1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Nicklas Bendtner - destroys Bayern

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by afcftw, Aug 2, 2015.

1. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

2. Viva_Giggsy

Viva_Giggsy Well-Known Member

Poor man's Heskey.

gooner4ever likes this.
  3. Smirnoffpriest

Smirnoffpriest Well-Known Member

I think you mean that pele is a poor mans bendtner!

4. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

I could see Bendtner doing well at Wolfsburg.

It's only his poor attitude that has stopped him having a decent career. He's no World beater and never will be but he's a solid 15 goals a Season target man.

5. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

In terms of skill and attributes, Bendtner and Giroud are quite similar. What puts them apart is their attitudes, Giroud is more harder working and focused. But in terms of their levels, they are on par. I have no doubt if Bendy sorted himself out mentally, he would have had a brighter future.

6. Smirnoffpriest

Smirnoffpriest Well-Known Member

I disagree totally with this, true Giroud is no Aguerro in skill terms, but he's on another planet to Bendtner - a man who would miscontrol most passes to himself and didn't have the technique to consistently beat players.

I mean can you honestly see Bendtner completing the passes for Wilshere's Norwich goal? Or doing those difficult front post, outside of the boot flicks which are almost Giroud's trademark?

Bergkampspilot and Sign Da Ting like this.
  7. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say that. Bendtner was an exceptional talent as a youth player and created a lot of hype as he came up through the ranks at a top club.

Giroud on the other hand only really got to where he is through dedication over the years.

Natural talent. Bendtner probably had more. (shame he's fat, lazy, arrogant and hasn't really improved since he was 18)

lazarus20000 likes this.
  8. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Sorry but i agree with the Bear here. What keeps them apart is Giroud's professionalism and sheer determintion. Bendnter was a lazy sh1t that thought he was better than he was. Bendtner on his day was very useful. The fact he's playing for Wolfsburg shows you he isn't half bad.

Just a little reminder of what Bendy could do for us. Also take note that this was during a time when we didn't have a very good squad, compared to the quality we have now.