1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Premier League Relegation

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Beardsley's Stylist, Feb 7, 2017.

?

Who will get relegated this year

1. Middlesbrough

13 vote(s)
    43.3%
  2. Leicester

9 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. Swansea

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. Hull

16 vote(s)
    53.3%
  5. Crystal Palace

26 vote(s)
    86.7%
  6. Sunderland

18 vote(s)
    60.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Beardsley's Stylist

Beardsley's Stylist Well-Known Member

It's all hotting up in the relegation battle. Looks like it's 3 from 6.

So who do you think will go down?

2. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Hull, Boro and Palace for me.
    Mackems will escape... again....

3. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I've gone for Leicester, Palace and Middlesbrough. I'm not biased at all though with a £5 on at 250/1, plus £20 on a 5/1 for Sunderland's survival <laugh>

Imagine that though, £1350.00 profit.

The only shame would be the Mackems experiencing their annual achievement of survival and not the required humbling they so richly deserve. However that in itself is tinged with some humour.

4. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

I've gone for Leicester, Palace and Hull.

As with others I can see the Mackems experience of scraping through will help them again to be able tolook forward to scraping through next season.

Would still get great consolation if Fat Sam manages to take Palace down and see the myth about him always "saving" teams be exploded.

magpie290761 likes this.
  5. Toon_Man_Sam1

Toon_Man_Sam1 Well-Known Member

I think Hull & boro are the most likely to stay up, In Hull's last 6 games they have beaten and drew again man u, was unlucky not to beat Chelsea, beat Bournemouth and Liverpool, The new gaffer has signed a host of new players and got them believing and their confidence up. Hull also have a very good run of fixtures after Saturday playing Burnley, Leicester Swansea, Everton, west ham, Middlesbrough, Watford, soton, snderland & palace, call games where they could feasibly get points.

The mackems tails will be up, but one win doesn't change the habit of a life time, they will be spanked on Sat against soton and normal service will resume.

Palace look like they have the hardest fixtures, still have to play the top 6, Man u, Man City, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea and arsenal as well as some better performing teams like wba & stoke, they don't get a clear run of games where you can say "yeah they might go on a run"

So my vote is Mackems, Palace and Leicester, Ranieri's men have lost every shred of confidence and are in complete freefall

Prince Isak (GG) likes this.
  6. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

Leicester, Palace and Hull - next couple of games could be interesting - Leicester play Swansea (a) then Hull (h) - if they won both I think they'll but fine, but otherwise they're in the bottom 3. If they do that, I don't think they'll get out

and Ranieri's just received a vote of confidence from their board - so that's him truly ****ed

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    Toon_Man_Sam1 likes this.
  7. Toon_Man_Sam1

Toon_Man_Sam1 Well-Known Member

Leicester to be the first relegated Champions of Europe!

8. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

Boro, Sunderland and palace

9. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

As long as Palace are one of 'em, I don't care. Desperately want to see them down, for a host of reasons, most of them Allardyce.

Think Leicester will be fine. Boro look in trouble, for me. And Moyes hasn't got a long record against relegation - they're a Defoe injury away from collapse.

Be a huge shame so hope I'm wrong, as I'd rather Hull, Boro and the Mackems all stayed up. But with the two new lads at Hull/Swansea and Leicester's squad (if he simply drops Morgan it'd be a good start), difficult to see the North East doing well. Shame for the region.

10. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

This for me.

11. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

One single result doesn't mean the mackems are suddenly gonna turn it around now, they've been dogshit all season, and any wins have always been followed by more dross rather than them turning things around.

- Sunderland cos they're crap, and like Wigan a few years ago and Sheff Utd in the 90s proved, if you flirt with relegation every season and just pin everything on a strong finish, it will catch you eventually.
    - Palace, if for nothing than just to disprove Lawros "Sam Allardyce guarantees premier league survival" catchphrase, absolutely horrendous team right now who need a miracle and I don't think it's gonna come.
    - Boro, shame for them cos they've fought hard and have a decent manager, but they're squad is clearly below Prem quality.

Think Hulls manager change will come good and they'll go on a decent run now and stay up, and Leicester will just about survive.

12. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

For me
    Hull - think they actually have the weakest squad in the league.
    Sunderland - again lacking in depth. Also dont think Everton A and Everton B should be allowed to compete in the same division
    Middlesborough - just dont score enough goals

Beardsley's Stylist likes this.
  13. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Hull look a totally different team since new manager has come in (maybe new manager bounce).

Beat United in cup (albeit lost on aggregate). Unlucky to lose to City. Drew against United away (and unlucky not to win). Deservedly beat us.

Remains to be seen how they do against those around us, but at the moment, they are the team with momentum.

I'd have a look at fixtures and see what teams have us to play... we're usually good for 3 points against a relegation candidate, already lost to team that's bottom twice in matter of weeks <doh>

I think it would be quite funny to see Leicester go down... harsh on the fans, although they have the title to remember for rest of their life 6 awesome run in CL so similar to Wigan winning FA Cup, would you trade that just for another year in Prem?

Normally look to see who has goals in their team and back them, but everyone down there bar maybe Hull & Boro have proven prem scorers so hard to pick. I'd probably say Boro plus 2 from Swansea, Hull & Sunderland. Sunderland are due a relegation after flirting for past god knows how long.

JakartaToon likes this.
  14. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Boro, Leicester and Sunderland.

Here in Hull we're very confident that we've turned things around, six new signings in the window and we look a completely different team. Since Silva came in we've won one and draw one against Man United, beaten Liverpool and Bournemouth and taken Chelsea close (losing only one game in the cup against Fulham), we've also got the easiest run-in.

Toon_Man_Sam1 and J. J. McClure like this.
  15. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

I've got a bad feeling for Leicester. They desperately need a win because they seem totally shot at the moment and of course as per a couple Of The clubs down there are starting to pick up a few points

16. jimileysbaldhead

jimileysbaldhead Well-Known Member

Sunderland, Hull and Leicester.

17. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

Just one of the achievements of an incredible County

Durham.JPG

18. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

But is that premier division or Premier League players?

Obi Wan likes this.
  19. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

Whichever offers the best answer - we all know facts are an interchangeable commodity where Frebore is concerned

20. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

Thanks to Donald Trump and Brexit campaigning, there are now phrases to describe this phenomenon: "fake news" and "post-truth".

We all just used to describe his posts as "utter bollocks".

Judge Death and Obi Wan like this.