1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rafa's post QPR interview on Sky

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Consett Mag, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Consett Mag

Consett Mag Well-Known Member

Rafa's clearly not a happy man with the transfer window. He made it clear what was needed and admitted that it wasn't his decision that no players came in.

It's taken him a day to be clear about his take on yesterday's zero buying activity and I think he's extremely disappointed that his requests have fallen on deaf ears.

Explains the flat performance tonight.

2. anyobrien

anyobrien Well-Known Member

will he leave.... If fatty is on the prowl again?

3. Blacker-than-Knight

Ashley sticking his fingers in the pie and ****ing it up again, just when you think it's all change for the better all common sense goes out the window, I read and article in the Shields Gazette, one of the problems that Rafa has is he deals with Charnley while Carr is sitting down with Ashley and dribbling god knows what ****e in his ear.

Captainchaos. likes this.
  4. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

Ashley rumours about being unhappy with transfers are obviously correct

He didn't make a big sale this window is no doubt the reason plus players valuations are coming down with players like Perez, krul, mitro and mbemba

5. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

He should look to Carr for that.

6. leez

leez Well-Known Member

if rafa did walk ..i think it will be the final nail in his coffin .. this time .. half empty stadia def

Henry Boy and Sheikh_of_Araby like this.
  7. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I don't think he seemed that bothered - I know we all like to think there is some big issue but I don't think it exists

Flash likes this.
  8. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Especially as we were going after 2 players that Rafa wanted. Palace pulled out at the last minute - no conspiracy theory at all! And Everton didn't want to play ball - so who else should we have gone for? Cairney at £20M? No thank you!

9. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Indeed, the media are insinuating that there's another Ashley-inspired conflict, but I think it's Palace. ACS reckoned it was set to be done at around 4pm, then Palace did something (seriously, would you trust Parish or Allardyce?!?! Fcking hell, two more slippery pieces of sh!t you're unlikely to find) and we were left with nothing.

I also reckon that it was similar-ish with McCarthy. I think they said, yeah, we might loan him. Nah, we won't, we want £20m. At which point we laughed our t!ts off.

Flash likes this.
  10. Warmir Pouchov

McCarthy was never going. He had Gueye, Gibson, Davies, McCarthy, Barry, Besic and Schniederlin. Gibson was the weakest player, hence he let Gibson go. He probably has besic a little away from recovery. He has consistently said McCarthy is part of his plans. I think his first choice three is Gueye, Schneiderlin, Davies. He then needs Barry and McCarthy to provide cover to a number of roles. If McCarthy had really pushed the boat and Besic had been fit then maybe, but it was always likely to be a case of "maybe in the summer when we can sort it out"

Allardyce also said he wanted to keep Townsend. He said Townsend had come to him before the game and said "am I up for sale?" because of the speculation. He told him no and he was in the squad. So neither manager nor player was aware of actual offers.

I don't think anything slippery at all has happened. I think the newspapers have made up a load of speculation about two players not playing a lot, their agents were probably feeding it to get a feel for the situation and make a buck if they could. All the while the stakeholders i.e. chairman, manager, players were quite happy to keep the status quo to the summer at least.

11. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

He did seem pissed

12. Lord Jonjomort

To be fair, he'd just lost a stupid game! Townsend, if signed, probably wouldn't have had anything to do with it.

J. J. McClure likes this.
  13. Lord Jonjomort

Could be either scenario, but regardless I think Rafa has seen all of this before. Also, we're Championship. We seem to forget that.

14. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

All the players we were linked with are ****

15. Warmir Pouchov

I think I'd rather take the two managers at their word than believe either the clubs were up to dirty tricks or the papers are correct. I think Palace and Everton wanted to keep the two players in question. I'm not even sure from what they said there had been a bid. It suggested not.

We may have made an enquiry or made contact with their agents. It is probably as far as it got.

16. Lord Jonjomort

So by the same logic, Rafa has been stitched up by Charnley?

17. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Been saying it for a week or so that I thought Rafa had been pushing for deals but they've not come through so he will be pissed, not seen his interview but i imagine he's fairly livid. If Charley, Ashley and Carr force Rafa to walk with their ridiculous policies all hell will break lose!

Surely these dipshits can't fail to recognize this is probably the most positive atmosphere around the club since Ashley was downing pints in the terraces all those years ago and they need to give Rafa the final say on all squad related matters including transfers. Thauvin, Cabella, Doumbia, Saviet are prime examples of their bumbling idiocy when it comes to player purchases.

Ashley, Carr, and Charlney/the muppet before him have shown in the past decade they don't know what they are doing - culminating in 2 relegations under Ashley.

They need to come out and EXPLAIN CLEARLY the situation behind the scenes, what is Carr and Moncurs roles at the club? Who is in charge of transfers? What does Charlney do and is he involved in the purchase of players and if so why? What relevant experience has he got? Why do they not trust Rafa to use a specified budget as he see's fit?

It's not hard for a manager to deal with transfers if you say "here's £30million and 100k wages, once its gone its gone but you can spend it as you wish".

All this hysteria comes from no-one outside of the board having a ****ing clue what is going on at the club and the ones who do know don't/can't speak out.

18. Warmir Pouchov

No I think he has probably made the call and been told its not happening. He's relayed that to Rafa along with discussing the next move or other options, and they've decided its a waste of money. At least you'd hope thats how it works. The bottom line is unless Rafa comes out and says "I gave them a load of options but they failed" or "They wouldn't buy the players I wanted" or "They wouldn't pay the money" then I think everyone is trying to read between the lines and probably getting it all wrong.

This club man, its always feast or famine. The smallest issues are world ending, it makes me laugh.

19. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

As an outsider looking in, do you really need more players? That squad is the best in the division on paper by miles. If he can't get you top two with that lot then it's his fault rather than Ashley's IMO.

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  20. Warmir Pouchov

Exactly. Only one other club has gone as far in terms of support, Villa. Rafa has had it very very good. If we don't get promoted then he is an abject failure.