1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Premiership?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, May 17, 2017.

?

Will we make the Prem in the next 10 years?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I'm 50 now and was a kid when we were last in the top flight.
    Sometimes I wonder if I will live to see it happen.
    What do you guys think? SL claims he wants it and the boards have been in meltdown over LJ, but with or without him (LJ) - does anyone think we will make the Prem in the next 10 years?

After all, we are only one division and a season away from the promised land!!!!!

2. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

In the next 10 years... I'd like to think so and not only that I'd like to think we would be an established prem side like a Stoke/Swansea/West Brom type.

Might be just me but I can see it happening within the next 5 years. Hoping next season we're solid and can stay in and around the top 10 all season, then hopefully we can have a right go at promotion. Can't see us ever getting autos so it will have to be promotion via the play offs. Best way to go up.

3. bcfcredandwhite

That depends Shiny - to end up in the playoffs in 2008 after being top 2 all season felt like the writing was on the wall.

Hull were never in the top 2 and must have felt like Christmas had come.

4. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Not on the current stats,will that change only one man can make it happen,the man that owns everything Bristol City.
    Steve L the stadium is great,just need a team to fill it every home game.
    It is there,it just needs uncorking.

5. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Under the current regime and policies, there's no chance in 100 years let alone 10.

6. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

SL's gonna need to spend the money, but I believe we will get there in the next 5 years!!

7. bcfcredandwhite

Whatever anyone's feelings are about the current regime it is unlikely to still be in place for 10 years (unless LJ miraculously becomes the next SAF and leads us to unimaginable glory - in which case I would love him by the way!!).

8. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

9. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  10. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

There is some, they are out there ROD but everyone to their own..

Last edited: May 18, 2017

11. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

You are probably aiming the LJ Luvie towards me......and my care towards that would be ZERO!!
    I just don't have the hate that some have, many because of who he is, which in my book is pathetic!
    I personally don't think he's doing a bad job...He's young, bright, has a footballing brain and is willing to change things when things aren't going well ..
    plus, there's no one out there that screams to me instant success...So i'm happy clapping!!

Supcon72 likes this.
  12. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

lost luckily for the human race there is a vast number of different ego's , life would be so so boring if there wasn't...........
    you have the carers the don't cares and the sheep
    you have the visionaries prepared to let things run and the short sighted I want it my way, I want it now and the sheep
    you have the patient and the impatient and the sheep
    you have the "I stand to be corrected" and the " I am never wrong [ers}" and of course the sheep
    Myself, well, I care and look at the bigger picture, I have been praised for my patience and I will accept to be corrected should the" argument/fact" go against me, as for sheep I follow my own path the closest I come to sheep is in the nw highlands of Scotland where this year I found a lost lamb (in a snow storm, shepherd had loads of other sheep to attend to as they were lambing and 20 mins was all he could spare to look) and rescued 2 lambs that had gotten on to the main road, following the sound of bleating sheep in other fields and returned them to their own enclosure....
    the Bristol city fan base... well it has a few of the first mentioned a lot of the first mentioned opposites and a massive flock of the latter baaaaaa.

next season and the seasons to follow
    Lee in charge, Wilbs assisting in some other role besides playing and the existing coaching staff to start the ball rolling. At what point do I think we should have concern? well depends on who we buy/get rid of, who we play in the first 12 games and how many points we have out of 36! 14 would be a good number! REPLACING Lee, well I think if we have less than 27 points after 23 games I would likely start to consider what path to take... but it wouldn't be on whether we had just lost x on the trot or drawn 8 of our last 12 etc

13. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

I have voted No and hope I'm wrong. The Championsip is possibly the toughest league in world football to get out of (upwardly that is). The ever increasing money avilable to Premiership clubs means that the clubs relegated have so much money at their disposal that it's hard to compete.

Many on here are crying over how much LJ spent, yet that's samll fry in fees and wages compared to the big boys in this division - there are a few exceptions as there always are but you wont get promoted to the Prem, or last long in it if you don't spend big, and I mean big, far bigger than some of ours fans on here consider big.

Next season will be tough regardless of who's at the helm, there are a lot of good, big, well supported teams next season and tbh I don't think there will be much splitting the bottom 14 teams next season.

For those that think LJ was big spending at an alleged £12 Mill this season on about 10 players when many clubs spent that on 1-3 players need a wake up call for next season, or there will be even more LJ dummy spits than this season!!

Last edited: May 20, 2017