1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Post and Leg It

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by luvgonzo, Jan 11, 2017.

1. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-joining-liverpool-took-lallana-12434349

Jurgen Klopp has praised Adam Lallana’s courage in moving away from the ‘comfort zone’ of Southampton, believing the move to Liverpool has changed his career for the better.
    please log in to view this image

“I don’t know, I’m not here long enough to know why Southampton fans react as they do but he is a boy from the region, that’s how it is,” Klopp said. “His friends and family all come from there, he comes from there and with his quality I can imagine everybody at Southampton thought he could be the player for the next 10-15 years to build a team around. That is how it is.
    “But actually I’m really happy he decided differently and wanted to see something else and wanted another challenge and experience. He has made outstanding, big steps from an already high level, that is not always expected, and you cannot be sure he would have done the same at Southampton.
    “Sometimes different circumstances help you with this. In the first year here, I’m not sure how long exactly because I wasn’t here, I heard that nobody was really happy about his performances and especially himself probably, from what I know of him.
    “So it’s clear he needed this kind of step back to make the next step in the right direction. He left the comfort zone, if you want.”
    Lallana had been with Southampton since he was 12 years old, and made his debut in August 2006.
    Regarded as a wide playmaker during his time there, his game has transformed under Klopp in a central midfield role.
    He is now crucial to both club and country, and his manager thinks – in time – those who used to watch him at St Mary’s will come to appreciate his talent.
    “That is a difficult decision for both sides but I would hope that at some point they can be proud again that a boy from their region is rated so highly in English football,” he added. “Probably one day when they sit at home and think back they will think it’s nice that he made this development.”
    Lallana is likely to be one of three former Saints players returning to their former club for the first leg, along with Lovren and Nathaniel Clyne.

2. garysfc

garysfc Well-Known Member

And ..... ?

3. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I was interested in your thoughts in regard to our managers comments.

4. garysfc

garysfc Well-Known Member

He's trying to be either cute or naive. Probably the later. Sorry but Lallana did too much wrong verbally & in press & will get stick for a long long time. On a more serious note, Klippity makes a few valid comments but gonna fall on a lot of deaf ears around here - well not here in Essex me thinks but you know what I mean! Let's hope for an entertaining game tonight. COYS.

luvgonzo likes this.
  5. Missing Lambo

Missing Lambo Well-Known Member

So the conclusion is that players need to "leave their comfort zone" to progress. I am aware that it might be blasphemous, but that argument was certainly levelled at Matt Le Tiss. But the circumstances were different. Similarly, I am sure that Saints fans enjoy being able to say "he was one of ours" when we watch Gareth Bale. But again, he left us when we were crap!

Lallana cooked his goose with Saints fans with the manner in which he left. I shan't be booing him tonight; I'll focus on supporting my team. But, as I told one of my Red friends recently, If Lallana scores a hat trick in the World Cup Final, discovers the ultimate cure for cancer and brings peace to the Middle East, he will still be a bit of twat in my eyes.

I believe, based on scant evidence it is true, that he was destined to be a great player and could have been that player at St Marys.

AshbySaint and Archers Road like this.
  6. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I'd like a clean sheet more than anything tonight, if we can come away 0-0 I'd think that we can do enough at home. Don't think it'sll be that simple though.

Klopps comments are a bit odd, he must know what happened so I wonder if it is mind games.

7. saintlyhero

saintlyhero Well-Known Member

We're as proud of Adam as you are of Raheem

8. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

I'll tell you mine then.

Klopp is clearly worried. He knows that the fans tonight will get behind our team and not be interested in the silly previous behaviour of our ex-players. We have new heroes and all Herr Klopp wants to do is get the crowd unsettled. Not happening. Tonight is about the Saints. We are already in the trenches. Be ready for a battle.

Now bugger off you WUM. Nice try though Luv... it ain't happening this time.

:)

Now let's close/ignore this thread. Ignore the Scousers. Ignore the ex-players.

Get behind the boys.

COME ON YOU SAINTS

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  9. Libby

Libby 9-0

He's from St Albans so not this region.

You're welcome Luv <ok>

10. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I think you're spot on here. Deffo mind games.

11. Libby

Libby 9-0

Luv ain't even a proper scouser, he's Welsh. That's even worse :bandit:

Sorry Helen <yikes>

luvgonzo likes this.
  12. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Close enough. <whistle>

I typed that then had a look on the map and it's nowhere near you. <laugh>

Libby likes this.
  13. saintsfcfan

saintsfcfan Well-Known Member

A player who kisses the badge every time he scores, signs a new five year deal and says he can only see himself at Southampton, to then go on strike to get a move, will never, ever, be treated with anything but boos around these parts. He can say he love so the club as much as he wants, but he took to piss out of the fans and rid himself of potential legendary status.

14. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Are all your fans from Southampton then?

15. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

He still gets abuse, in the last game he got loads every time he managed to crawl out of Milners pocket.

16. Clem Fandango

Clem Fandango Well-Known Member

I know a few fans of Oxford United Schoolboys and they're all very proud of Adam for leaving the comfort zone and joining Southampton. Apparently there's a few which are unhappy in the way he did it (he wrote an apology in crayon on the school playground wall), but most of them wish him luck in all he does.

17. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

Interestingly I would say 80% are. There lies our problem. Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool etc have global and national support so are deemed 'bigger' clubs (and are). One day we'll catch up, but i'm quite happy being underestimated as 'lil ole Southampton' ;)

AshbySaint and Lovearsenalcock like this.
  18. Libby

Libby 9-0

No, we do get some glory hunters from the likes of Winchester <whistle>

And Wales <laugh>

19. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

Lol don't forget me...from Bournemouth !!!!!!

Libby likes this.
  20. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Those bastards should all be supporting Newport County!

Funny story, I was in the away end with the WBA fans against Swansea last year the ****ing looks I was getting every time I spoke!! Funny as ****. WBA should win the award for ugliest fans right bunch of mutants. I even joined in with the sheep shaggers song at one point, really confused the lad next to me. <laugh>

Libby likes this.