitch - not desperation in your own box! We were always going to be on the back-foot anyway, inviting pressure on even more is just suicide - as the scoreline reflected!

6. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

To be honest i'm not overly upset today. 4-0 seemed a bit harsh, but we did deserve to lose.
    Crouch deserved to go for sheer stupidity alone, not to mention the fact that they were both bookings (especially in Europe).
    Ramos should have gone a bit later, but overall the ref did ok.

The WUMS can say what they want. The fact is that we have a LOT of injuries, and even some of the players on the pitch weren't fit (Bale/Gallas). We were probably playing with more like 9.5 men than 10.

The injury situation more than anything else needs to be sorted. Why do we have so many injuries EVERY season?

The players now need to pick themselves up and start winning again in the prem. If we don't make the CL this season then i'm sure we'll pick up NEW STRIKER in the summer and we'll have an even better crack next.
    And no, i can't see Bale/Modric/VdV etc etc leaving.

7. Lee Hall

Lee Hall New Member

8. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

Not to worry, its broken :)

It also says: If you are unable to fix the problem yourself, please contact leehallfreelance at yahoo.co.uk and be sure to provide the technical support key shown above

I assume your name is either a coincidence or you're just trying to drum up hits

9. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Not excuses. Facts. Liverpool fans know all about facts

10. ShelfSideSpur

What a hit-whore <doh>

11. BringBackfootie

BringBackfootie New Member

Oh come on ffs, the ref. You can't blame the ref. Funny you sssmed to miss the best saveof the match, Dawsons when he raised both arms out from his body and made a great save, stickon pen, but hey, thats ok?

How about pss poot tactics by Harry.
    How about real were not even in top gear they were average last night by THEIR standards and at no point did they light up the game with fantastic football, Dawson done better than I thought he would but it was a definatel penalty for his handball could have been 5 or 6 so at least ye have a numerical chance. VDV was nowhere and Bale was the only unfit outlet

LOL at all the people expecting a spurs win, those are particularly the one sthat know nothing of spanish football.

They are 8 points behind Barca, who had a 15 game win streak, spurs are 5th in a poor premier league in a poor season and ave consistently conceded bags of goals

Just like Fergie in the CL final, harry has learned that you have all the best attcking ideas you want but if you don't have the ball it counts for nowt.

All the media and mCnulty saying spurs could beat em, yeah if real never turned up then maybe. They half turned up anfd still out classed spurs by a stretch.

No chance at WHL, it is Jose remember, he aint gonna go to whl and lose 4 0 with a far superior team

12. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

I still don't get why other fans care so much about Spurs. Is it a not-out-the-closet-spurs-fan thing?
    I've never even so much as visited other teams forums, let alone posted. Don't see the point.

13. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Probably becuase we've all had it rammed down our necks about how great spurs have been in Europe and what a genius 'arry is. The reality is, Spurs have flown by the seam of their pants and finally got found out.

And i literally cant believe one fan on here is trying to blame the ref. What a joke. What about the pen Real should have had??

That said, you have done better than anyone expected and if you make it back next year, who knows. Experience goes a long way in this comp.

14. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Oh give the holier than you rubbish a rest

We have had it all season from you anti-Spurs fans about how we won't get past the qualifier/group stage/finish top/get past AC Milan so we were perfectly entitled to ram it back down your **** talking throats

15. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

And pointing out that the ref let Madrid get away with far worse tackles than Tottenham is not blaming the loss on the ref.

16. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

Yeah I think if they had even lost 2-0 they could have turned Real madrid over on the home leg, But it wasn't to be for them.

17. Four2Three1©

Four2Three1© Active Member

Spurs, in the CL, are the equivalent of Blackpool in the Prem...

18. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

I'm going to hazard a guess at 4-0. ;)

19. ShelfSideSpur

Oh dear - wummed by a rugby fan <doh>

20. chelsea - over 100 years of history

and now you've been right royally turned over, we can do the same!!