1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Oh No not again

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by qprbeth, Mar 12, 2017.

1. qprted

qprted Poet Laureate

THE THOUGHT OF CLARKE CARLISE ENDING UP IN A WHEELCHAIR FOR LIFE BY THROWING HIMSELF IN FRONT OF A TRUCK STILL BREAKS MY HEART ,

GET HELP STEVEN GET HELP BEFORE ITS TOO LATE

Uber_Hoop and Stroller like this.
  2. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Amazing how wheelchair bound Clarke ran (on his legs) the London Marathon last year, raising money for the Bobby Moore Foundation. He was out yesterday talking about depression and suicide to emergency services staff in the North East. He claims to be in a good place now. So your thoughts were misplaced. I have a lot of sympathy for Carlisle and others who are gripped by depression, and if this is Caulker's problem I hope he does get help (though I suspect he's just a thick selfish overpaid twat).

When reading up about this I found out that the driver who's lorry he threw himself in front of was temporarily blinded by shards of glass and had serious post traumatic stress disorder, having to change jobs as a result (I think Carlisle had to pay him damages). And the young lad who witnessed the incident and summoned the emergency services and cared for Carlisle while they were on their way was also seriously distressed. He couldn't face driving past the spot after and had to give up his job. A few months later he was 'found dead' leaving a young wife and child. Truly an incident that merits being described as tragic.

rangercol likes this.
  3. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

It has to be said there are consequences to such actions that are often never in the public domain after such incidents. I certainly think all Emergency Services staff in particular are privy to many horrific scenes that must be traumatic for all concerned as I'm sure Nines could testify to...

QPR999 likes this.
  4. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

That's a very perceptive statement from you Soops. <ok>

Yes indeed as a fireman ( sorry, firefighter ) I attended many incidents that no human would ever wish to see. Be it a fire, a road traffic accident ( RTA, now known as a an RTC, road traffic collision as no road incident is an accident ) terrorist bombing, rail incident, London underground incident, water incident ( usually involving the Thames ) etc etc ... anything involving a last resort emergency solution, I've been there.

Turning up and dealing with this kind of situation even with all of the equipment and all of the training can never prepare you for some of the crap you'll ever witness. But the papers and news reports can never avail you to the true circumstances of what it's really like. But hey-ho you crack on and do the best you can regardless.

Was it not you who witnessed the Purley train crash at the bottom of your garden a few years back? You must have some experience of what it's like.

I spoke to my mate who I served with at Alpha 24 Soho White Watch the other night. He was called onto the incident on Westminster Bridge last week. He retires next month after 30 years service but what he told me of the scenes he witnessed on that day would give you nightmares for the rest of your life. I won't divulge them on here but the reality of turning up to an incident like that is nothing like that was portrayed in the media.

Steelmonkey likes this.
  5. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Purley is the other side of Croydon from me, Roller lives down that way so it may have been him. I have seen someone fall under a tube train many years ago, not something you'd want to dwell on...