1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Project Failure!

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Hub, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

What is this project that SL keeps going on about? To lose as many games as possible?

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I really cannot understand why he insists on keeping this loser, he is a continual embarrassment to our club, my grandson has stopped wearing his football shirt until Johnson has gone, he is ashamed of what he is seeing, stick that one in Lansdown's pipe and tell him how wonderful that makes me feel..

Redprintt likes this.
  3. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Wiz, my son has forbidden me to take my grandson to AG.
    I've promised him and my daughter that I won't subject my grandson to the pain I inflicted on them 25 years ago.

smhbcfc and wizered like this.
  4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

It's really affecting and polluting the thought of supporting our team, I, like you indoctrinated my son and in turn grandsons into Bristol City FC supporters, I kid you not they are suffering from the anti Johnson failure effect, this man is toxic, get him and his waffle out, I know there is far more serious things going on in this world but football is in another world and I am really losing interest, fast..

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    Redprintt likes this.
  5. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

LJ was toxic as a player, it's just carried on now as manger.
    Saying he's not toxic is just denying the obvious.
    Certain fans derided the 400 signatures, fair enough, but they can't ignore the thousands who chanted 'we want Johnson out' against Fulham.
    The Burton game could be horrible.

6. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I want Johnson gone, but its SL that I am angry with, more than LJ.
    SL is responsible for appointing him in the first place - and continuing with him now when it clearly isn't working.

Redprintt likes this.
  7. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

Eventually this situation will be sorted out, albeit likely too late to stop the drop. The line of new potential managers will be huge. This opportunity is too good to pass up.....just think about it - job security for complete and utter failure is one of the most attractive propositions a footy manager could ever wish for.

I respect Lansdown's loyalty to a point but beyond that point appears to be just sheer stupidity.

8. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

I've said it before mate, you sometimes make a good point and then ruin it with nonsense. I'm coming around to your view of him as a manager, I think everybody is. But toxic as a player ffs?

Not being good is not the same as being 'toxic', of which LJ never, ever was. You might think he was crap, but he was never anything but professional. Let's save it for the Diouf's of this world yeah?

And LJ's treatment was horrendous as a player, completely out of order.

9. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Sorry RP but Toxic is not the right word

10. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Let's be fair he was treated disgustingly but then he should have had the foresight to know that it was coming because his dad was manager which finally led him to leave Ashton Gate. He was an average player at best but I believe his heart was in the right place so what on earth made him decide to return as our manager is beyond my comprehension. The dynamics stood very little chance of success even with our reasonable start to the season and the rest, as they say, is history but to say he was toxic is somewhat out of order, however the atmosphere is starting to become very noxious with very little, if any, fresh air coming our way.

11. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Toxic is the correct word, even Stockhausen used in his latest article about Johnson.

' Make no mistake, beating Burton is far from straightforward, especially given the toxic atmosphere that provided such a pressurised backdrop to last week's 2-0 home defeat to Fulham.'

12. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

"TOXIC" - that sums up our club at the moment. And whoever the owner is, it's still the fans' club and it's being run like a complete sh1t show right now. It's an utter disgrace.

13. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

The fans will be here long after His Smugness is gone. That's the only thing I have to cling to at present !

14. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

Not the way RP used it, he said LJ was toxic as a player and that was what they were referring to

15. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Stockhausen stated that a toxic atmosphere was present with no referral to Lee. However?

16. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

17. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

"Toxic Atmosphere" rather than LJ being Toxic

He is a man who is trying his best

Absolutely get that people think he is failing - absolutely get that people want a change of Manager

But he is only a football manager and not the devil incarnate!!!

Supcon72 likes this.
  18. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

he is quoting the crowd response in negativity toward LJ he is not calling LJ toxic...that's more than he as an amateur reporter dare do ...litigation etc!

19. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I stand corrected on that one then, he was never that good as a player but I never seen him cause problems, he is, in my mind very toxic as a coach for all the waffle, there is a lot of problems in the dressing room, fellow coaches have had to take on additional workloads because he can't cope, he admits to making tactical errors, he has the record defeat rate of any City manager as well as no away wins in 5 months, with his record of failure any normal person would have walked but he is hanging on for personal rewards with no regard for our team or club, the fans are split down the middle about him causing unnecessary disagreements and we are heading for relegation.

The man is TOXIC..

20. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I said the article was about Johnson, he said the atmostsphere was toxic, I can't see the problem..