1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Palace @ the bridge

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StanDMan, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

That's the big question. Spurs have had a few false starts in the past, but looking from the outside, I think there is steel in what Poncho is doing, and belief from the players, maybe even the powers that be. IF he can keep his stars and recruit maybe only 2 better quality squad players,then there is no reason Spurs can't be challenging again next season. Money, as always in our game today, is crucial, firstly to hold off the likes of Madrid who circle like sharks around the Kanes and Allis, and money to buy top class players.

2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I can't see Kane or Alli going anywhere to be honest.
    I am thinking more like Lloris, Lamela, Vertonghen and Alderweild (sp?) them sort of folk.

Chelsea Pensioner likes this.
  3. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

That could be, but with Spurs spending power ,both on wages and to buy players, they are vulnerable to raiders, as were Leicester when we came calling. They can't afford to lose any of their 1st 11, and need to strengthen a tad to stay in the hunt. Hope for their sake that they do.

4. The Ginger Marks

That would be what most clubs with ambition would do but Spurs do have a history of selling players and like Arsenal choose not to pay the going rate for good players. Their squad is thin and barely adequate for sustained challenges. This has been echoed with their performances or lack of them in Europe. If they fail to win something major those the more decent players they have right now will be looking elsewhere.

5. DferPolarBear

DferPolarBear Well-Known Member

Exactly what I said to the Dfer chit chatters at HT