1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

NUFC Moderator

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by I Sit Next To A Badger-Leazes Corner, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToonSi

ToonSi Active Member

Leeds is canny, nightlife is unreal if you're into electronic music (ran a clubnight myself for a few nights not so long back).
    As for getting home - probably visit every couple of months (depends on the cashflow), I generally use it as an excuse to go to the matches I want to!!

2. I Sit Next To A Badger-Leazes Corner

Where abouts are you from in Newcastle?

My mate organised a 'posh v poly' night out in the Toon, Newcastle Uni v Northumbria Uni, great banter, but very stressful for my mate who organised it.

I sadly still live at home, but its fine as it saves me a lot of money, meaning I can afford to go to all the games.

3. Gutierrez's Right Boot

Gutierrez's Right Boot Well-Known Member

Feels weird being on a forum thats open all the time

4. ToonSi

ToonSi Active Member

I'm from Durham originally mate (plakka mag I know!) - lived all over the North East though (G'head, S********* & now parents are settled in a village just outside of Durham) - quite bad when I used to go out back home as due to my accent being a combination of Geordie, Mackem & Pit Yakker everyone thought I was from the other area!
    Are you from Cramlington then?
    A few of my mates stayed home and have to say I'm jealous when they're all flush with their student loans & mine mainly goes to rent & bills - although wouldn't move back in with the parents now if you paid me, the freedom is great plus they live in the sticks as it's a £15 taxi back from Durham, £30 from Newcastle & about the same if I go out in S'land!

5. I Sit Next To A Badger-Leazes Corner

I live in Seghill, I just say Cramlington because many people know it.

I also have a part time job as a lifeguard in Cramlington which pays £8.15 an hour, no tax, so I can't complain as I get decent hours at that place.

6. Gutierrez's Right Boot

Hey ToonSi I live in Durham area aswell bout 15 min drive from centre

7. ToonSi

ToonSi Active Member

Ah right I know Seghill - one of my mates used to live there!
    You definitely can't complain with that, that's one of my complaints about Leeds - as there's something like 250,000 students and hardly any part time jobs on the go so my parents have mainly helped me out and I've had to do bit jobs as and when needs must!
    It's alright when they all go home for the summer (I generally stick around), but the city becomes dead - some areas end up like ghosttowns!

8. I Sit Next To A Badger-Leazes Corner

Many people have seen two sides to Seghill, and there certainly is that for such a small village. I live towards the Annitsford end, 'the new bit' as its called in the village. A different world to the other end.

9. ToonSi

ToonSi Active Member

Ah right nice one, whereabouts?
    My parents now live in South Hetton, its near Houghton & Hetton, seems like proper mackem territory, but on a matchday there's surprisingly loads of mags everywhere!

10. ToonSi

ToonSi Active Member

It's a bit like that everywhere haha - there's always a posh end & rough end to a village.
    Mine back home is the same, although we're kindof removed from that as it's a cul-de-sac built by one of our neighbours (he bought the land and then built a bungaloo at the bottom, then our house when he had kids, then another bungaloo when the kids grew up!).
    The locals used to sing uptown girl at my sister in the local shop because we had the big house and a couple of acres land <laugh>, we're not posh though!

11. Gutierrez's Right Boot

Houghton bit rough but tend not to go drinking there much

12. ToonSi

ToonSi Active Member

Aye don't tend to go drinking round either, although normally when I'm home I'll pop round to the Pemberton arms (halfway between Hawthorn & Dalton Park), used to regularly drink at Houghton Hogs RUFC as well when I played for them!

13. Gutierrez's Right Boot

Next to the bowls club. I sometimes went to the Brit, the White lions full of the oldies now due to the Buffs closing down

14. overseasTOON

overseasTOON Active Member

My hat is in the ring.

Free lap dance smiley for all should I be successful, note that I've never been known to let a decent bribe go unnoticed...

15. I Sit Next To A Badger-Leazes Corner

2 free pints next week if you just back out of my campaign!

16. overseasTOON

overseasTOON Active Member

And there is a decent bribe!

Alas, due to a death in the family and the media frenzy that will no doubt ensue; I'll have to retract my hat from the ring...

Thank you for your support.

17. WiltshireMag

WiltshireMag New Member

You've got my vote mate!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.