1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Plymouth V Liverpool FA cup 3rd round replay

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by moreinjuredthanowen, Jan 13, 2017.

?

what will occur?

Poll closed Jan 18, 2017.
  1. Liverpool Win

75.0%
  2. Liverpool AET

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Liverpool on Pens

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Plymouth win

12.5%
  5. Plymouth AET

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Plymouth on Pens

12.5%
  1. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

<laugh><ok>

#dirtydiego

2. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

It's been a pleasure doing business with you, la <ok>

Good luck on the promotion front.

jenners04 likes this.
  3. saintKlopp

Maybe if he changed his name to sensiblediego it might improve his input?

4. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

<laugh>

if someone gave him directions to the ManU board it would help as his sat nav is obviously malfunctioning and he just can't find his way home .

5. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

6. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Well done over the two games against us. Hope fully you go on and lift the cups.. We were not battered as most thought we would be and we held our own over two games, even tho the first one was not to pretty or adventurous. Once you scored we had to start to come out and play a bit, we had a couple chances. But overall you deserved the win.. We hope you enjoyed your trip to Devon and hopefully we will meet again in the future. Good luck..

7. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

not the greatest spectacle either game but great occasion for you lads & presumably a very welcome boost to your coffers. You can certainly take credit in the fact that there never appeared a 3 division gap between the 2 teams.
    All the best on your promotion push and your posters here have been great <applause> it's made a nice change from the wums

8. moreinjuredthanowen

When you came out and played you looked a lot better. Hopefully youve not got any bad injuries and can get that promotion this year.

9. Lucaaas

As much as I like the Plymouth fans who've visited the board I don't fancy seeing a keeper like McCormick and a striker like Goodwillie getting promotion. I know he has served his time and that he's only one person compared to the thousands of supporters of Plymouth but I can only imagine how devastating it would be for the families to see McCormick celebrating and joyously lifting a trophy up at Wembley as if nothing had happened.

10. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

You guys actually passed t around quite well, and mixed it up by going long to big guy up top to good effect. Biggest compliment is probably that you were very organised at the back. We didn't create masses but over 180 mins you got behind the ball and were disciplined to keep a shape.

Nice to have some sensible fans on here as well, we've been spoilt last few games having you guys come over after having to put up with the regular manga and blues who know bugger all <whistle>

11. Lucaaas

Dirty bastard having Manga coming up as an auto correct #pervert

12. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

To be fair the actual word is worse... #mancs

jenners04 and Lucaaas like this.
  13. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Just looked at how long he got for it. 7 years for killing 2 children while being over the limit. Terrible really. If you're over the limit and get in a car should be down as murder rather than anything else.

According to wiki hes made captain as well... some example to be setting!

14. Lucaaas

He was out in under 4 years. Absolutely disgusting that he got such a pitiful sentence.

15. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Can I just remind you that one of your players was arrested for drink driving a couple of weeks back. There but for the grace of god go anyone who gets behind a wheel after drinking. Your player could just as easily have been McCormick and despite the many stories like his nobody seems to learn. There are many people who have succeeded in life following the death of other people. He happens to be a footballer which is his profession. If he was a plumber and was voted plumber of the year and got a trophy nobody would even know his past. Goodwillie was not with Argyle when his deed was done so that has nothing to do with the club now. On the outcome of the trial or whatever you would call a civil case the club have said he is more or less suspended and they will wait to review the ruling. He is an employee and they cannot just throw him out of the club without due cause. Your club might but we don't have Murdock's billions. The last thing you want is for somebody guilty of something being compensated for wrongful dismisssal and the club essentially paying his fines. I know McCormick is the sorryest man on this planet. He was a young man who did something stupid and he lives with it every day.

Hands up posters on this board who have ever driven and texted or answered a mobile at the same time. Hands up those who have ever driven having had a few over the top but not got caught because they have been lucky. What's that famous saying I've heard? "Let those without sin cast the first stone". It's dead easy to be judgemental when you haven't been caught.

16. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

You prob weren't on our board at the time Firm did it but no one here defended him, pretty much everyone condemned it.

I think it's just the length of the sentence he got that's shocking. Killed 2 people and got 4 years before being allowed to resume a career in a peiveleged position. It's a tricky one as people say yes he's done his time should be allowed to continue with his life... but If Dave the plumber had done it, would he be able to get a job as easily again?

Would you hire someone that was convicted for killing 2 children?

17. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Look, nobody in Plymouth thinks that he did the right thing. When he came out he didn't come back to us right away either. He went to Oxford. Before the incident he was a real prospect. If he hadn't gone to prison there is no doubt in my mind he would be playing the premiership now. Argyle offered him the chance of a job back in the club he sort of grew up with. He took it. The fans argued long into the night about the rights and wrongs of it I can promise you. The thing about the English legal system is that it is the judge at the time of the trial who decides what a sentence should be. McCormick never ever tried to wriggle out of anything. He pleaded guilty without question and more importantly showed true and proper remorse for what he did. Believe me when I say the man would probably give his own life if he could turn the clock back and choose. The Court obviously took that into account. As for the release, that again is a matter for the system rather than the convicted. Nobdoy is going to say don't release me if the system is going to let them out are they. If a person is released then if you think rehabilitation is the way to go for any criminal then you must allow them to pursue a career and earn a living otherwise loads of people would have to be kept by the state and not allowed to work at all. He happens to be a footballer and probably doesn't know anything else. I use the plumber example becaue if he was one of those people would probably not even know of his past so would I hire him......yes because I wouldn't know any different anyway. He is in the spotlight in football so people do know his past is the difference.

I repeat what I said in my post above. No doubt there are many who condemned your player as there are who condemned McCormick here in plymouth. There are no doubt many who have driven when over the limit in your City as there are in mine. There are many who text and answer mobiles also. The only reason they haven't had the same outcome as him is they were lucky. He knows he did wrong. He admited it without reservation. He did his time and keeps a low profile as much as a footballer can. He does a lot in his private life to try to make amends even though he doesn't think he ever can. He is a very genuine bloke with a conscience who will live with this for the rest of his life. No appologies from me for that but I have to give some credit where it's due in his case. He isn't an arrogant **** who doesn't care though.

18. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

He served his time and deserves the chance to get on with his life. People should have an issue with the justice system, not the individual.

19. Lucaaas

It wasn't the justice system that killed 2 children, though.

And as for the he feels guilty thing, the parents had a perfect response:

"In court his barrister spoke of the effect this case has had on Luke. We find this offensive. He will restart his life when he is still a young man. Our sons will never experience the things Luke has had. Phil will carry the scars of the incident for life. We will both carry the emotional scars forever."

Zingy likes this.
  20. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

He was found guilty and served the time the justice system gave him. What more do you want him to do...?

You think he should have served more time (agreed btw), therefore you have an issue with the justice system.