1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Portsmouth

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

So we lost last night in the micky mouse cup and therefore we have been knocked out of this competition!

I dont care anyway as I think this competition is a joke this season. Im glad the high majority of our fan base decided to all stick together and boycotting these games, exactly like what most of the clubs fans have done.

Unfortunately 65 gasheads made the trip last night. Fair shout to them but come on gasheads, we are boycotting these games for a reason.

Anyway, regarding the game...

DC starting line up:
    Roos
    Leadbitter
    McChrystal
    Hartley
    Roberts
    Mansell
    Boateng
    Colkett
    Easter
    James
    Gaffney

After 2 minutes, DC showed his respect to this competition by subbing off Roos and put on Puddy.

After 6 minutes, Puddy received a back pass and has a very poor 1st touch and ended up taking down the Portsmouth player, giving away a penalty. But he redeemed himself by saving the penalty.

After 88 minutes, Portsmouth took a long distance shot which went straight to Puddy and somehow, Puddy fell backwards and let the ball go over or through him. It looks shocking. I could be harsh as the ball could be moving in the air but it looks very straight forward to me and Puddy messed up.

I know its Puddy 1st game in what seems like forever but.... it doesnt look good when that is happening!

Here is the highlights....

2. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Still disappointing though, you have to say.

3. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hope all the boycotters aren't watching the Prem on Saturday

4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Prem B teams potentially joining the football league is very different to Prem teams playing in the Prem on Saturdays. Therefore I will be watching MoTd :tongue::p;):emoticon-0172-mooni

<whistle>:bandit:

5. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I won't be thank you very much :p I would rather watch paint dry :D

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  6. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

Just watched the highlights - ironically it seemed quite q good game to watch. Not sorry we're out of this tournament but pleased that the lads appear to have done themselves justice last night.

7. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

I thought the idea of prem b teams joining the league had been dropped
    Luke James looked lively on the above clip, just think if the shot that hit the post had gone in we could won a penalty shootout and if Reading beat Yeovil we could have gone on to the knockout stage of the competition, hitting the post does have some advatages

8. old timer

If you thought our game was bad Chelsea and Oxford took 34 penalties before Chelsea won 13 - 12 and got to finish bottom of the group

9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

They say they have dropped it but they cannot be trusted. They also said that Prem B teams being in this competition is just a trial. Although the majority of the fans across the country have boycotted, im sure they will still say it was a success and continue the same next season.

10. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

From a Pompey fan's point of view, this was a competition we could well do without, hence our attendance last night of only 1,200, whereas we usually average 16,000 to 17,000 home attendances for league matches.

As in previous matches in this wonderful cup, we fielded mainly a reserve team, so risk a fine from the authorities.

I would imagine that Paul Cook will reprimand and fine Kal Naismith for scoring the goal in the 88th minute, for prolonging our continuance in this pointless competition :steam:

PS: That was a tremendous run and shot from Luke James in the match highlights !

11. old timer

Read yesterday that Pompey have been fined £5000 per match

12. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest !

13. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I noticed 8 of the 16 teams from the prem and championship actually qualified for the next round. I also noticed from the draw of the next round, 6 of these 8 remaining teams are facing each other, I doubt they will be pleased as the whole point of joining the competiton was to gain experience against competitve football league teams. They will wonder what the point is too. This has been a joke of a competition.

14. old timer

But CJS jokes are meant to be funny, not to go around upsetting people. It will be interesting to see if the powers to be actually take any notice of what the clubs and fans in particular are saying or whether they will bury their heads in the sand and pretend it will be better next year.

15. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Doubt very much they will though.

old timer likes this.