1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Papy ?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by The Little General, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Very poor
    What I've seen of him.
    He really can't stand on his two feet he's always on the ground or rushing in

Billy Death likes this.
  2. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

What he always reminds me of

IMG_1155.JPG

3. Horsham TomSAFC

Horsham TomSAFC Active Member

what possessed Mr Moyes to shell out 8 million pounds on this player?
    As smug stated earlier about just getting over Gareth Hall (he was also dogshit),we have to endure Papy (or ****e).
    Ironically done over by Chelsea on both players(come to think of it on Flo as well).
    I think we should claim compensation from Chelsea.Hazard and Willian on loan for rest of season will do for starters.

4. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

Arrogance mate. Can't be anything else can it?

5. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

We didn't sign Flo from Chelsea mate.
    We signed him from Rangers. <ok>

6. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

7. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Well he was Sam's target, we tried to sign him under Sam and it was Sam's scouts who reported on him. Perhaps Moyes mistake was trusting Sam to take on his targets.

I know everybody thinks the sun shines out of Big Sam's arse as folk only seem capable of judging him on his 6 months with and not his 20 odd years in football. But Sam's transfer bussiness over the years is very hit and miss.

There's no doubt in my mind we would have signed Papy with Big Sam in charge. No doubt at all and he would have been Sam's first big flop.

Nordic likes this.
  8. Brian Storm

Yes! The logical explination built with facts. <laugh>

9. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

Let's keep facts out of this shall we! <laugh>

It doesn't do to have a moan and dig at an ex-manager when facts a brought into it!

10. Brian Storm

It's just mindless finger pointing without using the info we have to try and work out the truth. Papy was going to be BIg Sam's first flop. Only question for me that we'll never know the answer to, would he have succeeded in time with the lad where Moyes failed and Grayson is failing. Possibly, likely not imo.

Think the bloke is a write off we're stuck with unfortunately. Nee laughing matter. He's ****ing ****e. <laugh>

11. jdsafc

jdsafc Well-Known Member

Moyes couldn't remember Djilabodji's name in an early interview......"Errrr.......the boy .......errr......Pappy..." so I don't think Moyes was too involved with his transfer

Other than that, I agree with all of the above

He is terrible and not worthy of a peg in the dressing room

Brian Storm likes this.
  12. Brian Storm

Same here. Moyes was a late to join thanks to the FA, he had no time. Moyes was in Africa doing footy in Africa charity stuff up till us making an approach and he flew straight from there. 6 days later Papy is announced. There's no way Moyes had time to asses his squad, hire his scouts, track the player, approach Chelsea, negotiate the fee, get the player in and negotiate the contract, book the medical, carry out the medical and complete the signing in the space of 144 hours. Not possible, way too far fetched. The likely hood is it will have been at the stage of the medical already booked in as Moyes joined and will have been told it was happening.

With Ndong, we made our first bid for him as soon as the season ended with Sam in charge. Lorient have confirmed this. They priced us out of a move so we chased other targets and went back to him after Moyes was in charge.

It's clear certain targets were in place which kept in line with Sam's recruitment infrastructure. It's easy to mindlessly blame a manager cause it fits in with an overpowering hatred but it doesn't make it so.

Jack TheLad likes this.
  13. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

Almost the same as blaming Moyes for Kone being a poison.

Brian Storm likes this.
  14. Brian Storm

It's daft really. Way I see it, Moyes was shocking, there's enough to go on without having to scapegoat him. All that serves is to stick our heads on the sand over other problems.

15. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

It's a bit pointless all this defending of Moyes, fact is he was a terrible manager for us. That's all that matters and nit picking to show that maybe he wasn't responsible for as much awfulness as he gets credit for is a waste of time.

16. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Moyes always gave the impression that his heart wasn't in the job, shame he took so long to walk away. Shorts worst managerial appointment imo., but it looked like a good move at the time. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. :sad:

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  17. Brian Storm

I don't see any defence of Moyes. You're missing my point. It's not that mindlessly blaming Moyes for everything is out of order, couldn't give a **** about how Moyes feels, it's just stupid to ignore the root cause of problems that weren't actually a persons fault as it makes us blind to what really happens. Just a shortcut to coming to a conclusion without having to bother to think. Lemming mentality. Never did anyone any good to be led blindly into believing something that simply isn't true. The Media have half the country dangling on a shoe string doing just that.

Nads and Nordic like this.
  18. Horsham TomSAFC

Horsham TomSAFC Active Member

Well Queens Park Rangers is near Chelsea,so still blame them twatz!

Burly Hurley likes this.
  19. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Djilibodji is weird. I've watched him look every part a premier league player for 20 minutes then look like a bench warmer for Gateshead if they're desperate for the next 70!! He has ability I'm certain of it. But he doesn't seem to be able to put that into practice for long enough. Thought he'd be ok at this level but guess Grayson knows better

20. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

True but still nee where near Glasgow. <ok>

Makemstine Roger likes this.