1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Our home shirt

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by TONY_WARNERS_FACE., Jan 31, 2011.

1. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

When it first came out everybody hated it, including me.

Since then though I now think "that's alright". Anyone else changed their opinion half way through the season? I know the standard response is usually to hate the home shirt when it's released.

Also, is anyone a cheap bastard like me and waiting til they go on sale for a tenner?

2. St-Louis Tiger

St-Louis Tiger Active Member

Definately!! <ok>

i'm never that fussed about the shirt, though i'm one of those who prefers plain to stripes

3. blackandamber

blackandamber Member

waiitng for it to go to 20quid, not sure on the away though, its a bit plain, like the home one though, much better than last years either way.

4. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

Same, I still think the last Avec shirt we had with the white sleeves is our best ever shirt. Then again I liked the purple away shirt...

I would like to see white shorts used with the home kit more often though.

5. suchy

suchy Member

Only time i ever get a kit is when its a tenner or someone buy it as a present for me cannot afford full price

6. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Still hate it. Looks like two different shirts (front and back) and the edges of the stripes look poor. The material feels nasty even by football shirt standards as well.

The away shirt is equally cheap and nasty looking, they couldn't even be bothered to match the colour of the trim even though the two bits meet (the adidas stripes are a different colour to the loop around the npower badge).

Very disappointed, I was expecting much better from adidas.

7. St-Louis Tiger

St-Louis Tiger Active Member

who here owns the classic tiger striped shirt??

*sheepishly puts hand up*

8. prideofyorkshire

£42 is ridiculous so deffos waiting for it to go down to a tenner :-D
    The training jumper is smart aswell so hope that pops up in the sale. I think the pictures on tiger leisure don't help, make the shirts look odd. They always grow on me. Adidas usually make nice kitsso chuffed we ended up with them

9. prideofyorkshire

I wasn't keen on the away shirt atall, not to mention the piping is tangerine orange and not amber.

10. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Some of it is. I quite liked the design for the away kit it's nice and simple, but then saw the picture with the two tone effect so decided to wait before ordering it. Saw a few shirts at games and it's really noticable when you're aware of it.

I thought the two training kits looked like better kits than the actual kits as well. Next season we're probably back to plain shirts so you could take the black one and change the white trim to amber for the away kit. Then for the home kit just reverse the colours.

11. SiK

SiK Member

I took the Npower offer where switching to them for a 28 day contract got me a £45 voucher. Switched back to my original supplier almost straight away and secured the shirt that way.<whistle>

I think of all the shirts I have worn the least in the first 6 months of having it. Still has not grown on me much, and continually concerned that washing too much will make all the iron on transfers to come off! :emoticon-0149-no:

12. dazzar86

dazzar86 Well-Known Member

Next year's will be much better.

Adam Pearson said Adidas have been a nightmare to work with so far and have thrown loads of demands at us which meant we ended up with a kit we weren't massively keen on/not unique and had to change soo much around the stadium to suit them, just so they'd keep supplying shirts for the players for games.

He said the reason for this is because we couldn't afford to pay them anything at the start of the deal and then got even further behind on payments til it put adidas in the driving seat.

Since the Allam's have come in, they paid Adidas in full, and will do the same at the start of next season in 1 lump sum and they've told Adidas exactly what they expect of them from next season onwards - City now fully in the driving seat and expect/demand more respect from Adidas.

13. x

x Well-Known Member

looks like theres only me left what can read your posts TWFy. never mind. my opinion on white shorts is that we should never ever wear them not ever. i think we have a fundamental divergnce of opinoin there and its prolbably irrevocable and we wont ever resolve it.

14. Tigerned

Tigerned Active Member

I think the Adidas shirt is a disgrace. It took three attempts for the club to send me a shirt I was happy with (various faults). My main area of concern is when I compare it to my DC United top which is also Adidas. The MLS logo on the sleeve is embroidered on as is the club badge and the material is much better. And it only cost £30!!!!! The Americans clearly dont let clubs mess them around like ours do. Hope its sorted next year!

15. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

By the way T W F, yes i am a Jock, and will wait for them to hit the tenner mark <cheers>

16. BernsteinTiger

BernsteinTiger Well-Known Member

It's the £42 that did it for me. It just seems inferior quality to the Umbro for more money, so I'm using the old ones for now. I quite liked last year's, though I know a lot of people hated the pinstripe.

But I will be getting one for a tenner, yeah.

17. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

My fave, and I still wear it, and its in good nick tbh really, is my actual tiger one, with the Needlers teletubby style patch on the belly. We shoulda kept that one ffs, it made a bold statement!

18. CCT

CCT Member

The premiership home kit from last season (pin stripes) was my all time favourite. Looked like Ralph Lauren dressed the lads! :)

19. amberosia

amberosia Member

Should always be stripes. We got called the Tigers because we played in stripes. We wouldn't have had that nickname if we'd played in plain shirts. There are lots of superior striped kit designs to ours if the club looked around.

20. Dean24

Dean24 Member

I think the shirt would look pretty good if Kylie Monogue had one on and she was bent over in front of me saying " come and get it "