1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pantsil leaving.....??

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by 67RDH06, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Froggy, I saw Stock play regularly at Bournemouth a few years back, and he looked like a good little player. I could see him filling Danny Murphy's role in a team. He's been a regular at Championship level for a few years so maybe - maybe - he'd be ready to step up to the Premier League. I've also heard good things about McGugan, although all second hand.

I hadn't heard of transfermarket.co.uk. I'll have to take a look.

Bandit, I'm not sure I agree. We need to sign players who will compete for first team places, gradually upping the standard and depth of the squad. Challenge for places will make players work harder and up their game, which can only be a good thing. We don't want an unhappy squad, but neither do we want a complacent one or one where the back up players don't think they are ever going to force their way into the side and are happy just to sit on the bench indefinitely. Think of the players who in recent times have had spells out of the side but worked hard and showed they were worth a place in the eleven: Dempsey, Baird, Davies (currently out, but I bet his presence means that Duff and Demps aren't taking their places for granted), to name just three.

2. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

Yes but as long as the back four are performing on the pitch, no matter how well the back ups are training, they won't get a look in. I think we can assume that none of the back four are taking their places for granted, due to their performances of late (even Salcido has looked quality). I'm all for improving the team, but I would be cautious to change a back four that has looked so good of late.

3. WhatDoesWoyWant?

I'm here at last. I wonder who JP will be playing for next season.. I don't think it will be us.

4. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

I can see Woy taking him and Gera to WBA. Knowing Woy he will give us Odemwingie and Brunt in exchange :D