1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pne v cardiff city

Discussion in 'Preston' started by theflyingplumber, Apr 24, 2011.

1. theflyingplumber

Northenders and all not606ers.

Easter Monday tomorrow and it's game on again PNE V Cardiff City at Deepdale.

Once again PNE have to face a team looking to cement their place in an automatic promotion position. Cardiff arguably dropped two vital points at home against QPR and will be looking to redeem themselves by taking all three points at Deepdale.

PNE have somehow to regain some semblance of confidence and belief following their devastating loss at Millwall. It was a shattering defeat no doubt about it and Phil Brown will have his work cut out in the very short time left available to muster some sort of positive response. At Millwall the rot seemed to set in when PNE lost their central defender shortly before half time and what closely ensued was letting in two quick goals in succession. The team seemed to collapse following this nightmare and the game was well and truly lost.

Cardiff were embroiled in a real promotion battle at home to QPR sharing the spoils at the end of 90minutes, will this have a detrimental effect on their game against PNE.
    I think not and expect Cardiff to make life difficult for the Whites. Both teams have to win and that is how they will approach the game so hopefully an exciting encounter is on the cards.

PNE have had some outstanding successes at Deepdale against Cardiff in the past, so you can't automatically write them off even allowing for their league position and yesterday's result at Millwall.
    Barring a miracle PNE now look doomed to life in Div 1 next season, but will want to give 100% while there is still a chance no matter how remote that chance might be.

I have to be honest here and go for a Cardiff win, I fear the manner of yesterday's fiasco at the new Den will have taken it's toll, so much so I can see no recovery in such a short period of time. I still have hope of course so prove me wrong PNE and cause an upset and major surprise.

What do other's think about this game and what the result might be, post your thoughts/predictions on this thread.

<ok>

2. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

Deepdale is a bit of a graveyard for Cardiff having let in nine, six and five in seasons past, tomorrow though could be different, we are now at the last chance Saloon the bar will be empty. It's win or bust tomorrow, but exactly what side we will put out remains to be seen. Down to two central defenders, one full back, not a lot left in the locker.
    They've not much of a side if you take Bellamy, Bothroyd, Chopra etc away after all they are only 3rd(Irony in the last bit)
    Suspect away win

3. theflyingplumber

Love your Irony Maclad. <laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

<ok>

:smile:

4. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Tough game today - good luck

5. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

Wasn't wrong