1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Rant thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by sheffordqpr, Jan 28, 2017.

1. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Hope I'm not intruding, but I'm really pissed off with my team being ****e despite having an enviable squad, huge catchment area, new stadium and one of the richest men in football - the U.K. - even the world as our owner.
    A 18 goal striker on loan from Chelsea - one of the hottest properties outside the Premier league and still we are fighting relegation.

You can have Freeman - he hasn't done anything for us really since our arrival in this league - mind you, neither had Luke Ayling - and now he is MOTM every week and in the playoffs with Leeds.
    Rant over - sorry - back to my own board now....... :(

2. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

why is everyone coming down on lorry drivers today
    have they been out murdering prostitutes again

kings of the road

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  3. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I'm aware of the law but realistically there is a fast lane. There just isn't when someone sits in it doing 70.

4. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I liked what I saw of him in the lower leagues but we have some glaring holes in our squad and he's the type of player we don't lack. Can't say I'm overly excited.

5. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

FFS, got home tonight after a month away to find some c*nt has nicked my motorbike and my Galaxy is dead as a Dodo with a flat battery...<grr>

finglasqpr likes this.
  6. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

Commiserations Sooper, what a bummer

7. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

Thievery is the bane of our society. I'd cut the cnuts hands off!!

8. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Commiserations Soops, what type of bike was it?

9. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

You really do have something to complain about. Commiserations

10. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

The one with two wheels!

11. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

might have been one of these
    please log in to view this image

12. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Suzuki GSX650F, the bastards took it out of my front garden and would have had to break the ignition steering lock...

13. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

BBC Radio 5L that just introduced Trevor Sinclair as the 'former England, Man City and West Ham player'.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I hate it when they do that. Completely disrespectful. Texted to tell them so too.

14. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

People who can't be arsed to use the indicators on their car, especially when going right around a roundabout - I'm not psychic; and don't shout and swear at me because I almost pulled out in front of you. Twat!!
    And it's the most expensive cars that seem to have indicators that don't work - or perhaps their very important drivers imagine the car does it for them!!

Kilburn likes this.
  15. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Looks like a very nice bit of kit. Sorry mate.

16. KentGaz

KentGaz Well-Known Member

Definately this

17. KentGaz

KentGaz Well-Known Member

BMW drivers

18. IwasanotherwatfordR

IwasanotherwatfordR Well-Known Member

Apologies if this offends, but this is my experience.

Lazy, useless, dishonest English "tradesmen".

Moved house last September.

We have needed so far, at least five separate tradesmen including, plasterer, plumber, heating engineer, chimneysweep and electrician. Not a single one has been able to arrive within an hour of the allotted time, do the work in less than 3 separate visits or do the work at anywhere near the original costs estimate or within a week of the completion time estimate. Without exception, each has had a pervading attitude that they are somehow doing us a huge favour by deigning to waste their apparently valuable time attending our home. Each piece of work seems to be universally met with lots of head shaking, air sucked into teeth and immediate negativity. This usually manifests itself in a worthy declaration that the make of boiler/gates/shower valve is so very rare/esoteric that parts will be impossible to locate. (These are lies as I have found everything we have needed within moments with just a scant search on Ebay). Furthermore, two of these tradesman have tried to mislead my wife into signing up for significant and entirely unnecessary work.

Henceforth, I plan to absolutely insist on good, reliable Poles for all other work including more major extension/rebuild projects I plan for our home.

19. Woodyhoopleson

Woodyhoopleson Well-Known Member

You have my sympathy. As an electrician, I aim to deliver a top service and installation. I pride myself on doing the job properly, tidily, on budget. There's no grey areas with electrics, it's right or it's wrong and although a messy installation can work fine, I want it to look perfect.

I'm having my loft converted at the minute, shell only, I'll do the interior work. It's pretty much done now, but it's been a frustrating process. The boys couldn't have been more messy, I've never seen a broom on the job. The amount of clearing of crap I've had to do from between joists is ridiculous. The skip and pavement is a disgrace. Had to put a new tyre on my wife's car yesterday because of a nail in it. Pretty sure I know where that came from.

Veluxs undersized, timber structure around them form a shape with no current name.

Wrong sized joists in part.

Staircase strings overhanging doorways top and bottom.

Nogs fitted to walls and floors on angles and miles away from being a straight line.

White fascias fitted instead of black.

A company director who can't recall any conversation we've had except one which we didn't regarding money.

Not all bad, certainly redeemable, but frustrating.

If you want a job done...

There's too much average work and far from enough skilled work being done.

20. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Sympathise too pal.

We moved into our new house a couple of years ago, shelled it, then had some quotes for plastering/kitchen/flooring etc. Without exception, all the local tradesmen could only fulfill certain parts of the job, with large overheads. I was them recommended a Polish crew, who could carry out the full works, in a fraction of the timescale offered by my local trades, and over £10K cheaper - a no brainer. They moved in within 2 days, and work was finished promptly on their proposed timescale, with all debris removed and cleaned the house top to bottom. Work quality was exceptional, guys worked from 8am til 7pm every day, 7 days a week for 6 weeks, leaving us a wonderful new home.

I'm sure not all "British" tradesmen are lazy, or have bad timekeeping, but it seems to be an overwhelming majority that, as you say, feel like they are doing you a favour by just turning up.