1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

PFA Team Of The Year

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by "Thanks for that Brian", Apr 20, 2017.

1. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

Jan Is good but nowhere near as good as Toby.

Our defence without Toby was shocking. No coincidence that since we signed him we've become one of the best teams in the league defensively. After Kane and Alli, Toby is the player I fear losing although Lloris and Eriksen aren't far behind.

2. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

We will lose lots of players if we don't win something soon..Poch needs to stop making critical errors at pivotal times.

From what could have been and now an Arsenal v Chelsea final to look forward to...****ing brilliant.

Playing one of the most ill disciplined players when it comes to doing a job, as our left wing back whilst Kyle Walker is scratching his bollocks on the bench..saving him for Palace? well we had better win...or Poch getting some pelters from me. The more these lads win individually and the less we win as a club, the more it re inforces their desire to move for success.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  3. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

I can't see anyone who wants to leave. All of the sales that are held against the club were of players who saw themselves as having outgrown the rest of the team and it's possible achievements. Strangely, nobody holds the sales by The Gooners of Van Persie, Adebayor, Nasri, Toure, Cliché,etc. against them. Nor do Liverpool get it for Sterling, Suarez, Torres and Alonso. All players who left members of the old 'Sky 4' to go on to 'bigger and better things'.

If a bid comes in for one of our best players, I don't see the same reaction. We're second in the league FFS. There's nothing to leave for but money. Whilst we are building a stadium, we're also in the market for sponsorship and filling the thing. Selling the family silver condemns the club to repeating the last decade. Once we sell one player there's a weakness that we'll struggle to live down. If I was spending £400m on naming rights, I'd make damn sure that the club concerned was going to be in the CL for most of those years. If the club turn down every offer and respond "Bid what you like, we're not selling" then the lads will stay and MP isn't going anywhere whilst we're going forwards.

4. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

I agree with most of this Brian. I do think Arsenal got a load of stick (especially in-house) for the period of selling they went through - although it was tempered by the valid excused that their move to the Library necessitated balancing the books. If they lose Ozil and Sanchez this summer - at a time where the cash is supposedly flowing in abundance - there will be a far greater media backlash, especially if they don't manage to attract like-for-like replacements.

What worries me about the stretch of time between Bale leaving and last season is that we literally didn't have anyone worth buying other than Hugo. The rest of the squad was of zero interest to the moneybags teams around the world and so there was no real point of reference against which we could demonstrate our resilience in the market. That has changed drastically over the past 2 seasons with now 5 or even 6 players capable of waltzing into any team in the world and doing well there.

I expect us to face a stiff tapping-up campaign this summer from most of media and club lapdogs posing as pundits. The saving grace is that very, very few teams can afford our players and tend to be well-stocked in those areas already.

5. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

It's sad but true.

Not sure what Poch was thinking for the match. Seems as though he was prioritising Palace over the semi which is disappointing. Our chance of winning the FA Cup was far greater than winning the Premier League. Chelsea were efficient on Saturday but they were far from great, had we gone full strength I reckon we'd have won and then fancied our chances in the final.

Now we're left very much likely going to be trophy-less again while also having to come to terms with either Chelsea doing the double or our two biggest rivals both picking up silverware.

I think we'll be safe for this summer, unless anyone comes in with astronomical offers then I don't think Levy will sell but next season is going to be a real make or break one and the thought of possibly playing our games at Wembley is horrifying.

6. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

We can't ignore the effect of playing at Wembley. I've already written next season off..it's a scary thought. I hope the players are mature enough to understand the situation and want to lead us into the new stadium. Our home record this season is befitting of Champions and we will be missing out regardless. What will it take

7. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>. So PNP and Spurf are Munters then I take it?

Dier Hard likes this.
  8. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

And you wonder why your title's still Mod Abuse? <laugh>