1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Our defence

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Ze, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

I have to say we must have the best defence in the league at the moment. The only reason there was 42 goals yesterday was because every single team's defence was rubbish.

We held our own during every attack, Carragher did what he did best and put in a lot of last ditch tackles.

Kelly and Johnson were superb once again in their positions. I think Kelly has been a revelation for us - the missing defensive piece. I can really see the Defence clicking now, especially with the addition of Steve Clarke to oversee them.

If I had to pick out 1 bad thing about the game, it's that we didn't put enough players up the pitch. But I think that was more of a defensive tactic employed by Kenny today rather than the team's fault.

Has anyone ever seen Kuyt play like he has since Torres left? Yes, his first touch is too heavy and he isn't the best finisher - but it's like he's putting in double shifts every match. I think if we could have done a 3 up front, with Meireles behind Suarez and Kuyt it could have ended 2-0. Can't wait until our next game now, and I can't remember saying that for over a year now.

2. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

Completely agree! What's that four clean sheets in a row? Kelly is a legend in the making. The system seems great as well. Kenny what a revelation as well!

First the 6 Nations, now this. Great weekend for me! And yes it's been about a year and a half since iv looked forward to the next game. That loss at Pompey still haunts me!

3. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

I know we all love the king, but please please don't forget about the job Steve Clarke is doing behind the scenes.....immense work by all 3 ( Sammy included).

4. Thanks to Shanks

Clarke helped Chavski to get one of the meanest defences in the league in 04-05 and 05-06. Top coach.