1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Potentially Big Blunder by Hughes

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by RobespierreFFC, Jun 3, 2011.

1. GeraScores

GeraScores Well-Known Member

20,000 people can tell the difference between the two: Roy will get a cheer when he brings the Baggies back to The Cottage; while MH will get the bird when he come back with whoever he may be with.

I was always up for MH, not wanting him to go after the West Ham debacle, and remain p'd off about the manner of his going. But in the end, it will all blow over with no real harm done (save his reputation, not ours) to us - The fundamentals are in place at FFC, ready for Martin 1 or 2 (hopefully, one of these), if not Carlo.

2. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

I'm patiently waiting but wasting a lot of time on all sorts of websites to read so much speculation.

Whilst I was angry and disappointed to learn of Mark Hughes departure, I think now that it is probably a good thing. As we have said he was never really Fulham and it turned out in the end he was just a mercenary. For Fulham it is important that we come out better for all this and move further forward.

There are some great names being banded about as the future Fulham boss and if we act quickly I think we will do better than Hughes. I hope he goes to Villa - there's an almighty mess there. He can prove then if he's a manager.

Personally I still would like Martin O'Neill. To me he brings the dream of a Notts Forest of this new decade, but I'd be happy with Martin Joll or even Alex McLeish.

Can't wait to be put out of this waiting misery.

3. RobespierreFFC

Fulham COYW would you really be happy with Alex McLeish? I personally feel that it is important to get the ball down and play, something which is expected of any 'fulhamish' manager. Can't see mcleish doing this. Indeed, if he came and brought players like zigic with him then that would probably be close to the end of my time of going to craven cottage!

4. rocky57

rocky57 Member

"if he came and brought players like zigic with him then that would probably be close to the end of my time of going to craven cottage!"

What kind of support is that Robespierre? Many of us have had to endure far worse, including playing ay Loftus Road! Don't lose your head.

5. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

I still have nightmares about those years at Loftus Road. I fancy the trips to Norwich & Swansea, but I think I'll give the QPR game a miss...