1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

No plan B needed against teams like Burnley, says Klopp

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by wishiwasinliverpool, Mar 10, 2017.

1. wishiwasinliverpool

wishiwasinliverpool Well-Known Member

2. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

3. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

In theory, don't need a Plan B. Plan A is to pass the ball quickly and attack with ball on the floor. Forget the whole pressing, counter pressing wording, if you get that working it'll work against any opposition in theory.

A plan B is something totally different, like bombarding the box with crosses or going long missing the midfield and picking up scraps around the box etc. We don't have personnel to play that way.

DirtyFrank likes this.
  4. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Play with the right attitude and plan A works all the time.
    Klopp already changes things within his system this "plan A/B" nonsense is just a tag invented by the media.

Sick of hearing about it tbh.

DirtyFrank and organic red like this.
  5. moreinjuredthanowen

I'd accept his point if

a) we even had a set piece like he mentions

b) we had a means to unlock a set defence (any set defense)

i simply do not agree that plan a works all the time simply cos some sides have completely figured out his personel and IMO firmino is the gift that keeps on giving to a massed defence. He runs the wrong way... coming short and not offering any threat

All sides need a solid set piece ability. thats basic. We don't have it at all

6. saintKlopp

Plan A would work well enough if the players actually implemented it. The lethargic start we've seen against bottom-half teams is not Plan A, imo - it's just pissing about.

Oh, and give the Firmino business a rest, please.

DirtyFrank and luvgonzo like this.
  7. moreinjuredthanowen

maybe they dont pass fast enough or end up taking too many touches but you have to know i am right about firmino. He is not a striker, he comes short all the time and he is there to play in space closing down and showing energy. In a tight area is is just about worthless IMO and when sides pull in tight and surrender the wings him being AWOL out and about is tantamount to sinful

I really want origi to start this game sunday simply cos at least he sometimes gets in there. He;s another wing merchant half te time but he does get in the box.

Don't get me wrong i predict a firmino goal last weekend, simply cos there would be space. but playing him in thi s game palys into their hands.... plus he's a blaster not a finisher and he can easily shoot right at a keeper rather than finish.

Mane is our best player by a mile.

8. saintKlopp

You're right he's not a natural striker, but that doesn't mean you can make him the scapegoat for all our ills. There's no point on picking on certain players when it's a team game, and they don't function as a team. You're acting no different to Jimmy blaming Lovren for everything.
    Firmino has a crucial role to play in the type of game Klopp wants - why else would he put him there?
    I've watched a couple of games recently where he's been amongst our best players, only to see you slagging him off afterwards.

Mané was dogshit against Leicester, btw - along with everyone else. It's a team game.

9. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

There's a reason we sing his name, he works for the team and outside of the slump we've had he's been a great player for us this season.

saintKlopp likes this.
  10. carlthejackal

carlthejackal Well-Known Member

Burnley is absolute rank away from home. Any half decent team can whip them at home.

Klopp is right. This is 3 banker points if there were any. Klopp wouldn't have said about no need for any alternative if he wasn't 100% sure of victory.

11. moreinjuredthanowen

I cannot see past him having a court date then dying his teeth and getting a "fun" hair do.

He's got a lot to do to prove himself to me i can tell you.

But i am NOT wrong about him v massed defences.

mane pussied out after a kick v leicester

12. wishiwasinliverpool

wishiwasinliverpool Well-Known Member

I agree with the tag of plan B, it's like 'lost the dressing room'. <doh>

But all the other teams we've played haven't been all that away from home UNTIL they get to Anfield then suddenly they're Brazil.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  13. carlthejackal

Burnley are in a different category. Not won even once and lost all bar one game. They couldn't play well away to save their lives.

14. saintKlopp

I'm so glad I don't believe in jinxes. :)

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  15. carlthejackal

Neither do I :)

16. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Plus, we could actually have a plan b but because it's not high balls to supply big CFs, the media is this country won't recognise it!

For example... Plan A can be attack centrally with pace with the ball at your feet. Plan B could be use the width #simplybutdifferent

17. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Pretty sure they beat us <whistle>

18. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

Last week I had a football bet for the first time in years. Did an accumulator of 7 matches, 66-1. Utd let me down, but I got my £2 bet back as the rest came in. I have done a 10 team accumulator this week with the £2. Odds are 572 - 1, I still did not include the LFC/Burnley game as I felt it was to close to call based on our previous few home games against teams we "should massacre".

Brighton was the first match in my bet this week so it's still on, just 9 more to go and the Mrs will then claim the money for some expensive shelf we will no doubt need in the rabbit hutch, or some other insane purchase.

19. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

The criticism that followed our defeats against the 'lesser lights' was well deserved. However, with the media in this country it does start to get more like a hounding and trying to hound a manager - or player for that matter - will only draw them into defensive mode were they feel the need to make explanatory comments for the performances like Klopp is doing here.

As for a plan B - yes I think it's absolutely necessary. Plans are great on paper but if they don't work in practise you must have an alternative. The only thing I don't agree with is altering your style to accommodate the opposition, let them do that.

20. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

I agree you do need the ability to change, especially if the team remains the same for a prolonged period, due to no injuries, as teams can set up to nullify your style of play. If you can then bring players off the bench and set up differently a lot more scoring chances can be created before the opposition react to the new threat they face.

johnsonsbaby likes this.