1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Next up Reading......

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

2. Roystonblue

Quite a bit of negativity surrounding today's performance.1 player who seems to be exempt from this is Mings who in my opinion had an absolute shocker today - jogging around at 1/2 pace, should have been subbed for Parr at 1/2 time at the latest.
    I am a MM fan, however, he needs to realise that Bishop is not a wide midfielder. If he is to be picked, play him in the centre instead of (IMO) Bru & then bring in either Ando/Stewart on the wing

itfcptc and johnnywarksmoustache like this.
  3. wellyblue

wellyblue Well-Known Member

Parr should start every game ahead of Mings from now on, should have been starting from a while back too.

itfcptc likes this.
  4. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Drop Tommy while he's at it and bring Chambers back into the Centre.

itfcptc likes this.
  5. Roystonblue

If you drop Smith & Mings, that leaves Parr, Chambers & Berra. Who plays the other full back position?

6. Mike_Holmes1990

Mike_Holmes1990 Well-Known Member

That sums up why we need a natural RB. Seems to be a perennial problem position since D. Wright left.

itfcptc and tractor bhoy like this.
  7. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Mings,Berra,Chambers,you're barking up the wrong tree.....it wasn't the defence that cost us the result today it was failure to score which ,as Tractorbhoy pointed out earlier in this thread ,was down MM's lack of attacking ambition and not acknowledging that Murphy really shouldn't have started.

8. Hoppersblue10

Hoppersblue10 Well-Known Member

The problem is the same one....not enough quality in the middle of the park. Ok Smith and Mings had shockers yesterday, we do need a tweak there and everyone apart from MM can see it should be Parr At RB Chambers in the middle with Berra, Smith to the bench, Mings keeps his place in the left as that is the best 4 we have available.

As for Murphy yesterday, I thought both him and Sears did ok when you take into account the service coming their way, we had chances albeit not real gilt edged ones and here lies the issue, we have no craft but plenty of graft in our midfield, we play players out of position and wonder why it's not really working, this was compounded yesterday by some bizarre substitutions by MM. Both Tabb and Bish should not; 1 have been played out wide to start with and ; 2 been subbed, they for me were both doing as well as they could have done whilst playing out of position, I know there is a bit of a contradiction in there but that us down too poor team set up from the off. Why would you swap a forward for a forward when chasing the game and then 5mins later stick a CB upfront?

For me MM had as bad a day yesterday as many of our players, this is why MM is a good manager not a great one, he has a reluctance bordering on down right stubbornness to see the blindingly obvious;
    Parr should be at RB
    Bishop if selected has to play in the middle
    Tabb is not a wide player
    We have a number of wide men on our books, play them, MM might be surprised!

MM has done great job since being here, I remain steadfast in my belief that there is no better manager out there for us at this time, my issue is that I actually think our team has more to give ATM it almost feels as if they are being stifled in delivering this?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  9. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

I hear we had 3 decent penalty shouts .....is this the case Hoppers??

10. Hoppersblue10

Hoppersblue10 Well-Known Member

Not for me Weighty, they were all from close range, for me it was a case of ball to hand, if they had been given against us I would not have been happy!

On a side not weighty MM has to be a bit more open to other ways of playing, just feel that the team have more in them to give but we keep plodding in with the same tactics and players being played out if position is making it to easy for the opposition to stop us playing!

tractor bhoy and San Diego like this.

11. Fatter than Fleck

Canary fan not looking to take the p*ss as Reading are the only team, so far, to take 6 points off us. Still think we will have taken 6 off you come Sunday.

12. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

You have a good chance Fatter.

13. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

Don't disagree with that mate if it was my decision to make I think I would play 3 at the back.....but as much as we all wish it was my decision....it's not.....I'm sure that MM chooses the team that he thinks will win the game and I reluctantly admit that he probably knows a little more than me.........it's easy to say if we had of done this or that things would/could have been different but we will never know....I agree that we could try different things but I would hope that these things are being tried in training and worked before we utilise them on match day............that said I have always preferred playing to our strengths than playing to counter the oppositions strength........just my opinions...

14. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

It's the kind of game were form/points tally mean nothing it's to hard to predict how it will go...imo

15. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Bit late to the action boys had a week drowning my sorrows since going to the game. Tabb didn't play that badly to be fair. Mings had a shocker though sometimes he looks like and absolute donkey

16. itfcptc

I've come to the conclusion we don't actually lack creativity what we lack is someone to take a hold of the game in midfield and show responsibility. I had a friend attend the game and he hasn't seen Ipswich play bar on TV this season and he said Ipswich look a half decent midfield bar that massive hole in the centre of midfield, noone take responsibility of the ball, our cbs aren't the best yet there's noone there offering themselves for the ball to take it off them, so it always results in passing it around the defence for a few minutes and sometimes going back to the GK and then hoofing it. I actually didn't think our CM was that bad in comparison to what I've seen in the past under Mick. I just wish Skuse would be that player to take up the mantle, get that fire in his belly to want the ball all the time!!

17. itfcptc

When are we going to get a good proper RB. We actually haven't had one for over half a decade!!