1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

PNE V Sheffield United

Discussion in 'Preston' started by theflyingplumber, Apr 15, 2011.

1. theflyingplumber

Can't believe how quickly Saturdays come around, must be an age related thing..<laugh>

Anyway back to the serious stuff "PNE V the Blades".
    Northenders (and Blades fans too) tomorrows game is according to Phil Brown the most important game of the season (so far) for PNE and the same can be said for the Blades also. Last throw of the dice for both clubs if they are to have any hope of staying in the Championship next season. This is a must win game for both clubs, we have been saying it for a while now, but now IS the time that PNE have to take all three points. They also have to hope that other relegation threatened teams come unstuck as well.

This game is all about winning and how it is acheived matters not one iota, due to the games importance for both clubs it promises to be a tasty and nerve racking affair.
    Both teams should be up for it with no quarter asked or given, I suspect that the Ref will a busy man keeping control of two team showing 100% commitment to the cause, I just hope he is up to the job and is aware of the importance to both clubs for this game.

So then Northenders (and all) can Northend continue their improved form and on this occasion rise to the occasion and take all three points instead of the one like they battled for at Donny. Home advantage, having nearly a fully fit squad to pick from should be enough to win this vital game. I believe it will and therefore expect PNE to win.
    They must capitalise on any goal scoring opportunities better than of late and defend as though their lives depended on it. The Blades support is far from convinced that they can take the spoils, or to be more precise the comments I have read would suggest that to be the case.

What are your thoughts/predictions on this war of the roses clash, give it your best shot and post on this thread.

:emoticon-0107-sweat

:smile:

2. TigerReece

TigerReece Member

should win this one lads and if S****horpe beat Palace that would leave you S****horpe on 40, preston on 39 and Palace on 43. You could be 4 points away with 4 games to go is it Possible?

Prediction Preston 2:0 Sheffield United
    Prediction Crystal Palace 1:2 Scunthorpe

<ok>

3. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

No prediction but a win is a must, anything else, sat nav to Yeovil

4. theflyingplumber

<laugh>.<laugh>..Like your humour Maclad.

5. theflyingplumber

:smile: Tiger...Oh!! how I hope to are right..:smile:

6. finneyfan

finneyfan Member

blood n guts ,thunder n lightning, muck n nettles, backs to the wall , passion n power, grit n determination.
    don't see it being a fancy game lol
    4-1 or 0-0
    hope it's the former

7. theflyingplumber

Hi Finneyfan..:emoticon-0107-sweat

I reckon Brown should use "blood n guts ,thunder n lightning, muck n nettles, backs to the wall , passion n power, grit n determination". For his pre match wind up..<laugh>

8. H-D

H-D Active Member

These were the sort of games Browny used to pull out of the bag when we were battling for survival. Really hope you lads stay in the Championship, I hold Phil Brown in the highest regard. I also hate Sheff Utd and Scunny though :wink:

PNE 3-1 Sheffield United

9. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

By the roast Batman did we get some luck today, their shooting was abysmal and how Riise miss from a gnat's dick away god only knows. A mighty big 3 points, Palace and Donny now getting sucked ito trouble. Donny Palace next week

10. theflyingplumber

Three point's as predicted, but not without incident and that bit of luck that all teams need. Probably out turn to have some, we have certainly had enough bad luck over the season. Escape is still alive and all this could go right to the wire before we know what division we will be playing in next season, still odds against us beating the drop but they are shortening..<ok>

:emoticon-0107-sweat

<laugh>

11. H-D

H-D Active Member

QUOTE=K-B city till I die;318871]These were the sort of games Browny used to pull out of the bag when we were battling for survival. Really hope you lads stay in the Championship, I hold Phil Brown in the highest regard. I also hate Sheff Utd and Scunny though :wink:

PNE 3-1 Sheffield United[/QUOTE]

not bad am I? <cool>

12. H-D

H-D Active Member

not bad am I? <cool>

13. lilywhite forever

Not bad at all KB...predictions for our last four matches please, it'll be a lot easier on the old ticker. Great result for you today, might well have done us a favour if things pan out :)

14. H-D

H-D Active Member

Donny have home games against Palace and Leicester to come, I would be very concerned if I was a Rovers fan. Nice to see we could give you a helping hand today :wink:

I'm convinced Browny is going to drag PNE of this one. Tough run in for you lads but if results go your way in the coming weeks, the great escape might well be on. These will keep you up:

Millwall 1-1 PNE
    PNE 2-1 Cardiff
    Ipswich 1-2 PNE
    PNE 1-0 Watford

Would be hilarious if I was right <laugh>

15. lilywhite forever

Well if your predictions come true and we stay up, then I'll be on my way to the KC next season and buy you a drink or two in your favourite pub! And you can keep me to that

16. dem_on

dem_on Member

There's no such thing as a "Free Drink"

17. newroader

newroader New Member

There will be for KB if those preds come true