1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Ranieri Sacked

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Darren Peacock’s Ponytail, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Wrong.

Mackems will be beelin as his replacement will likely keep Leicester up now..

2. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

3. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

Ridiculous decision, they're not even in the drop zone right now, surely your best manager ever deserves a bit of slack?

Last last season was obviously a massive one off, and yes they've let it go to their heads and have been on autopilot a lot of this season...but **** it, when a manager did what he did last season he's allowed even relegation.

Ridiculous decision....not as ridiculous as us sacking Robson though.

Lord Jonjomort likes this.
  4. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like you are expecting Sunderland to sign him, what makes you so sure ?

Captainchaos. likes this.
  5. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

Absolutely disgusting decision. Football is ****ed!

Leicester's performances this season haven't shown how **** Ranieri is - they have shown how ****ing amazing what he did last season really was. How a small family club can sack a manager that has won them the league title less than a year ago is beyond me. I hope they go down now. I would feel sorry for their fans, but their fans will always have last year - nobody can take that away from them. The money grabbing, ego seeking owners deserve to have their toy taken away from them for what they have done. Absolute dickheads.

6. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Nothing better represents the modern game than this news. Nothing. Perfect nutshell of football today, even more apt than sacking Pellegrini.

Oh, and a complete fcking disgrace imho.

jimileysbaldhead, fredor and Obi Wan like this.
  7. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

I think the one or two asteroids have landed in your muesli box mate

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  8. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

Football is business I am afraid. In business if you make a profit as the md your doing your job. If you then make a royal loss that potentially could put the company under you get sacked.

Football is no different. It's sad and a shambles but from a financial perspective the loyalty card is a no no. **** me maybe even ranierri has lost the focus after winning the league aswell as the players. For all we know maybe he's took his fingers off the pulse.

9. Schlem Boogerman

Schlem Boogerman Well-Known Member

With N'golo Kante in their side last season it was like they were playing most games with 12 men.

10. jimileysbaldhead

jimileysbaldhead Well-Known Member

It's a cunning plan of the Thai owners. They will appoint Pearson again who will keep them up, they'll then sack him and re-appoint Ranieri who will then win the title again next year.
    Simple.

JakartaToon likes this.

11. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Don't give Ashley any ideas for finishing 5th again.

12. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

Leicester are ****ed because now they're more deluded than even Newcastle

13. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

Everyone's going on about the loss of Kante, and it's true he's a big loss, but at the end of the day he was only one player and the rest of the team were on fire too - Kante wasn't part of that team that went on that amazing run at the end of 14-15 to keep them up.

As well as Kante, Jamie Vardy going off form has been a huge difference....not sure people should be surprised by this though, last season he played the season of his life, remember the season before he only got 5 goals, and a couple of years before that he only got 5 goals in the championship. Sadly he's been their Papiss Cisse this season - in the form of his life last season and couldn't sustain it.

Also factor in a few players seemingly letting it "go to their heads" a bit this season and not looking fully switched on - Drinkwater, Morgan, Huth, etc all look like they're still on a high after winning the title, and not ready for a gritty relegation battle.

At the end of the day Leicester aren't a top 5 team or even a mid-table team, they're a relegation battling team, who had a one in a million season last year. The owner is stupid if he thinks anything else.

14. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Ridiculous decision. I do think they are going. If this saves them then I suppose they would say the ends justify the means, but I'm not at all convinced. Pardew would keep them up, the bloke is a legend

jimileysbaldhead likes this.
  15. Warmir Pouchov

Kante's departure killed them. Its the one thing you can pin on the club/manager/scout - they did not manage to replace him effectively. The team never functioned the same way. I understand the "one player" argument. At the end of the day a team always overcomes individual talent (barring massive discrepancies) in talent. However some players are vital to how a team functions. We have the issue ourselves - Hayden is pretty average on what we've seen so far. We will need that holding player next season as No.1 priority. Kante literally clicked all the other pieces of the jigsaw together.

16. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Wrong. Leicester won the PL last year because they all pulled together and were much better than the sum of their individual parts. They never expected to win the league and when they did a few players mentally accepted that it couldnt get any better. In hindsight they should have got rid of the aging players over the summer but stuck with them out of loyalty. They should now have done same thing with manager.
    What makes it even worse is that the board told him they were sticking with him and then fired him a couple of weeks later while they were still in with a chance of getting through to CL quarter finals.

17. Warmir Pouchov

They reckon its player power. They have decided he is tinkering too much with formations, picking the wrong players and have had enough. Football is ****ed.

18. GeordieHalfbreed

GeordieHalfbreed Well-Known Member

This sums it up perfectly for me. Changing the manager sometimes works if it's a case of giving a mediocre team a boot up the @rse, but I think the current crop will all assume they're all too good for relegation and will just get snapped up by a PL team if they go down. Ranieri was the only one who had a chance of keeping some team spirit going. Shocking decision.

19. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Aparently the players spoke to the owners to get him sacked.
    Disgusting.
    These same nomark pricks owe their career to that man.
    **** them.
    **** the fans who support that decision.
    Hope they drop like Blackburn into the abyss.

20. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So this abyss you speak of starts only 22 places below us. Does that mean we are teetering on it as well?