1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pep is a failure

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by george the blue, May 3, 2016.

1. george the blue

george the blue Active Member

The jury was out, there were so many speculative arguments over this man-possibly the most decisive manager in history:

a Genius, or a man blessed with the task of instructing them?

Tonight i feel we got the closest we'll get to an answer.

In 3 seasons this is the closest the man has gotten to a european title. In three seasons Bayern have spent vast sums of money, destabilised the bundesliga by hoovering up the best domestic talent from it's rivals, and kept hold of the stars hoeness cultivated prior to Pep's arrival.

Domestically, Bayern have done what they HAD to do. they have no rival. They have NOTHING to prove.

They could go unbeaten in that league, and prove nothing, its possibly even less competitive than even Serie A (possibly).

Its an undeniable fact that Pep had to be judged on his performance in the champions league, and on that basis, I think its fair to say his Bayern spell has been a failure.

3 seasons in a row his teams have been out fought, out thought, and out played.

He's not as good as everyone thought he was and next season its only going to get worse for him.

2. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Tonight he was up against a team and manager he should know well, next season every opponent will be new to him.
    It could be fun :emoticon-0100-smile

3. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

I have said before Pep inherited the Barca that he won the titles with, he did not build it.

4. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I am with you on this, and Barca have carried on quite nicely without him.
    He has a job on his hands at City, they really need a rebuild.

5. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

You lot should have gone for Simeone other than what is imo a risk in Conte.

Gareth1808 likes this.
  6. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

Simione would be available. Look at what he is achieving at Atletico. Conte was literally he best we could get. Not the he's a bad option mind.

7. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

You may well be right and he's not available but I don't think you asked.

8. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I think this City job is going to be his biggest test and even then he is still taking on probably the best squad in the league and will have bucket loads to spend.

But he has done about as much as can be reasonably expected during his managerial career. The Champions League is very hard to win and often comes down to the tiniest of margins, as we very well know!

9. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Yeah I was saying earlier on another thread..Pep previously has been in leagues where he had a 50% chance of winning the league by default.
    Seriously, winning La Liga with Barca and winning the Bundesliga with Bayern are not exactly achievements. Its expected every season.
    Next year we could see United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Leicester, Spurs AND Liverpool all challenge.
    They probably wont ALL challenge, but its certainly possible for any or all of those clubs to challenge.

Which other top European football league can claim the same level of competitiveness?

10. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

No other league is anywhere near as exciting. Exciting times ahead for EPL methinks,

11. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

I rate Antonio Conte as better than Pep and Simione for the task at Chelsea. We'll also get to see how good a manager Conte is with the upcoming European Championships. Conte's club management form is already known to be superb.

12. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Very refreshing to find Pep accepting he has failed.

http://www.espnfc.us/bayern-munich/...are-entitled-to-say-i-failed-at-bayern-munich

I still think he will struggle in England. He can prove me and everyone wrong.

But there is some amazing stat:

In the last 7 or 8 years, Whoever beats Pep's team - has gone all the way to win the Champions league that season.

Amazing indeed. By that stat, this year is Atleti's !!

Hope Atleti put lucky Real in their place <ok>

13. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I will be rooting for Atletico in the CL final aswell.
    I like how they are run. They are my favourite Spanish club by far.

14. george the blue

george the blue Active Member

My favourite is Atletic Bilbao, but same i do like the madrid story, and i like teams that try to win by any means. I remember how they overpowered us (maybe 3 year ago was it?) at the bridge.

i just want a good game, with passion!