1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

On to Southampton

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Vidicschin, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Vidicschin

Vidicschin Member

I hope SAF takes this game seriously and does not make too many changes. I expect him to give Evans a game, and Hernandez to start as well.

Rests for Vidic and Berbatov for sure. I can only assume Anderson was rested last night because he is set to play. Should be a good game because Southampton will be well up for it.

2. merrysupersteve

merrysupersteve Active Member

I think the changes will be wholesale, particularly with a rejuvanated Villa coming to Old Trafford the following Tuesday. I just hope the fringe players take the chance they are given and don't turn in another West Ham Carling Cup style horror show. Oh yes, and I hope Bebe doesn't play as I really think he's totally gash. Brutal.

3. Vidicschin

Vidicschin Member

Merry

Not sure what to make of Bebe yet. I will reserve judgement until next season.

However, gash players do not have the technique he has. I have seen enough to be optimistic.

4. ooh-bebe_sifi1988

Give the guy a break..

This time last year he was sleeping rough

5. _viva_rio_

_viva_rio_ Member

it will be interesting to see oxlade-chamberlain play apparently we are going to make a bid for him.

6. Daveunited

Daveunited Well-Known Member

do we want chamberlain lads

7. _viva_rio_

_viva_rio_ Member

yeah i want him i don't want us to miss out like we did with ramsey and bale.

8. alex1423

alex1423 New Member

I think we should take a punt on Oxdale-Chamberlain. Granted, the fee will be inflated, however, he does look a very good prospect!!!

9. SirPaulRyan

SirPaulRyan Member

bebe aint too bad it would take him time to produce on a pl level but i would have guessed most united fans would have learnt to be patient after seeing the rise of nani and somewhat of anderson..

10. TheStrettyEnd

TheStrettyEnd Member

Personally this is what I would go for

Linderguard - First start against lower league opposition, bed him in.

O'Shea - More for experience than anything else as rafa is out

Rio or smalling depending on if rio is fit, if he is and isnt deemed a risk play him, if not then go with smalling. Just preferably dont want smalling and evans together after the west ham debacle. And it would be better to play evans with an experienced head.

Evra - i dont want too much inexperience in the backline otherwise I would have gone for fabio but if smalling and evans are paired together it has gotta be a cert for him to play.

Nani - We need him. Every game. Or our midfeild is only about half as threatening.

Fletcher - Hoping he could play his way back into form, he has been rather poor recently but with ando next to him we should be ok. Although I am not sure if carricks fit for the game, if he is play him instead.

Ando - Say no more. Should have started last night, should be starting rest of the year as far as I am concerned.

Giggs. We have no other left wing alternative at this point and although giggs is now better coming off the bench eg last night we actually dont have a choice. Like **** I would ever put gibson there.

Hernandez - Give berba the day off same as vidic and hernandez does deserve a start.

Rooney - He needs a goal, badly. And league 1 opposition could be jsut the tonic.

Bench - Kuz, Smalling, scholes, owen, someone else.

Not interested in seeing obertan or bebe and definatley dont wanna see gibson.

Evans - Give vidic a rest.

11. TuckersLaw

TuckersLaw Member

Am I the only one who wants to see Obertan?

12. merrysupersteve

merrysupersteve Active Member

I think it needs to be post watershed before the sight of Obertan is acceptable, as he scares the younger viewers <ok>

Hard to know with him. Sometimes he looks out of his depth and on others he shows some nice touches. I think he will start tomorrow and if he has a future at United, he really should be started in games like this, due to likely rotation and a lack of options down the wings.

13. Jip Jaap Stam

Jip Jaap Stam General Chat Moderator
    Staff Member

I would give him a game. If I remember correctly, his last game was West Brom away when he was pretty poor. We don't want him to sit too many games out after a bad performance- his confidence is low enough as it is. He' definitely got ability, sometimes he lacks conviction at the sharp end

14. TuckersLaw

TuckersLaw Member

Obertan looks fantastic but so far only in glimpses. Some of his movement and skill reminds me of raw Ronaldo. I really hope he stays around and develops.

Much like Nani before him, his decision making and confidence need to improve if he is going to break the first team. Still, its not like we are short of wide options.