1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Players on the "Out"

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Hmm, nice and not-so-sweet statement from the Club for our naughty and homesick boy:

"Fulham Football Club can confirm that Tiago Casasola’s contract has been terminated by mutual consent.

The Club wish Tiago all the best for his future career."

2. Cottager58

He's been signed by Roma and immediately loaned out to Serie B side Como.

please log in to view this image

3. Cottager58

4. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

I think that there will be more clubs and bigger offers before the window closes.
    The question must be asked, would Fulham take an offer in excess of 11m
    and is Gayle already in the frame.
    Whatever, KS certainly wants to make it his team.

5. Cottager58

Interesting though that Kit still has the defenders signed by Felix on the books - Bodurov, Voser and Hutchinson.

6. Cottager58

According to The Daily Mail we’ve turned down a £750k bid from Feyenoord for Moussa Dembele. And French papers are saying that our asking price is £4m plus £1m in add-ons.

7. Cottager58

An observation only - the Bundesliga transfer deadline has closed and Emerson Hyndman is still with us. Not to say he won't yet go on loan, of course.

[Noticed also that Lewis Holtby has joined Hamburg]

8. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed Emmerson goes on a short loan , shows what he can do and is persuaded to stay with us.
    As for MD he seems to be improving with each game, well worth the asking price ,if not now defiantly
    within another year

9. Cottager58

In another exclusive with the local player Kit reckons that Emerson Hyndman, as yet to sign a new contract, will need to prove himself ahead of Scott Parker and Jamie O’Hara to get into the first team. He said,

“He’s (Hyndman) not featured much. He came away with us pre-season but he missed the initial chunk of it due to international duties. He’s worked hard, obviously it’s a tough position for him to get in front of other players at the moment – signing Jamie O’Hara obviously put him back a little bit.

We’ve got (Ryan) Tunnicliffe and Lasse Vigen Christensen. (Sakari) Mattila has come in as well, and obviously our captain Scott Parker coming back as well. There’s a lot of competition for those places. Like anybody else, it’s hard to get in.”

No doubt Kit was asked a specific question about the situation with Emerson. However, knocking him down the pecking order so explicitly and knowing that his comments would be openly reported, suggests that there’s a significant rift between the two. Was it really necessary for Kit to go quite this far in public though?

10. Cottager58

Emerson Hyndman has got his own tenpenurth in. While on his International trip he has told American Soccer Now that he intends leaving the Cottage.

”With only eight months left on his contract, Fulham have unsurprisingly been trying to tie him down to a new deal of late but the Texas-native has been reluctant to agree to fresh terms due to the interest in his signature and, as a result, now finds himself out of the first-team picture. Limited to one eight-minute substitute appearance in the League Cup so far this term, the situation has left the promising American more than frustrated and he has now made it clear that he intends to seek a new challenge in 2016.

“It’s a little difficult right now,” Hyndman told ASN. “I’ve told them
    [Fulham] in the past that I think it’s time for me to move on. There are clubs out there that are interested and that I am excited about, so it’s difficult for me right now, and I can’t see myself getting too many first-team minutes. I feel that I had a good preseason, and I thought I might get a chance, but I am really looking forward to the future more than anything.

“I am looking at all possibilities and I am not ruling anything out yet,” Hyndman added. “I am keeping everything open. I think a style-of-play change would be helpful for my development at the moment. I think it would swing me forward quicker. All I want to do is play and get first-team minutes consistently.”

Source and the rest of the story singing his praises: http://americansoccernow.com/articles/frustrated-at-fulham-hyndman-eyes-olympics

It’s not difficult to understand Hyndman’s frustration with us over the last while and getting game time for his country must come as a welcome break. There’s the devil in the tail for Fulham however as he shares tales with fellow Internationals, not to say those of the USA head coach. Jurgen Klinsmann has sung his praises on several occasions. “Emerson is phenomenal,” he told theTelegraph last November. “This kid came to our first game after the World Cup, and in our first training session he played like he was always with us. He’s barely 18. I said to my coach: ‘Are you seeing what I’m seeing?’ Everyone was like ‘woah’.”

11. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Hyndman is acting like a normal 18 year old. The issue is that the advice he is receiving is to leave and that has turned his head; it's not hard for that to happen with a young player.

I am getting the feeling he'd be itching for a move even if he'd started 46 games for us last season. It's a shame, as he has some real talent, but time for us to move on from Hyndman.