1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Newcastle

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Feb 25, 2017.

1. ibodyslamrhinos

ibodyslamrhinos Active Member

Neither of those things. If I were though, exactly what are you saying? What derogatory point are you trying to make about hard working people who are employed in those lines of work?

All class aren't you John?

2. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

NO I have many talents, or should I say been able to turn to many tasks. unfortunately 5 redundancies didn't help ...but I am not a dole scrounger .. if I had minimum wages for a few months between jobs so be it . did actually do some work in culverts not quite a sewer but similar many towns etc have them under your feet as you walk around them! Nearest I got to a sewer was bottom of the ladder 20ft or down and the flow was deemed unsafe ... it had storm water ingression ...
    refuse collectors, love em never tried that but would have maybe.. fit and meaningful ..that's what counts ... the meaningfulness of a job .....

3. ibodyslamrhinos

So, like usual, I will repeat the question for you. What was your point in regards to querying whether either of those things were my profession?

If I had said yes? What disparaging notions were you implying towards someone?

Queue another long winded response where you do everything but answer the question.... <doh>

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    TampaBayBCFC likes this.
  4. truerobin

truerobin Member

Maybe we should all just 'bugger off' as we all cry like little bitches when someone doesnt agree with us.

Or maybe we could embrace the difference of opinion as it makes discussions more interesting.

5. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

Not arguing this but the issue is the consistent garbage we put up with. Newcastle becomes a blip in the form book.

Bit like the FA Cup...the minnows can pull off a shock but it's just that. It's no good getting a result at Newcastle after the nonsense that has preceded it.

If this is the turning point, fantastic. If it's back to usual against Villa & Burton, then it's just another false dawn.

Supcon72 and ibodyslamrhinos like this.
  6. Alandicksthegreat

Alandicksthegreat Well-Known Member

I take it you don't like LJ then, Steve Lansdown does, and it looks like you will have to wait for the main man to fire him, and i'm sure if SL reads these posts it may take longer than you wish, maybe you should be calling him a Cretin as well.

7. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I don't expect SL to pull the plug this season because apart from the fact that is way too late for a new person to put the pieces back together it just isn't in his persona. Lee will still be in charge for the start of next season, but only if the saves us from the dire results of relegation, and will be given time to bring in what he thinks is needed to improve the squad and only if we get off to a poor start will the prospect of sacking be tightened. Let's face it we have some pretty nasty banter on here this season which is probably indicative of the seemingly unstable situation with Bristol City and it will be nicer when we all get back on to the positive page.

That is not intended to voice my approval of what's going on but more of a reality check as to what our owner is likely to do and the key here is he won't be prepared to lose face in the eyes of the supporters. His unique personality can sometimes be his undoing but you never know he might surprise us yet.

NickH likes this.
  8. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Think he will see a huge drop in ST sales next season if LJ is still in charge.
    Plenty of STs staying away this season, under his management.

9. ibodyslamrhinos

Nah, I'm not a fan of either of them. SL doesn't care how anyone feels about his prophet though. Not until his hand is forced with a lack of foot traffic through the turnstiles like under the SOD days where we were getting 11,000 a game. That will be even worse and an even bigger step backwards next season in this stadium only a 3rd full!

10. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

It all sounds so unnecessary to me and a step in the right direction seems to be a long time coming.