1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Odd support today

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Feb 19, 2011.

1. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They're the only ones that can afford a ticket what with them costing the same at Ipswich as some people's mortgages do. ;)

2. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

There's nothing worse than one person repeatedly trying to start the same song over and over again to no avail, usually because said song is the dumbest thing ever.

"The how **** must you be..." chant never worked at home last season either, because whilst Brown was in charge we only lost to Man Utd and Arsenal at the KC.

Other selected dumbass chants:

"Yorkshire! Yorskhire!" though this seems to have been replaced with a more suitable chant about East Yorkshire.

"01482", don't wanna sound homophobic but it's just a bit gay isn't it?

"When the Hull go marching in" - WTF does that even mean? Seriously. Worst one of the lot.

3. TygerTyger

TygerTyger Well-Known Member

Christ, I agree with TWF!

Am going for a lie down.........................................................................................................................................................................

4. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

Ha, I've always thought me and my mates where the only ones who look at each other with sheer despair when these sort of songs get started.

I've always thought "When the Hull goes Premiership" fitted better to the marching in tune, then it can be adapted to "When the Hull goes Champions League" when we go up. An absurd thought but then again so is the thought of us being the best the world's ever seen.

5. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

Nurse, NURSE, TygerTyger needs his medication!!!!

6. Barmbys_Tan

Barmbys_Tan Well-Known Member

It depends on the game to what chants get sung, Ipswich is a dire town with a quiet home crowd.

The premiership away followings where good but even some of them weren't loud, the best away followings in recent times to the games i went to i enjoyed

Villa Vs City ( 1st season in the prem, was a bank holiday monday and we filled almost a full stand, if not the full stand, lost 1-0 and ashbee got injured )

Man U Vs City ( Lost 4-0 but great atmosphere )

I even enjoyed the atmosphere when me and about 200 others went to that dreaded FA Cup encounter at the DW stadium with the attendance of like 5,000

the Stoke Vs City game in the 2nd season, the vocal support was dire!

Leeds away this season was a brill atmopshere and everyone was stood and singing, i'll be going to forest away this season and i believe that one should get a good vocal backing from both sets of fans!

Also the DW Leg space is worse then the Ipswich leg space, i dont think the KC has much room for legs either if you ask me!

Also the chant i HATE is ''GET INTO THEM, **** EM UP'' And ''ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK'' we should adopt turning our backs to the pitch and jumping up and down like they do in other countries <laugh>

7. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Luton is my favourite for leg room. Last time I was there we had a 12 year old kid with us who couldn't sit down. The steward came along and said we were alright standing then but once the game started we'd have to sit down. We asked him to demonstrate how to so he laughed, said it didn't matter and walked off.

It's the width of the seats that's the problem at the KC rather than the leg room. I'm 6'3" and it's never been a problem even when I had a bag with me for the train. The last few years I've put a bit of weight on and I've noticed I'm squeezed in. I wouldn't mind if I was fat but I'm still only about 12 1/2 stone.

8. suttontiger

suttontiger Active Member

Agree about Luton - not only is the 'ground' a toilet but seats have been plonked on what must be the shallowest steps(risers) that I have seen. Sheff Utd's upper tier of their away end is also dire and a health risk for anyone over 5foot 6 inches.

The legroom at the KC isn't too bad although I believe the seat spacing is an inch greater than the norm.

9. djblackandamberarmy(No 4)

it really is dictated by the people behind you, if they are hesitating about sitting down or standing, i usually make there mind up for them and stay standing...but on saturday i turned around 1 minute before kick off..and the 6 rows behind me where already sat down giving me evils for still standing, so my mind was made up for me <laugh>

10. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Ironically, I think one of the most comfortable grounds for away fans, is those old wooden seats at Burnley.

Plenty of leg room and those wooden seats are more comfortable than they look.

If they just turned off that ****ing appalling sound system, they'd be laughing.

11. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

tbh as an 18 year old, it is quite hard to judge some of the old days, however as a 5 year old going away to games like Boston i still remember great atmosphere's but today i don't feel that. I feel they look at everyone young as someone who has jumped upon the bandwagon which is really annoying as some of us have seen some bad times, very few, but some at least.

Either way i will be at Derby on a cold Tuesday night singing me heart out!

All i can say is '32 games and i was there'

5000 will claim they saw the Norwich win but we know different....

UTT

12. mark2112

mark2112 Member

The Arsenal place isn't bad for leg room if i recall.

I do alot of the aways and we have a lot of elderly followers who i suspect have seen more games then most and I would call are our hard core following of many a year .So you expect them to need to sit down.As at most of our away games this season we haven't filled our total allocation barring Scunny and Sheff U,so if supporters would like to stand (if possible allowed by stewards), view the game higher up as i did, my ticket was row L but stood all game at the back,did exactly the same at Reading was a little bit colder mind.

13. Qatartiger Cambridgetiger

Qatartiger Cambridgetiger Well-Known Member

I'm based nr St Ives (Fen Drayton) Oregan <cheers>

14. MattTheTiger

MattTheTiger Well-Known Member

I didn't mind the tune until we started singing "How **** must you be, we're winning at home" when we weren't actually that bad at home :/ People nowadays

15. distant_tiger

distant_tiger New Member

Away at everton last season was one of the worst crowds iv seen. We again we signing at our owns fans as most sat down throughout. The home support doesn't help though if they are quiet then it seems that some of ours are too embarrassed to sing!
    We need to make it a good support tonight

16. TygerTyger

TygerTyger Well-Known Member

It's ok Sagegee, the Doctor said it was constipation. That's why I agreed with TWF. I was full of ****.

Better now.

17. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

Sometimes twf'y does say something sensible, that even I could agree with, but keep that between us, I wouldn't want that to get in the Public Domain. <whistle><whistle>:emoticon-0103-cool:

18. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I agree, some of these chants are bollocks. I've been ranting about 'how **** must you be' for ages now. It doesn't make sense and it didn't when we started singing it.

'When the Hull go marching in' isn't clever, original, funny or anything. That song should only be sang at football if it's by a Southampton fan.

I don't mind 01482 because it is at least bit different and silly.

19. danvan86

danvan86 Member

I agree with all of that also with the marching in chant why do people sometimes go for the slow version like I often hear spurs sing and at other times sing it normally like most other teams?

The chant that gets me is the give me a C give me a I give me a T give me a Yyyyyyyyyyy what have you got the tigers?

people who sing that obviously can't spell because they are clearly spelling out City! the person who invented that one obviously wasn't on the cheer leading team.

20. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

The best thing I heard on Tuesday night came from the pissed up bloke directly in front of me.A chant of 'Your old mans ashamed of you' went up, obviously aimed at Nigel Clough.Somehow in his drunken state this lad interpreted that into" You're all a **** crew' and then he just made some completly random noise.

I guess to had to be there but it made me chuckle no end.