1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

One Word Headline About Q.P.R To Sell Paper: Exclusive!

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Northolt-QPR, May 4, 2011.

1. Northolt-QPR

Northolt-QPR Active Member

There’s no escaping it now, we’re in the midst of it. The trial is underway and the press are churning out news stories, opinions and defences from all and sundry about Q.P.R’s hearing at The F.A.

It is of course an amazing story if you are on the outside looking in. The team that has sat atop The Championship all year with filthy rich owners and a controversial manager could have their promotion snatched from them at the last second due to gross incompetence/cheating. If this week has taught us anything it’s that should the result be a favorable one for Hoops everywhere we should get used to increased media coverage back in the Premier League. It has been staggering the amount of attention behest upon Q.P.R. Media outlets of all sorts are taking a stab at reporting the finer details of the case and whipping up a frenzy with bold, one word headlines when in actual fact they can’t even pronounce Faurlin’s name.

This started on Sunday when the hosts of this weeks Sunday Supplement on Sky Sports couldn’t tell the difference between Taarabt and Faurlin as they discussed the case. The further poor reporting has continued on talkSport where Keys and Gray demanded punishment for Rangers and then scoffed that they didn’t actually understand the case. The F.A themselves have had to deny that there has been a leak within their establishment and that they have changed the play off dates as more media outlets jumped on the ‘guilty’ bandwagon. Yet still the media circus rolls on. Mark Palios rang the fire alarm by saying he expects a big punishment for The Champions. He then went on to compare the case to Luton’s recent plight, despite the fact the agent Q.P.R used was FIFA registered. Football365 published a piece today saying that the fans don’t matter and we shouldn’t care about how it affects Q.P.R, just give them a punishment. Twitter is buzzing with here-say and journalists claiming to know what’s going on, managers are being rolled out for a quote every five minutes and to top it all off Gianni Paladini is leaving Wembley everyday with another ridiculous cryptic message. As Neil Warnock said at the top of all of this ‘don’t let facts get in the way of a good story.’

I am not a journalist, but I am able to read online the charges against Q.P.R and see that we are not being charged for fielding an ineligible player, so why can’t the press? It’s been a horrible couple of days with every man and their dog giving an opinion and usually a wrong one. Simon Jordan used his time on talkSPORT to lay out exactly what he knew. He sounded incredibly informed. Matt Slater wrote a superb piece for The BBC, obviously well researched and looking at it from both sides of the coin. Dave McIntyre broke his silence over the whole affair to put down what he actually knew, no guesswork needed. Three… three opinions aired over the last few days have been informed, researched and evenly sided. What a state football journalism is in.

I do understand that terror and shock sells papers, of course it does but for the fans is this fair? Of course it isn’t. When the inevitable transfer saga of the summer begins (I assume Gareth Bale this time) I will be taking opinions and ‘facts’ with a pinch of salt. Perhaps it’s because Q.P.R have been away from the top for so long that I had forgotten what it was like to be under constant scrutiny and the subject of lazy journalism, the last few days have surprised me to say the least. Unfortunately this isn’t going to change, I’ll just have to learn to ignore the majority of the rubbish that the press attempt to feed me.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress....headline-about-q-p-r-to-sell-paper-exclusive/

2. Basingstoke Royal

Hope you don't get docked points you have won the league and rightly so.

Good Luck!

3. superdoopahoopsa

Couldnt agree more Northolt, the fact that these so-called experts on the case know about as much as you or me shows how we just need to wait this out and have confidence in the club

4. RangersHQ-Norfolk

Here here Northolt, when the Press SHOULD have been reflecting on our amazing season of being top virtually all year, best home record, best away record, best goal difference, most clean sheets and our captain is Championship Player of the Year OR reflecting on our emotional return to the Premiership after 15 years, the journey we have had since then, past glories, etc - what do they do?

Fill up their sports pages with grossly inaccurate, fabricated articles and look to pass judgement on how many points we MIGHT get deducted and how we will cause complete chaos to clear our name. Shocking, and a real insult to their readers.

5. CannockQPR

CannockQPR Active Member

Couldn't agree more chap, even the BBC are at it.

6. andrewqpr

andrewqpr New Member

Tomorrow will be our biggest day of the season
    I've almost forgot about saturdays game against the mighty weeds