1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR v Fulham

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

In keeping with the officiating all afternoon. Gave them everything and us nothing.

2. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

We do need a more consistent source of goals.

The player closest to the one you describe is Washington. Unfortunately his luck is well and truly out but, to his credit, he doesn't shy away from taking a shot on.

3. Fourtyyearsofhurt(mostly)

Very pleased with the progress lately.... the effort and organisation is very good..............(anything to do with FLEMING I wonder!!)

Quality lacking up front and Sylla seems to inexperienced and my movement is better than his at 53!! Washingtons shot showed to me he could come good and when we broke a few times he would have been more useful than Sylla in the first half. The off sides were embarrassing at times and so unnecessary........why do you want to give away the ball in good areas. Just keep it and build again. Ollys 2/3 targets includes a striker I presume!!! ........Thought it would be tough and happy with point.

4. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

To be fair, I think the ref was equally **** to both sides in equal measure.

5. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Washington is never an out and out striker or target man imo. He don't strike, hold or lay off well. He could play Mackie''s role probably better than Mackie, and has been useful out wide.

mcytiger likes this.
  6. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Absolutely. To make matters worse, the Fulham number 10 threw Manning to the ground. That was an out and out Red and the ref bottled it and only gave a yellow.

Rangers Til I Die and Ninj like this.
  7. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

He bangs them in at International level. Not sure those defenders are all "wooden statues".

IMO he's unlucky in that he can't play up top on his own and that is the "in" formation at the higher levels. He certainly looks a decent goal scorer for Northern Ireland.

1982_Ranger, Stroller and Ninj like this.
  8. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

The stats I find show he's banged in just 2 International goals from 9 games, in friendlies at home to Slovenia and Belarus. None in competitive International games. And just 2 for us in the Championship from 37 games. He never looked like scoring to me in the Euros.

9. rangercol

Fair enough. I thought he'd scored more for NI, but then I couldn't be arsed to look it up!

QPR Oslo likes this.
  10. fulham traveller

fulham traveller Well-Known Member

Opposite fans point of view,
    Before the game I was expecting a good game of football, and confident of a Ffc win, never got either, when we did get in your half we got a pen, not a pen in my mind, not a dive, just cut across him, I felt justice was served when it was missed( though gutted, but get use to missing pens) Ollie s tactics was to close Fulham down, and unsettle, hassle or foul cairney, the first bit worked well and got the goal out of it, we had a lot of the ball, but did nothing with it, never thought we would score a goal, I thought rangers was very organized, hard working, but also lacked a goal threat, I thought Ollie was very complementary of us, ref was awful, and yes cairney could of seen red, it was stupid, all in all draw was the right result, not a classic by any means

Rodney, kingdom hoop, terryb and 14 others like this.

11. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

A fair summary.

fulham traveller likes this.
  12. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Welcome back. You used to post on here a fair bit if I recall or am I mistaken?
    Fair comments. In truth I think most of us would have taken the draw before the game. Enjoyed the feisty atmosphere. We may have missed the dble over Fulham but 3 pen saves in one season is also pretty good! Good luck for rest of season.

13. fulham traveller

Yes not been on here for a while,
    Let my log in details and to lazy to chase it up,
    3 pen misses is probably better than the double, if we miss the play off by 3 points, I will blame the game at the cottage, it gives me nightmares, thanks for your reply and memories of the past,

QPR Oslo likes this.
  14. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I think that's fair except it was about as blatant a dive as you could hope to see IMO.

rangercol likes this.
  15. fulham traveller

Will agree to disagree, he cut across the defender, and they touched, not a pen, unless if it's at the bridge or at the emirates, not a dive, not a foull, just a collision, I.m.o

16. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

FT good to see you back on here again. :emoticon-0148-yes:
    Get 3 points on Tuesday because this Reading Fan (local) keeps giving me stick about QPR and telling me Reading are going up.

17. CroydonCaptainJack

CroydonCaptainJack Well-Known Member

Seems a reasonable review. I remember you from before mate.

18. fulham traveller

Reading are not going up, no chance, It's a massive game for us, hoping we win, every chance, as long as we don't get penalty s, predict a 2-2 draw, our defense is not all that

ELLERS likes this.
  19. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Fair enough. But two goals in 9 appearances (against the might Slovenia and Belarus) doesn't really qualify as 'banging them' in at international level. I do agree however he can't play as the modern lone striker and it's unfortunate we don't play the only formation which appears to suit his skills. Therefore either change the formation to enable him to score regularly or cut our losses and move him on. His performances to date however do not justify starting him at the expense of others who seem to pose more of a threat.

20. rangercol

Hardly a collision. Never enough contact to make him go down as they barely brushed each other.
    Blatant dive.
    Your coach should have been sent off too for shoving Hall while he was receiving treatment.

qpherts likes this.