1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR v Fulham

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Jan 20, 2017.

1. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

2. fulham traveller

fulham traveller Well-Known Member

I think our coach did over react, on the pen at the game I thought dive, yellow card, watching it back, I thought he got touched, I don't play football so I don't know if running at speed, and the slightest touch would make me go over, it was a accident probably, no pen, not seen our player dive in other game

3. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I saw him dive one other time in the same game.

rangercol likes this.
  4. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Staines R's and Uber_Hoop like this.
  5. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

I agree with him. Substituting him with Washington cost us 2 points imo.

6. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

TBH When Washington came on he did run around a bit however Cilla was being a nuisance even though he was having a bad game. We will never know what would have happened but we know when Washington came on they scored.

7. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

A quick verdict of mine on the Fulham game.

I actually felt we deserved the 3 points. We had a gameplan (even though it wasn't very pretty) and we had several chances and could have put more away.

Fulham, on the other hand, had plenty of possession but had few genuine chances and barely broke us down. Their goal was a bit lucky. Our goal was from good pressure and we broke down their defense several times with some decent counter attacks. So, it terms of doing what was planned, I'd say we did better. But, of course, within the rules of the game it was 1-1 and that's how it should be a guess. So, I'd say things look quite positive with how the game went.

I do think that there was a problem with the tactics, though: Ollie has told Hall to make the back line into a five at the back line every single time the opposite team have possession. This included when they were passing it around the back or when the goal keeper had possession. I don't think Hall's role should be that limited. He should have been allowed to do his work in the midfield perhaps until they started getting closer to our box or when they breached our half at least. This allowed them to dominate the midfield even at times when we could have prevented it. Anyway, I can't argue with 10 points in 4.

8. Ranger74

Ranger74 Well-Known Member

fulham traveller likes this.
  9. fulham traveller

That's very nice of you to say that, respect

Ranger74 and Tramore Ranger like this.
  10. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

A very valid point you make here awjm. A bit more flexibility in this role can go a long way.

awjm and Tramore Ranger like this.

11. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Both clubs have been charged with failing to control players and officials. On the offy.

12. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/qpr-fulham-fa-charge-loftus-road-3535415.aspx
    QPR charged following 1-1 draw against Fulham on Saturday …

QUEENS Park Rangers and Fulham have both been charged with two breaches of FA Rule E20(a) following Saturday’s 1-1 draw at Loftus Road.

It is alleged that in or around the 91st minute of the fixture, the clubs failed to ensure their players and/or officials conducted themselves in an orderly fashion. It is further alleged that in or around the 94th minute, they failed to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion.

In addition, QPR coach Marc Bircham and Fulham member of staff Marco Cesarini have also been charged in relation to the same game.

It is alleged their behaviour in or around the 90th minute amounted to improper conduct.

All parties have until 6.00pm on January 26th 2017 to respond to the charges.

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/2...-loftus-road-3535415.aspx#gxPT67kRLUOLul6c.99

finglasqpr likes this.
  13. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

14. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No doubt we'll be fined the larger amount as we have previous in this respect.......was it last season we were fined £15k for a similar offence? can't remember who against......

Also surprised that Holloway hasn't been charged with anything yet over his post game comments about the ref....but give it time I suppose.......

fulham traveller likes this.
  15. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

Playing the devils advocate, and I might be wrong here but wasn't Hall being treated in the technical area of the opposing team ? Not advocating the shove on our treated player but I can understand the frustration of the Fulham manager if that was so.
    Though it also should be noted, he seemed more than happy to stray out of his technical area on numerous times throughout the game so I can't feel too much sympathy for him.

16. fulham traveller

Yes hall was in opposing team technical area, that was jokanovic was pointing out, stil no need to handle rangers player, a storm in a tea cup, I have written to the fan and requested for bircham to get sent back to millwall, and Fulham awarded the 3. Points, I will let you know there reply lol

Tramore Ranger and Staines R's like this.
  17. Ranger74

Ranger74 Well-Known Member

Forums often descend in to chaos between fans so always a pleasant change when you get a balanced response. Never going to see eye to eye fully but reasoned debate is good. Nice to see you posting again

18. fulham traveller

I blame the ref, he never got control of the game, both sides got frustrated and it boiled over,

19. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

FT, respect where it's due bruv. Will not be forgotten that you took the time and effort to turn up at Brix's wake before one of our games at the Crown & Sceptre, if my memory serves me right.
    As most have already said, good to see you posting on here again.

20. Bush Rhino

Bush Rhino Well-Known Member