1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Our final 5 matches

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Apr 5, 2017.

1. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Southend (H)

Coventry (A)

Gillingham (H)

Chesterfield (A)

Swindon (H)

Looking at the league table, and the remaining fixtures of Swindon, Shrewsbury & Port Vale (the teams we are now down there grubbing with), I think 51 points should see us safe.

Where will be get that extra 4 points from ? The only saving grace for us is that Chesterfield & Coventry have already gone, if we can't get a win and a draw from those two games we deserve Div 4 football for the first time in our history.

I would hate to think what would happen if it all went down to the final game v Swindon. Based on last night, my money wouldn't be on us.

Never seen a Charlton team so lacking in the basics of skill, pride & arsehole.

Thoughts ?

The Kish and DickPlumb like this.
  2. lardiman

lardiman Keep smiling through
    Forum Moderator

Unless there is a miraculous rediscovery of team spirit, these would be my predictions for these last 5 games;

Southend (H) ... Lose by two goals at least.
    Coventry (A) ... Draw if we are lucky. They are down already and they know it. Sometimes relegated teams shed their fear and play well.
    Gilligham (H) ... Lose by a goal. The pressure in this game will be massive. Gills will be up for dragging us down, our own fans have turned on the team.
    Chesterfield (A) ... Draw or just possibly a scrappy away win. This could be the game that saves our League One status, but only if we do win of course.
    Swindon Town (H) ... Lose. 100% toxic atmosphere. If both teams need a result, Swindon are far more likely to get it.

This would leave us on 49 points, and at the mercy of other results in other games as to whether we will be playing League One or League Two football in August.

My only hope now is that I am notoriously bad at predicting results. Rarely do I get one right, never mind five in a row.
    Nobody (except maybe KR) will be happier than me if we now go and beat Southend on Saturday.
    Nobody will be more surprised either...

3. User deleted as requested

I think Southend will tear us a new arsehole on Saturday.

As Don said, if we do stay up it will be down to Kevin Nugent's 7 points from 3 games.

4. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

We're 100% reliant on the teams below us losing. L2 nextseason is a real possibility. We must have the worst strikers in any league.

5. User deleted as requested

Did you go last night & what did you think ?

6. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

If the players thought that was an acceptable performance in tribute to PC Keith Palmer then pro footballers are a sad sad species! They should issue a statement, as a group, apologising and saying that last night was not acceptable!

7. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

We will lose on Saturday and rely on the others below us to slip up.

I think us staying up will be due to the inabilities of the teams below us. I do not think the teams below us are able to get at least two wins each.

Having said that there is no guarantee we will be able to muster two wins.

I will not lose any sleep if we go down.

8. The Kish

The Kish Well-Known Member

I put £30 on us to go down at 50/1 on Monday.

So we won't go down but it will go to the wire.

Absolutely gutless last night; genuinely think the only thing that would guarantee us 4 points is for Robinson to go now. The new manage bounce should kick in if it was someone like Euell or Jackson until the end of the season. Otherwise I agree with all of the above, we're reliant on other teams being more inept.

9. Sat In Greenwich

Sat In Greenwich Well-Known Member

we were abysmal last night. never seen such a lack of basic tactics, formation or willingness.

i think solly was the only player to come out with a 6/10.

it's finally sunk in that twatt is no good. got booed off. JFC anonymous in midfield. bauer just does not know what he's doing at all. not sure what's happened magennis, looks like a tenth of the player he was at the beginning of the season.

only bright spot was the 10 mins where anti regime, anti perks songs were sung. otherwise, no atmosphere at all.

10. User deleted as requested

It sounds a strange thing to say of so called professional footballers, but our players literally don't know what to do on the pitch. They don't know where to stand, who to mark and who to track. Jackson may be a good bloke and a leader by example but once again as a player he is not good enough to warrant a place in this team.

11. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

They simply don't care - I didn't see much effort. There is a severe lack of leadership as jacko and Solly should be slapping some of them. It's not an exaggeration, you wouldn't see the Roy Keanes of the world letting some of their displays go.

12. User deleted as requested

Agree with all of that , only problem is that our skipper is now one of our worst players.

13. The Elfsborg Sparrow

He's just past it, that is all.

14. The Elfsborg Sparrow

Would you care if you saw what went on behind the scenes?

An absolute circus of a club.

15. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Yep - I'd have personal pride.

The Kish likes this.
  16. The Elfsborg Sparrow

Other than the likes of Solly and Jackson, the others do not give a f***, nothing further than their next pay packet.

That is not consigned to just us, it is football in general.

17. User deleted as requested

The players don't give a flying f*ck, you could see it in their body language last night. I exempt the kid Aribo, & to be fair de Silva put in a shift .

But Forster-Caskey ? Watt ? Bauer ??

The Kish likes this.
  18. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Not sure it's football in general. You have many players who aspire to be a part of the elite, the best they can be, the best in the league etc.

Players seemingly dont care for the national team, but become different players with a different mentality at club level.

19. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

I quite like Da Silva. It begs the question why has it taken so long for him to be given a chance when we've had some dross down the left.

20. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Watt and Bauer have probably been told that Gobbo does not want them at the Club next season..