1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Grand Prix thread Official Not606 Bahrain GP Chat and Predictions

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by EternalMSC, Mar 28, 2016.

?

Will You Dare To Believe?

Poll closed Apr 2, 2016.
  1. Rosberg (Not long till I bottle it, don't worry fans)

19.0%
  2. Hamilton (I also should have won)

61.9%
  3. Vettel (I should have won)

14.3%
  4. Ricciardo (Return of the honey badger?)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Massa (Renaissance Continues)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Grosjean (This is like a win for us!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Hulkenberg (Arrrghhh!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Bottas (What the hell am I doing down here?)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Sainz (Max was too slow)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. OTHER PLEASE STATE IN BOLD

4.8%
  1. eddie_squidd

eddie_squidd Well-Known Member

This.

2. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

If they'd have pulled cars in for flailing bodywork, half the field would have been pulled in... which probably should have happened, but you can't suggest Hamilton had preferential treatment.

As for reversing "up" the pitlane, that's a bit of a stretch too. It was a few inches at best (ooo err missus) and if I recall he was being directed to move back.

Yep... he's fluffed two starts and put himself in terrible spots, can't argue with that point. But he's recovered well in both cases and collected good points. That's not fortunate, that's the job he had to do in those cases.

3. allsaintchris.

allsaintchris. Well-Known Member

2 GP's into the season and the race card is held aloft.

Bravo.

4. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I seem to remember when Nico recovered to 2nd or 3rd in races last year it was because he had the best car....<confused>

EternalMSC likes this.
  5. SgtBhaji

Hamilton does have the best car (though today it was injured). I don't get the point you're trying to make.

He did what he had to so he could recovery points in both races, I never suggested it was spectacular.

People just need to get over Hamilton... he'll be retired in a few years.

EternalMSC likes this.
  6. EternalMSC

EternalMSC Well-Known Member

And then we will miss him on the grid. I say that as lets say "not his biggest supporter". So lets just chill out a bit.

7. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

One of the bits of debris nearly flipped up into Van's cockpit at the end of the start finish straight. Considering the amount of publicity bits of debris hitting heads in F1 has had lately you have to wonder why they clearly saw it but didn't act.
    They shouldn't let drivers with loose front wings stay out either, that's why Ratzenberger died.

DHCanary likes this.
  8. SgtBhaji

Amen brother. :)

9. Smithers

Forum Moderator

Hamilton gets praised for recovery drives, Nico got chastised all season for being **** and finishing/recovering to 2nd all the time. As you say, they are simply doing their job.

10. SgtBhaji

Don't disagree with that at all. There were a ton of broken cars spilling bits out there today. They should have been brought in, track put under safety car and cleaned. The whole thing was dangerous. But you can't blame that on Hamilton. That's just comical.

11. SgtBhaji

Where was Hamilton praised?

12. Smithers

Forum Moderator

Somebody earlier in the thread insinuated that Nico has been gifted his wins which I felt was a little harsh, and I'm neither a Merc or Nico fan. I was simply noting that Nico does seem to be harshly judged - in general.

13. SgtBhaji

You call that praise? I said he did what he had to do. I in no way was insinuated it was spectacular and stating exactly what he did.

14. EternalMSC

EternalMSC Well-Known Member

Theres a line between complete safety and entertainment/racing. Today I think we stayed on the right side of it. Theres always going to be bits and pieces around. Full wings and engine panels etc on the track then yeah fair enough, SC out and clean it up. But bits of carbon fibre, would take the worst kind of luck to have a fatal accident from that.

SgtBhaji likes this.
  15. allsaintchris.

allsaintchris. Well-Known Member

it's just Ern's first real attempt to have a crack at Hamilton this year. he's done well to get to the second race before doing it

16. Smithers

Forum Moderator

He didn't have a huge amount to beat accept an underpowered Riccardo and Silly Oval team :emoticon-0127-lipss. I simply made reference to Nico doing that a lot last season and his recoveries being expected and viewed as "fortunate" because he had the best car. It was an off the cuff comment.

17. SgtBhaji

I'm lost as to what your point is. It's not spectacular whoever does it. It's just what they have to do to collect points. I wasn't spaffing over Hamilton... merely saying he did what he had to do.

We should probably just pretend he doesn't exist, because if we talk about him we're struck with sly insinuations.

18. Smithers

Forum Moderator

Probably a good idea :emoticon-0148-yes:

19. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

A good idea I'm promptly going to ignore....

Could it be levelled at Hamilton that because he's now achieved his ambitions of matching his idol Senna, that's dulled his edge somewhat? Same number of WDCs, more race wins, more consecutive wins, more podiums, more fastest laps, a little shy on pole positions (but doesn't seem to have an issue in quali!). What more does he have to prove?

More likely, he's had some poor luck so far this season, and eased off after winning the title last time out. I'll leave the amateur psychology to Sky. Credit to Rosberg though, unless I'm mistaken he's been pretty faultless in this winning streak.

Having finally caught up with the race, I thought we had a cracking opening few laps, and it was nice to see Vandoorne and Grosjean do well. Is Bore-hrain starting to be a misnomer? Of late it hasn't served up anything worse than other tracks.

EternalMSC likes this.
  20. SgtBhaji

Good..Because nothing can be taken on the value of the days events, so trying to analyze and discuss anything around him I usually avoid these days.. and if one does address it there's always some kind of suggestion of impropriety.

I think I'm mostly fair, and suggesting I'm not pisses me off completely. I couldn't give a crap what you think of the bloke, but sly suggestions that I'm somehow some kind of unreasonable fan-boy gets my back up. So don't!