1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rambling Dell reminiscing and poster says "bye" thread.

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by CBK, May 22, 2017.

1. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

Highbury. My second favourite football ground.

2. rednright

rednright Well-Known Member

Don't wear the Saints centenary shirt - just a tip!

fatletiss and Libby like this.
  3. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

That would be a schoolboy error!

4. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Strangely my first trip to a football ground was Fratton Park. My grandad and uncle made sure I was ok and led me down the front just behind one of the goals. Trouble was I had to stand on tip toe just to look over the fence at the pitch. Well I was only 5............that day I met someone who was to become a life long friend. He took pity on me and allowed me to share the box he had brought to stand on. For the next home game at Fratton he brought a bigger box just in case I was there.
    The next week end was my Birthday and I invited him to my very first birthday party. We also went on my first trip to the Dell to watch Saints the next day with my favourite uncle. His Dad and my uncle became firm friends too despite him being a "Pompeyite" as my uncle used to call him. Another life long friendship was made.
    My first glimpse of the dell was a bit disappointing as it was pouring with rain which eventually turned to sleet and then it snowed towards the end of the game. I am not sure which end of the Dell we stood, I have a feeling it was the Milton road end because the wind which was quite strong was in our face and we froze.
    Very fond memory's indeed................

5. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

If you are going to Argentina, visit Salta and Jujuy in the NW West as they have much more of a genuine South American feel than Buenos Aires. And if you really do have spare cash, go to the Iguasu Falls and see them from both the Brazilian side and the Argentine side as well. You need two days for that.