1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR v Sheff Weds

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Apr 17, 2017.

1. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Anybody who was at the game - were you entertained?

2. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

It really is a dire time to be a season ticket holder. Game after end of season game being the whipping boy for clubs with aspirations and no spirit left either in the players or fans. IH's tinkering is now well beyond the pale and he has a lot to answer for.

Hoop-Leif and rangercol like this.
  3. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Yeh great go on experimenting Ollie, doesn't matter which Division we use them in.

4. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

I'm not saying I agree with with what he is doing, just trying to find some explanation for his team selection and tactics.

5. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Bad news, Zola has quit Brum. New manager bounce might just save them?...

CroydonCaptainJack likes this.
  6. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Les confirmed he was happy with some experimentation in the remaining games. Basically he was endosing what Ollie was doing. Saw it in the Standard a few days ago. So don't think there can be any doubt Ollie has been doing just that. Totally agree with Deano that should only be done once we are SAFE. We haven't been safe and aren't yet. We could have been if he'd played his best team from the period of good form before the internatoonal break, and stuck with them as much as possible instead of all these changes every game.

7. deano58

deano58 Well-Known Member

I cant see any explanation for team selection or tactics,it seems to me that he is hoping to happen across a team..i like Ollie but hes position surely must be under scrutiny,man management which is his forte,works only if you have an assistant that knows this leagues requirements and how to set up a team.he needs a jim smith/colin character to lean on.

8. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

It was mildly entertaining, and we probably deserved a point after dominating the second half. The selection process is baffling, though. Poor Petrasso started at right-back in a 5-3-2 formation and was understandably all at sea as he can't defend. He was then briefly switched to left wing before being hooked at half-time. Ridiculous.

GoldhawkRoad, rangercol and sb_73 like this.
  9. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Yes I was Stan...but wish we had won

sb_73 likes this.
  10. CroydonCaptainJack

CroydonCaptainJack Well-Known Member

It was entertaining and we deserved a draw. Things aren't going our way at the moment, that's for sure.

11. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Awful for Petrasso's development and confidence to be played out of position and taken off at half time.

GoldhawkRoad, rangercol and Stroller like this.
  12. qpherts

qpherts Well-Known Member

Not heard much from uncle tony lately wonder why!!

13. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I just wonder what other entertainment industry would habitually consciously chop and change its performers every show. " Tonight, ladies and gentlemen, the director isn't quite sure which actors are best for this particular play at this time, so we are using half of the understudies, and the leading man will play 3rd sword carrier for a change. Be prepared for cast changes at the interval. There will be no discount for your experience, we are trying to fine tune for next months performances".

GoldhawkRoad, rangercol and Stroller like this.
  14. mcytiger

mcytiger Active Member

We looked disjointed throughout. Not sure what was going on at the end, where was Mackie playing? The defence just seemed to lob the ball forward and we lost every second ball. Not convinced that the players know what system we are playing.

15. qpherts

Lucky dip system!

16. Bush Rhino

Bush Rhino Well-Known Member

This all feels very familiar... Maybe Bernie will buy us back now he's been sacked from F1?

Sorry Couldn't help myself.

17. qpherts

IH "were on our way back" he's not wrong he must mean lge one!!

18. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I'm on the train home after consuming far too many beers than I should've. It was an entertaining game despite conceding two very soft goals. Bidwell should've cleared easily for their first and allowing a free header from two yards from a set-piece for their second was unacceptable. I think that the term that's appropriate for this afternoon was ... "We gave it a good go."

The starting line-up was quite bizarre and so it proved as everything we did seemed to be reactionary to what Wednesday did rather than try to impose ourselves on them at our house and come out fighting with intensity and on the front foot.

Although Wednesday didn't look that great or overly threaten they did look like a team with a system and a game plan. We didn't. They stuck to that all afternoon whereas we played or tried to change it and played at least four variations ( I began to lose count. )

I think we finished up with a 4-2-4, we started with 3-5-2 and then switched to 4-4-2 after half time and then lots of other gobbledygook in between. Football is a fairly simple game played in the main by a simple form of homo-sapien. Therefore you shouldn't try and confuse it more than necessary.

Just arrived at my station and need to get off.

19. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

I am SO looking forward to the end of this season. I was over the moon when Ollie was appointed, but even his biggest fan would be having doubts now. I am sure we will stay up, but he HAS to get it right in the summer. No excuses come August.

20. CORKeR

CORKeR Well-Known Member

Superb report........for a man who's "had more beers than he should've"! ;-)

And, he remembered which station to get off of.

Superb!