1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Premiership Roundup

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Leo, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Do we have a thread to discuss other Premiership teams? Can't find one.

At the start of the season I suspected Leicester, despite new signings, did not have the strength of squad for a Champions League campaign as well as maintain a decent position in the league - they are also still in the FA Cup.

They have been well beaten by a side that had lost its previous four league games. They are now just 5 points above the relegation places.
    I always thought that last year they were very lucky and had everything going for them - this year they have returned to the sort of position they were in a couple of years ago.
    What chance do you think they have of being the first reigning Champions to be relegated?

2. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Palace really struggling.. Even with Allardyce.. ( apologies for brief posting I am en transit at Prezzo's in King's cross.. (great red sauvignon ;-))

3. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

The greatest enigma this season is Liverpool. Under Klopp they are perfectly capable of winning against all the other top teams and losing against the bottom ones. I thoroughly dislike Chelsea, but Conte is proving himself the best premiership manager - still can't understand how someone can move from Italian national team manager to Chelsea and think it's a step up <doh> Not talking about those at the bottom, they don't interest us - we should be looking upwards <cheers>

4. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

Looking at their remaining fixtures, I can only see them getting around 13 of the possible 48 points - not that I'm any great shakes at tipping results. That would leave them on 34 points, well below the magic 40. But having said that, this year's EPL looks decidedly poor & I reckon the current bottom three (Palace, Hull and Sunderland) will be the ones to drop - so, no they won't be the the first reigning champs to be relegated.

5. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I like your optimism
    Really ? I have not tried looking at remaining fixtures but that sounds encouraging. Even i f we can only limp forward at a point a game that gets us to 40. I do wish we could suddenly hit a couple of unlikely wins. Arsenal scraped home against Hull - must mean they are there for the taking <cheers>

6. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

Looking at our remaining fixtures, I can see around 15/16 points for us - so am looking for a couple of unlikely draws...

7. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

If your predictions are correct - and if we get those points all along the way then I hope we can hang on to Walter for the rest of the season. Changing manager is disruptive and if we were able to turn the corner - get players back from injury- strengthen the squad slightly then we could try the unexpected - and not start next year with a new manager

8. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Moreover, a first season in charge will only help him with the demands of the Prem next season, albeit, IF we stay up...

9. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Chelsea's title to lose now really.

Even today they weren't great but never looked like giving a goal away which is the difference between them and anyone else.

I just cannot how badly Leicester are doing - sure no-one expected them to be top again but I thought they might be in West Brom's position.

The defence is a shamble - I know last season the claim was Morgan and Huth were very physical so have refs picked up on that.

BTW I notice Arsene Wenger saw something - and got himself sent off for it!

andytoprankin likes this.