1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Now that we're invincible with Pants matchday threads, bring on the Terriers

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by General Melchett, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Maybe that's why Col_Who is so ecstatic - he thought he was watching his local team as they also play in Tesco bag-esque shirts?
    Hell's teeth, Mikey Boy, it must be nice to see a game played on a billiard able as opposed to the Jaywick sandbanks <ok>

2. barclayenddan

barclayenddan Active Member

We are truly screwed at the moment!! When at home 2-1 down and then decide we'll put another striker great...... But not for the other one!!!! Then to top things off we then bring on Naismith as opposed to Hoolihan!!!! Times up Mr Neal!! Unfortunately unlike last time in the Championship where our manager Mr Adams actually cared about the club and done the right thing I fear this time round he won't and the board won't!!

Travel from Kent by train as a season ticket holder every home game and a few away too which costs a few quid with my daughter but now seriously considering whether to bother next season unless changes are made from top to bottom!

Sorry rant over don't post much but read on a daily basis

3. colu_mike

colu_mike Active Member

Keep squawking Cromerbudgerigar, you turnip degenerates are finally getting your just desserts!!! <cheers><cheers><cheers>

It's a joy to behold - Well, ent that a caution – City lost agin! <ok>

btw how do you narfolk bors play billiards with all those extra appendages? <yikes><whistle>

4. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I was very impressed with Huddersfield, though on the replays, the first goal was offside, but they play as a team, which we only do in fits and when the opposition allows us to!?!
    Why not have Basil and Jerome on together and give their defence something to think about.??????
    He has TOTALLY lost the plot!!!
    Get rid NOW!!!! <steam>

5. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Stick with AN long enough and we may well be.

JM Fan likes this.
  6. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

In truth the Terriers were so much better than us. Better organised, better drilled, better motivated and they seemed so much fitter than us. Well done to them, they deserved the victory.

Where does that leave us ? We looked clueless at times and lacked conviction. Better second half but it's a game of two halves and we looked all at sea in the first 45.

Not a good night at all - to think I gave up going to see Clutch in Brum for that !

Bah !

7. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I thought the Terriers were one of the best teams to visit CR this season and they gave us very little time on the ball. Basil was SOOO unlucky that when he lobbed their keeper that it just sneaked past the post, though to be fair had it gone in it would have been a little unjust.

Yes ocf and I gave up the CAMRA pre-Xmas pub crawl for it!!!!

8. royalbarclayfan

royalbarclayfan Well-Known Member

´Sounds as if we were beaten by a much better side
    Huddersfield had an answer to whatever Neil tried´

JM Fan likes this.
  9. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

They had a good game plan RBF and executed it very well. Bright, enterprising football, good organisation, high work rate and lots of energy.

It's not like we were bad, just that they were so much better and it pains me to say that.

10. royalbarclayfan

Well actually ocf, even at our best this season, we´ve really only been fairly average, and have still to beat anyone in the top ten ( I believe). Most of us knew it would be tough, and so it´s proving to be.

carrowcanario likes this.

11. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

If they can maintain that momentum, I can see them comfortably staying in the top 6 and should Brighton/Newcastle slip up ......
    I'd LOVE to see us playing like them, but AN seems devoid of any ideas as to how to change team formation/tactics - his substitutions last night were pretty much like for like!!!! <doh>

12. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

13. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Thanks Cromer - and this sentence says it all - "And when the time came to make some changes – no-one could last night accuse Alex of not making them soon enough – the option to hook an in-form striker who’s scored three in three instead of giving him some support was met with derision from the stands." that's pretty much what EVERYONE around me was saying as well, but I suppose at least AN di start with Basil and I thought his attempted lob of the keeper was unlucky.
    I fear the board will only act when we look as though we're heading closer to relegation than promotion and I can't see many managers wanting to take over our ageing squad. As someone on the MFW article said and I've been saying since the start of the season - give the youngsters a chance, as they can't be any worse!!!
    My biggest worry is that Maddison may not want to return from Aberdeen.

Edit - Apparently both Pritchard and Lafferty stormed away from CR when they learned that they were not even on the bench. (Confirmed by one of the security guards!!)
    I honestly don't see why AN bought Pritchard, when he would have been FAR better spending that sort of money on a decent CB!!!!

14. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Yes, yes and thrice YES!! <grr>

15. royalbarclayfan

[QUOTE="JM Fan, post: 10019812, member: 1016291

Edit - Apparently both Pritchard and Lafferty stormed away from CR when they learned that they were not even on the bench. (Confirmed by one of the security guards![/QUOTE]

Well JM, if that really is true, then that seems to me to be part of our current problem, too many prima donnas. Certainly neither of them have done enough to demand a permanent place on the bench, and rather than storming out, they might have done better by staying and supporting the others. Prima Donnas are not going to get us out of this division, hard-working nobodys might, but prima donnas certainly won´t. Huddersfield showed us that last night.

canary-dave likes this.
  16. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Well JM, if that really is true, then that seems to me to be part of our current problem, too many prima donnas. Certainly neither of them have done enough to demand a permanent place on the bench, and rather than storming out, they might have done better by staying and supporting the others. Prima Donnas are not going to get us out of this division, hard-working nobodys might, but prima donnas certainly won´t. Huddersfield showed us that last night.[/QUOTE]
    <applause>

17. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Don't worry lads your board are most probably putting the final touches to Gary Rowetts contract as we speak! <grr>

18. carrowcanario

Well JM, if that really is true, then that seems to me to be part of our current problem, too many prima donnas. Certainly neither of them have done enough to demand a permanent place on the bench, and rather than storming out, they might have done better by staying and supporting the others. Prima Donnas are not going to get us out of this division, hard-working nobodys might, but prima donnas certainly won´t. Huddersfield showed us that last night.[/QUOTE]

Why do you say they're prima donnas, neither of them have really been given a fair chance under, despite both of them clear having ability and neither of them seem to have done anything in the past to justify that label. Maybe they were just really keen to play and were disappointed not to be, its not as though many of those that did play have done much to demand their place. Maybe AN isn't managing their expectations very well. Maybe they had the hump about something else. Maybe they don't like the security guard. Maybe the security guard just made it up. Maybe they were just having a bad day. Maybe like many they are just sick and tired of the way the first team is being managed at the moment and have had enough, I know I have.

JM Fan likes this.
  19. carrowcanario

Wishful thinking.

20. royalbarclayfan

Why do you say they're prima donnas, neither of them have really been given a fair chance under, despite both of them clear having ability and neither of them seem to have done anything in the past to justify that label. Maybe they were just really keen to play and were disappointed not to be, its not as though many of those that did play have done much to demand their place. Maybe AN isn't managing their expectations very well. Maybe they had the hump about something else. Maybe they don't like the security guard. Maybe the security guard just made it up. Maybe they were just having a bad day. Maybe like many they are just sick and tired of the way the first team is being managed at the moment and have had enough, I know I have.[/QUOTE]

Actually canario none of the´maybes´ that you highlight there gives them any right to behave in that way, and storm out (if true) - that´s why I called them prima donnas, it´s certainly prima donna-ish behaviour. Wish they showed as much passion for the full 90 + minutes, when they are given a chance, that way they wouldn´t need worry about the bench at all. ;)

canary-dave likes this.