1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Poppies

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by BluefromBridgend, Dec 19, 2016.

1. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

This is so wrong!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38368144

How those corrupt idiots at FIFA can regard the wearing of poppies as political or religious totally defeats me. Do teams/countries get punished for remembering individuals who pass away? Will any club or country be penalised for holding a tribute to the recent Colombian air disaster?

I hope to home nations and ROI collectively tell FIFA where to stick their fines and then see what they do. It appears they have not yet even given a written basis for their decision.

I wore a poppy to the Wales/Serbia game. Why not, how could anyone stop me and the thousands of others who did the same?

2. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Why have they fined the Welsh FA. The players didn't wear poppies at the game. What right do FIFA have to stop members of the public wearing adornments? Did they say fans couldn't wear poppies? The Welsh FA accepted FIFAs directive for their players no to wear poppies, what's their beef.

There were placards behind one of the goals that when held up by the supporters created a huge poppy. How could the Welsh FA know they would have all picked them up at the same time? :angel:

3. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

for a corrupt organisation 2 launder money out the game, it makes perfect sense 2 fifa I gather.........after all do we ever see where this money goes once it gets paid in...

if people wanna show respect for past wars then so be it, for them that still show respect but refuse 2where a poppy then so be it, surely as free men we should be allowed this very basic freedom and not penalised......after all I see lots of religious symbolic gestures during thy mixed religion game we see today and I don't see them over paid pricks getting bum fkd for cash

4. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

What really f***ing narcs me off is the fact they say its religious. Even if it was religious (which it abso bloody lutely is not), Muslims, Sikhs, Hindu, Jewish, Buddhist, down to any religion made an impact in winning the war and were part of the winning side. ITS THEIR POPPY TOO FFS!!!

FIFA are an absolute joke, corrupt businessmen who only care about what matters most... Money.

DaiJones likes this.
  5. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

winning side?.........is there such a thing in war?...................other than that I totally agree with you jay.

what I want 2know is where the fk does this money go>>>>>>>anyone got a clue?