1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Price of promotion

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by DUNDEE BLUE, May 13, 2011.

1. DUNDEE BLUE

DUNDEE BLUE Member

I should think jewell has a figure in his head regarding how much he would pay for bs and jc and the 2.6 mil is just an initial bid to test the waters and get the ball rolling . We shall see over the next few days . Still think goodwillie of dundee utd is still worth a cheeky little bid .

2. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

I think you're right Dundee Blue. Of course their Chairman was always going to dismiss this bid for their best 2 players out of hand. I don't think we should go beyond 3.5M and tbh I would rather we just went for Sharp with a bid of around £3m. As you say we shall wait and see what happens and who blinks first!

3. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Is he really worth 3mil. I don't think so. Yakubu will probably go to Leicester for about the same amount, think about that.

4. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

The Yak is not getting any younger and we DONT want premiership has beens looking for a pay packet. We want young hungry players who want to play for a club that will match their ambitions. I like the look of Sharp and he looks a great prospect 1 in 3 goal getter can only get better once we improve the middle of the park.

5. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

True JWM but he's also not past it yet is he. Van Nistlerooy wants back in the prem and bet he still fetches a good fee. My point is when you look at what some strikers cost it makes you think what you are getting for your money. Some prem strikers are brought in for this kind of fee. The likes of Odemwingie didn't even cost that I don't think.

6. DUNDEE BLUE

DUNDEE BLUE Member

I would agree with that . Not too fussed about coppinger

7. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Somebody made a list of what the top strikers in the championship cost on 606 and none of them were above 2mil. It just proves that you don't need to throw money at the problem to solve it. Most strikers will be successful if you have a good midfield