1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Nigel Adkins

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by A Touch of Clas, Mar 10, 2011.

1. A Touch of Clas

A Touch of Clas Active Member

Was in Winchester earlier this evening and saw Adkins going into the Waitrose in weeke, Winchester (Had heard rumours that he was living in the area) Was waiting for my mate to get some food and he came back out and towards where I was stood, as he walked past I said 'Nigel! whats the score gona be this weekend' He replied with, 'Well there's only one outcome isn't there, five nil saints'! Wise words from a wise man, get your 5-0 bets on now! Also I asked him whether Guly is fit and he said he isn't and wont be playing. However my mate did say Barnard will do the business and he did say Barnard has been doing terrific and will continue in the starting 11.

Also did anyone see his interview on the official saints? Said that Saints are expected to win. Obviously I hope this is the case however away to second in the league, not many people would be expected to win, do you think its spicing it up abit in the lead up, with slight mind games going on? Their (idiot) chairman was also in the echo today saying he doesn't fear saints as a team...

2. JDub

JDub Well-Known Member

Sounds good.

3. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

....Honestly?

4. Carnesaint

Carnesaint New Member

I do have a feeling we will will win this game on saturday, I also think realistically we are favourites to win given our away record however I think Bournemouth will be really up for this game so we must be organized defensively. However Bournemouth play a style that is suited to us and they are likely not to sit back, if we are on song we should win this game, the lack of depth on the bench does concern me a bit tho.....

5. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Bournemouth try to play football which would be better for us than a purely defensive side. However, they will be desperate not to lose as they could end up fifth (above MK Dons on goal difference). They might freeze, whereas we may be too gung ho. The first goal is all important and may set the tone for the rest of the game.

6. bpl234

bpl234 Member

Even a defeat will not ruin our season as we have not a bad run in.....If we were defeated, we will bounce back. We all know how form changes and any key injuries could also hamper the run in..

I think you are right that the way we play could suit you down to the ground but if we play with intensity, then it will restrict the amount of time your players are given on the ball.....

The likes of fonte at the back wont be given time think..............

7. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Totally agree with you....it will not necessarily be disastrous for any of us really if we lost, but it wouldn't half help if we won though......<laugh> I just hope that the game is not decided ...in either direction.....by a dodgy ref decision. Leave it to the lads on the field......COYR

8. bpl234

bpl234 Member

See if we lost to you then in theory you we would be 6 points behind you.... We have got a much more favourable run in, and so it is not over.
    I think our style at you place, did play into your hands, and you always get teams that happens with..is look at Swindon with you last year....

If we had to go through the play off route i dont think any team would frighten us, and i know people harp on about Peterborough but it is all about your form going in the the play offs.....

9. A Touch of Clas

A Touch of Clas Active Member

why would I lie about that..

10. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

Lucky fellow, hope he is right.

11. hippysaint

hippysaint Member

Great photos on the OS today of Nigel & the lads training pre Bournemouth. Looks like a happy session.

12. hippysaint

hippysaint Member

I noticed a few of the rested & injured players are included in this session. Good to see them all enjoying what looks to be a bit of banter with the gaffer.