1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Players on the "Out"

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Cookie started the ”Transfer Targets“ thread to specifically talk about players “IN” for next season. So in keeping with the traditions of the Board, this thread is about players “OUT”.

We’ve already had notice of Chelsea’s apparent interest in Marcus Bettinelli.

please log in to view this image

If anything it’s gained momentum across the press in the last 24 hours but then that might be them just jumping on any story that has a Jose Mourinho headline. No rebuttals though, except the one liner that we are considering giving him a new contract.

Next up is Hugo Rodallega whose future the local press say is in doubt - no surprises there then!

”Fulham are keeping their powder dry over a new deal for Hugo Rodallega. In January, boss Kit Symons said he was ready to trigger a clause in the Colombian’s contract that keeps him at the Cottage for another year, now he is not so sure. Rodallega, who will be 30 in July, has not made an appearance since he was an 88th minute sub in the 2-0 win over Huddersfield on March 21.
    He was far more prominent in the first half of the season where he hit 11 goals, and is still just five behind leading scorer Ross McCormack after totalling 36 appearances for the campaign.

But Symons wants to make sure Fulham are absolutely guaranteed Championship status before he sorts out his squad for next term, despite Saturday's 1-0 away win at Blackpool. The gaffer added: “I want to make sure we are safely in the Championship first. I don’t want to take my eye off the short term aim, but once it’s mathematical certainty, we’ll be looking to plan ahead. There’s no decision been made on Hugo.”

Source: http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-boss-suspends-new-deal-9079994

2. Cottager58

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  3. Cottager58

According to the Mirror, and quite a few other papers, along with Liverpool, Arsenal and Man United “ Manchester City have turned to Patrick Roberts as they look to fall into line with the Premier League’s home-grown regulations.”

They go on to say, “Fulham know Roberts is their prize asset and are dangling a huge wage increase in front of him in their bid to keep the youngster who can operate as a conventional striker or winger. The London club will be looking for £10million if they fail to persuade Roberts that his future is with them.”

Source: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/patrick-roberts-manchester-city-radar-5584028

Personally I believe a move to one of the big boys is the wrong career move for Pat at this time. However, can see how his head could be turned, and not just for the money - the £5k per week we are allegedly offering him is a sizeable sum for a young man. Equally can full well see how that kind of fee would be hard for the Club to turn down - could easily buy two very decent players.

4. FulhamIreland

FulhamIreland Well-Known Member

£10 million with a large sell on fee is probably a good deal at this stage. I can't help but feel Pat's development has taken a few steps backwards this season. He's certainly not at the level I'd have hoped for him after one season in the Championship. He'd probably have been better off staying with the U21s all season rather than warming our bench.

5. Cottager58

”Symons will now turn his thoughts to next season and ensuring Fulham enjoy a better campaign than what has been something of a roller-coaster ride this term. He expects more than a few ins and outs in the transfer market before August comes around. Asked if any of the Fulham players on show against Norwich had played their last game for the Whites, Symons replied: “Quite possibly. We’ve got a few boys out of contract and a few loan players. It will be a busy summer. We need to start the work straight away to move the Club forward.”

Source: http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/may/02/manager-reaction

With the ’OUTS’ in mind here is a reminder of the contract status of our current players:

6. FulhamIreland

FulhamIreland Well-Known Member

Out:
    GK; Stekelenberg (sell), Kiraly (release), Lee (release).
    DEF: Richards, Turner, Stafylidis, Husband (all loan expiries), Hoogland (release), Voser (sell), Amorebieta (sell).
    MID: Fofana, Guthrie (both loan expiries), Ruiz (sell), Chihi (release), David (sell), R. Williams (sell)
    ATT: Mitroglou (sell), Rodallega (sell).

OK maybe we keep sign a couple of the loanees permanently and maybe keep hold of one or 2 of the others but that's a hell of a lot of the first team squad leaving, not to mention the U21s that will be going. I fear another summer of huge volumes of comings and goings. If it is to happen, it must happen early in the summer.

7. silkship

silkship Well-Known Member

Can only expect Kit to talk as though he will be in the job next season, but reading it still makes me feel nauseous. I don't mind if there is a large turnover this summer, but just hope we buy players to suit a system and not the scattergun approach of last.

8. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

The season is now over for us and its time to stop buggering about and make some
    decisions, managerial replacement, yes I think so ,and as Fulhamireland has said a good clear
    out, i feel that we could achieve at least 15mil in transfer fees. which under an astute manager
    could obtain us some moderate quality players.
    If anyone saw todays game would love a report , as the tv highlights although brief showed our back 3
    clueless

9. GeraScores

GeraScores Well-Known Member

Kunye, look at the Norwich thread. I was at the game and about to post, when I found SuperBri had written it for me! Fundamental: right-back and the 3 in midfield (excluding Bryan who was sublime) were our downfall: I had sympathy for our two centre-backs left so exposed by team-mates rather than an average Norwich. Hugo missed a sitter and should have been replaced at half-time. Patrick Roberts looked good when he came on.

Outs:
    Pity to lose Bryan, Roberts, Bettinelli (was he saying "goodbye"?).
    No real loss when the rest of our midfield go. Hope we can keep LVC, and maybe George Williams, but we need plyaers who can play in the Championship - an unique league.
    Bodurov remains a liability. Still not sure about Hoogland.
    Hugo will go; Matt Smith will only be an impact player.

After 2-3 years of woe, FFC need some radical change in order to justify why I've just renewed my Season Ticket.

10. GeraScores

GeraScores Well-Known Member

11. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

Not a lot will happen until 30 th June / 1st July as that is normally when the transfer window opens and when contracts normally end... Although that doesn't mean we can't have deals in place ready to go and also state who will be leaving

12. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Palace seem to have decided to release a few already
    Shola Ameobi, Brede Hangeland, Jerome Thomas and Owen Garvan will all leave.
    Pardew will also listen to offers for Adlene Guedioura, Barry Bannan, Adrian Marriapa, Zeki Fryers and Jonny Williams.

Bannan and Marriapa would interest me.

13. Cookie-6262

Bannan and Mariappa would def interest me as well, Jonny Williams is class but has struggled with injuries for years now and may never be fully fit!

I have always liked Bannan
    Marriappa a defender with pace and plenty of championship experience

14. Cottager58

“Jazz Richards is back at Swansea and in contention for first-team duty at the end of his loan deal.”

Source: http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Dwight-Tiendalli-Jazz-Richards-Swansea-City-fold/story-26457383-detail/story.html#ixzz3ZTlB4Npt

Probably means only what it says. However, given that Kit said a week or so ago that he was going to speak to all the players on loan, the rather stark statement in this report suggests that we won’t be taking him on again. Of course, that could just be me reading between the lines what I want to hear.

15. Cookie-6262

Apparently Kit has had the squad for an end of season debrief where the players have already been told if they are in his plans for next season or whether they will be released and not given a new contract. The article goes on to say the club can't make an announcement until 30 th June as this is when contracts expire yet other clubs have already named who won't be offered new contracts, the second strange thing is the article listed the players likely to be leaving and they were all the expected candidates though they mentioned Taggert as well which seems ridiculous

16. Cottager58

17. FFC_Madness

FFC_Madness Well-Known Member

When Kit is going to be summoned?

I am not renewing my ticket for another year of crap...

18. Cottager58

The West Australian paper is reporting that Perth Glory want him, which may be why he's listed:

"Perth Glory have made a recruiting pitch to Socceroo Adam Taggart in a bid to convince the striker to return to his old A-League club next season.

The Weekend West understands Glory coach Kenny Lowe has travelled to Britain as part of an off-season recruiting drive as Perth try to make up for a wasted season ruined by penalties for salary cap breaches. Lowe has opened discussions with 21-year-old Taggart. Glory are keen to lure the goal scorer back to Perth to create a formidable partnership up front with Irish international Andy Keogh."

Source: https://nz.sports.yahoo.com/footbal...46372/taggart-on-glory-s-extensive-wish-list/

19. Cookie-6262

The most important thing for me is investing in the squad if we just back fill the squad with lots of free transfers not sure I will be at the cottage alot next season, with the amount of wages freed up over the last 12months, parachute payments and the likely sales (Mitroglu, Stek etc etc) there is no reason why we shouldn't be spending £15 mill on four top players to add to the four of five decent players we have left!

The sale of Stek, Mitroglu and Amorebieta alone should get us close to £10 mill meaning we only have to invest £5 mill of our parachute payments

20. Cottager58

The 'leaks' have started and have to say his one quite shocked me. U21 captain Jon Buatu has tweeted:

Jonathan Buatu@BuatuJ - May 10
    It's the end of a chapter. It was a pleasure to be part of FFC family. Thanks Fulham FC. A new chapter is beginning..

Not saying Jon was perfect (his distribution was a bit flaky) but he's athletic, reads the game and in recent weeks certainly was one of the few U21s who looked the part.

Last edited: May 11, 2015