1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Premier League Relegation

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Beardsley's Stylist, Feb 7, 2017.

?

Who will get relegated this year

1. Middlesbrough

13 vote(s)
    43.3%
  2. Leicester

9 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. Swansea

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. Hull

16 vote(s)
    53.3%
  5. Crystal Palace

26 vote(s)
    86.7%
  6. Sunderland

18 vote(s)
    60.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

Be back to 5/1 again when Southampton beat them on Sat, thing about Sunderland is they never seem to kick on after a good result and a win is inevitably followed them getting mangled by an average team.

Plus other times they've been flirting with relegation all season then picked up, this season they've just been rock bottom pretty much the whole team, Saturday will be something of a make or break, but I feel their time is up.

Swansea and Hull both look a good bet to stay up now.

Leicester look knackered, maybe cos of all the Champ league games, but they've got a big task on. Boro have spirit but are lacking in quality.

Palace pretty much nailed on, Sunderland highly likely, and one of Boro or Leicester.

2. Charlie Dogscock

And how right I was! Hull and Swansea look like they might be able to string some form together, Sunderland totally don't, every incredibly rare moment of hope is followed by a deluge of dogshit to two reinforce just how bad they are.

Can't see them having any upturn or dogfight now, this is a pretty weak Premiership, but they still look vastly inferior to the other teams.

3. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Sadly I think they could well be the problem to my bets. They can't back up. When they lose, it's a demoralising loss.

4. Charlie Dogscock

Very tough next 3 games for them too - away at Everton, at home to Man City then away at Boro.

This was the point they kicked on last season, but this season Jan investment has been minimal, most key players are injured and Moyes hardly looks like an influential figurehead.

As Wigan proved, if you keep playing with fire you'll eventually get burned. Can't see this one having a happy ending.

5. Fork Handles

Fork Handles Well-Known Member

I don't know about that - have a look at the Warm Glow thread

6. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I was gonna say, I reckon I'll be really happy

7. Charlie Dogscock

Well on current evidence, Sunderland, Palace and Leicester are the clear choices, watching Swansea vs Leicester and Swansea are ripping them apart, Leicester are there for taking for any team atm.

8. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

My dream team triple whammy would be Leicester, Palace and Sunderland going down with us replacing the Mackems as winners of the Championship. Oh how sweet that would be.

I now think it is three from five...the current bottom five. Swansea are winning and will pull clear, I reckon. Boro are a concern, they have won the least games of all the teams in the premier league and have scored the fewest goals, comfortably at that. Their saving grace could be their defensive record which is the fifth best in the league. I can see Hull winning games as well, they have new blood and fresh hope. Leicester are in free fall, haven't scored a league goal this year and their fans are remembering what it is really like to be a Leicester fan.

Palace look as though they will get what they deserve in appointing a manager who not so long dreamt of winning the World Cup for England but found the lure of even more easy money too tempting. And finally, the Mackems. Surely this is their year, It's about time Lady Luck deserted them, no one hangs about at the bottom for this long without eventually succumbing to the drop. The brown stuff awaits.......

9. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

Leicester, Palace and the scruffs would be perfect. I like Boro, hope they stay up

Marra SAFC 77 likes this.