1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR v Forest

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Apr 28, 2017.

1. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Couldn't you go and support Reading next year? You are certainly consistent but ffs can't we celebrate tonight at least without someone calling for the manager to be sacked.

2. YorkshireHoopster

Three questions for you but take your time and sober up first. I thought you loved the BFG? Were you always such a footballing snob? If so how come you've stuck with the Rs for all but 3 seasons out of the last 21?

3. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Yes I am sober.
    I do love the BFG, but that doesn't mean he was very good. On today's evidence Smith is very poor indeed.
    Define what a 'footballing' snob is. I like watching football where players pass quickly and accurately to each other and play with skill, passion and a plan. Didn't see any of that from either team today (though to be fair they did all try, unlike some previous Rs players). I'm glad we stayed up, League One can't be any better than the Championship
    Don't get the 3 out of 21 comment.
    Now two questions for you. How much of this game did you actually see and how many people does it take to get you down from your high, self righteous, humourless horse?

rangercol and 1982_Ranger like this.
  4. YorkshireHoopster

Boy you are pissed. I saw none of it. It's far more enjoyable to watch the reactions on here from week to week after the result. Don't understand the second question. 3 out of 21 is actually obvious. 21 years since we graced the top flight season after season playing good football since when we've been in the Championship or lower playing the football you hate except for 3 seasons when you could at least watch good teams teach us a few things we'd forgotten.

5. TheBigDipper

TheBigDipper Well-Known Member

Pleased we won, and it was deserved but not pretty or particularly glamorous football much of the time. Forest were fairly toothless, but we still needed some instinctive saves from the Player of the Year to keep a clean sheet. I hope he stays but fear he'll go. We do have a decent enough backup, but he'll need a better organised defence in front of him.

I don't think Olly is the best manager in the world, but he can only play the people he's got. The tinkering of the past few weeks has delivered nothing in terms of points. Hopefully it has helped for next year. The club needs to support him. The last thing we need now is a replacement and the wasted time it will take to bring them and their new signings up to speed in a new season.

Looking forward to next year even though this one hasn't quite finished.

qpr1976, mapleranger, Kilburn and 2 others like this.
  6. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

I thought there would be euphoria and celebrations on this thread, and I am very surprised to see these polemics.

I am very pleased and relieved with the result, and hope that we follow it up with an away win at Norwich.

I am looking forward to seeing what Ollie with do with the squad over the summer and expect changes. Let's hope for a better and more consistent new season.

Enjoy the weekend and COYR's!

7. YorkshireHoopster

Me too. You'd think we'd died because we didn't entertain, we only won.

qpr1976 and QPRski like this.
  8. oldtimeranger

oldtimeranger Member

You've missed my point but never mind

rangercol and sb_73 like this.
  9. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Terrible mistake by a Forest defender for our first goal, many thanks. Washington took the chance well when he really needed to. For folks overseas the highlights are on QPR Vietnam FB page now.

mapleranger and kiwiqpr like this.
  10. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

I'm delighted we've stayed up but it has to be said that the style and quality of the football we are 'subjected' to is appalling. I have been to six home matches this season and have decided to give it a break until we start playing something a little more like football. The euphoria of our opening win over Leeds evaporated so quickly and that was the one worthwhile performance I've seen this season. As I mentioned elsewhere I'd rather pay a few quid to watch non-league where there is a totally different atmosphere...

sb_73 likes this.

11. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Just saying have been more entertained with our losses to Brighton and Huddersfield than I was drawing and losing under JFH....yesterday was essentially a win at all costs match and Ollie selected his most trusted team...and got the result....
    Next season.....we should really develop the team...He should be aim to be there or thereabouts....we should expect no more.....if it kicks on from there Ollie will be a miracle worker... If he forms a very solid team, I will be happy.

We fans really must control our expectations...we must build this time....solidly and permanently.

12. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

The first half reminded me what we just missed for next season - League One football, probably bottom half. The bloke next to me was playing chess on his iphone. Forest were the worst team I've seen at LR this season.

At half time, Holloway must have shown the team their projected salary slips if we go down. They were a different team for a while, though I was waiting for Perch to give a penalty or two away in the last 20 minutes.

We've struggled for the most part under Holloway. More ridiculous team rotating and another string of defeats like we've just suffered, at the start of next season, and he'll lose me completely.

Perch should go. I think we can do better than Luongo too. I'd like to see Lua Lua used at his most effective. Good to see Pavel playing yesterday. Good ball in by Manning for the second goal.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    rangercol likes this.
  13. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Don't do Facebook
    Do you need to be a member

Or better still
    Can someone put the video up

mapleranger likes this.
  14. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

I'm afraid we will have to put up with quite a few players who just aren't good enough as I don't see a mass clear-out that is really necessary due to the cost of replacements. If our scouting system was effective we'd have a number of good League One players in our sights as well as looking at reliable defenders with Championship experience. Somehow I think we'll end up with a few signings that really will be nothing more than mid-table quality at best, when you shop in Poundland you can only expect dross...

15. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Sorry Yorkshire but I am QPR all my life like my Dad was and family are. I don't need someone who puts 'Yorkshire' in his name to tell me who I should support. Maybe you should support Leeds?
    I also have the right as a long term season ticket holder and fan to be able to make an educated response to what I saw yesterday.
    If you think that was good football then you should go and watch swimming or something. Since Hollow has been here he lost 6 on the bounce then undefeated in 5/6 games then lost another six on the bounce. Agree we needed that result but the football is still dire. I won't sit like 'larry the lamb' and not complain if the product is bad.
    We should never have been in this position. It's down to Hollow and his poor management skills.

NigsyHoops likes this.
  16. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Sadly we have Holloway die hards who are still living in 2000. Speaking to many fans yesterday and basically all said the same thing.

On another note, a big shout out to Tooting, Finglas, Irish R's, Staines, Mouse, and the 'Bracknell boys' who we met in the C&S before the game. :emoticon-0148-yes:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    TootingExcess likes this.
  17. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

The goal was to get points and it was achieved. I am very pleased.

Of course we have many opportunities for improvement . :)

18. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

Well said Beth!

19. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

20. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

I don''t think a mass clear-out would be helpful. But shifting 4 or 5 on (including the oldies) and trying to bring in some quality is the best we can expect, and might take us to the top half of the table. Sadly, though, your prediction looks right